It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is coming our way ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sublik

Oh please do, because last I checked, NK almost started a war the last time they tried to test fire a rocket and it almost hit another country because they suck at rocket science. I'm VERY interested to see how your sources differ on this.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Being wary and possible wrong is FINE with me.
JADE HELM isn't as bad as bringing in Syrians to ME but we shall see what we see.
I WASN'T just in the military I was a scout,I see PLENTY of evidence of malfesance that is being IGNORED because of obfiscation by faction pushing an agenda .
What bothers me most,is not the factions but the backblast from retalliation.
edit on 13-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Being wary and possible wrong is FINE with me.

Being wary of something you have DIRECT experience with makes sense to you? How many training missions did YOU go on where there was a secret SOP to conduct spy ops on the civilian population?

JADE HELM isn't as bad as bringing in Syrians to ME but we shall see what we see.
I WASN'T just in the military I was a scout,I see PLENTY of evidence of malfesance that is being IGNORED because of obfiscation by faction pushing an agenda .

Uh huh... Of course you do. I notice you haven't posted any. Where is the thread that lists all this evidence that you "see"?

What bothers me most,is not the factions but the backblast from retalliation.

Oh SORRY that people find it ridiculous that the military is not really conducting a standard training exercise like they always do, but prepping for martial law or whatever.

Man... with people like you and the OP, I really feel sorry for the soldiers who actually have to DO the training. Those training missions sucked enough just being on them, let alone finding every civilian you may encounter during it as potentially hostile for no reason.

OMG! I just came to a realization. All you Jade Helm conspiracy believers are LITERALLY making this training exercise more realistic. Just wait until some bozo actually tries to take matters in their own hands and confronts the military in the middle of this training, all because y'all couldn't use a little common sense for once?
edit on 13-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: sublik

Oh please do, because last I checked, NK almost started a war the last time they tried to test fire a rocket and it almost hit another country because they suck at rocket science. I'm VERY interested to see how your sources differ on this.

First Posted: Apr 08, 2015 05:15 PM EDT

NORAD Chief: North Korea Able to Nuke U.S. West Coast

www.latinpost.com...

Gortney, however, said the Pentagon continued to believe that Pyongyang had a miniaturized nuclear weapon and a delivery system capable of reaching the US.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

North Korean Military 'Very Credible Conventional Force'

By Kathleen T. Rhem
American Forces Press Service
SEOUL, South Korea, Nov. 18, 2003 – With 1.2 million people under arms, the North Korean military is "a very credible conventional force," the U.S. general in charge of defending against that force said.
"They have the largest submarine force, the largest special operating force and the largest artillery in the world," Army Gen. Leon LaPorte, commander of U.S. forces in South Korea said. He noted that North Korea has 120,000 special operations forces.

The country possesses chemical weapons, and "their doctrine is to use chemical weapons as a standard munition," LaPorte said.
American officials are also concerned about North Korea's weapons of mass destruction, including potential use of its 800 missiles of various ranges. "The missiles themselves are a significant asymmetrical threat," LaPorte said. "But if that was combined with a nuclear capability

www.defense.gov...
edit on 13-5-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Ok. Let's assume that all this is true and that NK has somehow gotten the capability to reliably shoot a nuclear attack at America, why would we need to train ground troops to account for this? Wouldn't we instead be prepping our nuclear defense and anti-rocket systems?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sublik
One thing I noticed while reading this thread is that, no one mentioned the capability of North Korea to reach the West Coast with an ICBM. Would this not make the most sense? Sorry, I do not have time to post more, links, etc., I just wanted to throw this out there. Have homework to do (and no not High School), but, when finished, if links have not been provided, will gladly provide information to back up this theory!

You are quite right and I had not thought of this as they are to deploy JD15 along the Mexico border more or less but it is worth thinking about. They have nukes they have EMP ability and love their chem weapons all a threat.

Peter Vincent Pry told VOA he believes North Korea is ready to attempt a strike on the U.S. electric grid using an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP). Pry said North Korea practiced an EMP strike against the U.S. last year when it orbited a satellite at the optimal altitude and trajectory to carry out such an attack.

Pry is in the northern city of Minneapolis to brief the National Council of State Legislatures this week on the EMP threat. He told VOA that three U.S. states - Arizona, Maine and Virginia - have passed legislation trying to guard against a lengthy power outage following an EMP.

www.voanews.com...

Chemical Weapons. North Korea
probably has had a longstanding
chemical weapons (CW) program with
the capability to produce nerve, blister,
blood, and choking agents and likely
possesses a CW stockpile. North Korea
probably could employ CW agents by
modifying a variety of conventional
munitions, including artillery and ballistic
missiles. In addition, North Korean forces
are prepared to operate in a
contaminated environment; they train
regularly in chemical defense operations.
North Korea is not a party to the
Chemical Weapons Convention

www.defense.gov...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ok. Let's assume that all this is true and that NK has somehow gotten the capability to reliably shoot a nuclear attack at America, why would we need to train ground troops to account for this? Wouldn't we instead be prepping our nuclear defense and anti-rocket systems?

Well stop and think...

The sources are legit...

What would the country be like and what would be needed to happen AFTER and attack....?

As far as prep for defense this would be things unseen by most not advertised. I live on the coast in Northern CA and we saw what may have been a practice anti missile launch or some other military action a couple of years ago.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Well stop and think...

The sources are legit...

Your first source you posted also said this:

"It's not that hard to (miniaturize the weapon), but what happens is you start to encounter reliability problems, especially if it's got a ride on an ICBM," Lewis said.

It may be true or may not be true that NK can shoot nukes at us, but the Pentagon is just erring on the side of caution.

What would the country be like and what would be needed to happen AFTER and attack....?

After the attack? Why would we even let some backwards ass country like NK nuke us to begin with? Do you think we wouldn't detect their barrage crossing the ocean WELL before it got here or something?

As far as prep for defense this would be things unseen by most not advertised. I live on the coast in Northern CA and we saw what may have been a practice anti missile launch or some other military action a couple of years ago.

Exactly. This is why Jade Helm is what they say it is. If it were anything else then you wouldn't know about it. LOGIC.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe everything in here when they actually start moving heavy equipment.. like entire bases. If there is a major sh**t storm coming, they would move serious equipment to a safe location.

Military exercises are pretty common .. look at the massive naval exercises for months. Now it hit a multi state scenario and everyone is freaking out.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I was a line dog,wars only.
Seatch and destroy.
THAT would be a ranger or SF mission which indeed HAS been done in South America,Africa
I haven't the time to repeat the obvious.
HOW about YOU check MY prior threads about Obamas lies or the CURRENT media and stop wasting our time?
I am NOT like most anyone else ,despite your failure of logic to pidgeon hole the military as all alike ,how simple your thought process seems to be.
edit on 13-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: combatmaster

I'm not particularly concerned about an attack, I'm more concerned about some type of impending natural disaster that we are perhaps not being told about.

This video is only 9sec long but if you go to the youtube there is a wealth of links resting to immanent pole reversal in the description box. It has been talked about for years, but at the same time it's not something that happens over night.

edit on 13-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Why so angry? You sound as if you are personally offended by this conspiracy theory. Do I have to remind you you are on a conspiracy website? I guess I do.

In addition, you're aggressive and insulting remarks have been met with civility by the OP especially. I think he's the more intelligent person here. You need to give respect in order to get it reliably.

To contribute, yes the military trains all the time. The scope of this training is what has people alarmed. I know they say they are only using a limited amount of troops, but do you really think that's all the personnel involved? Obviously some state and local authorities would have to be part of the training. That's another point that alarms people.

You have a multi-state, multi-agency (including military, federal, state, and local) training operation; we have a porous southern border; a looming terrorist threat; along with all of the problems we've had regarding civil disobedience and protests against established authority. Of course people are concerned.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Wasting your time? This whole conspiracy theory is a waste of time. Anyone who believes it is straight up gullible.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thank you Char-Lee.

Then, add in the fact that NORAD has moved back to the Cheyenne Mountain complex, why? Why are all of these things happening at the same time?

edit on 14-5-2015 by sublik because: (no reason given)

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEV2GYsVRVUwkAGqxXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EzZTdxZTNsBGNvbG 8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDVklQNTYzXzEEc2VjA3Ny

Washington (AFP) - The US military command that scans North America's skies for enemy missiles and aircraft plans to move its communications gear to a Cold War-era mountain bunker, officers said.

The shift to the Cheyenne Mountain base in Colorado is designed to safeguard the command's sensitive sensors and servers from a potential electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack, military officers said.

The Pentagon last week announced a $700 million contract with Raytheon Corporation to oversee the work for North American Aerospace Command (NORAD) and US Northern Command.

Admiral William Gortney, head of NORAD and Northern Command, said that "because of the very nature of the way that Cheyenne Mountain's built, it's EMP-hardened."

"And so, there's a lot of movement to put capability into Cheyenne Mountain and to be able to communicate in there," Gortney told reporters.

"My primary concern was... are we going to have the space inside the mountain for everybody who wants to move in there, and I'm not at liberty to discuss who's moving in there," he said.

The Cheyenne mountain bunker is a half-acre cavern carved into a mountain in the 1960s that was designed to withstand a Soviet nuclear attack. From inside the massive complex, airmen were poised to send warnings that could trigger the launch of nuclear missiles.

But in 2006, officials decided to move the headquarters of NORAD and US Northern Command from Cheyenne to Petersen Air Force base in Colorado Springs. The Cheyenne bunker was designated as an alternative command center if needed.

That move was touted a more efficient use of resources but had followed hundreds of millions of dollars worth of modernization work at Cheyenne carried out after the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Now the Pentagon is looking at shifting communications gear to the Cheyenne bunker, officials said.

"A lot of the back office communications is being moved there," said one defense official.

Officials said the military's dependence on computer networks and digital communications makes it much more vulnerable to an electromagnetic pulse, which can occur naturally or result from a high-altitude nuclear explosion.

Under the 10-year contract, Raytheon is supposed to deliver "sustainment" services to help the military perform "accurate, timely and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of air, missile and space threats" at the Cheyenne and Petersen bases.

Raytheon's contract also involves unspecified work at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California and Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska.

edit on 14-5-2015 by sublik because: Double Source added

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm not particularly concerned about an attack, I'm more concerned about some type of impending natural disaster that we are perhaps not being told about.

Um. . . how exactly would "they" hide a pending natural disaster?!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

This video is only 9sec long but if you go to the youtube there is a wealth of links resting to immanent pole reversal in the description box. It has been talked about for years, but at the same time it's not something that happens over night.

And it simply is not a big deal. Happened before and will happen again. The effect on us would be one of inconvenience, really, and nothing more. No worries about the pole reversal here. . .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I believe everything in here when they actually start moving heavy equipment.. like entire bases. If there is a major sh**t storm coming, they would move serious equipment to a safe location.

Military exercises are pretty common .. look at the massive naval exercises for months. Now it hit a multi state scenario and everyone is freaking out.

I think you should count sublik's post then. Why now move back to Cheyenne Mountain, it is not like EMP has not been known about before?
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

As if we didn't have enough speculation going around, we now have this piece of dis-info to deconstruct/analyze.

Fixed that for you. Jade Helm is JUST a training operation. They happen every year. NOTHING will come of it. And anyone buying into dis-info like you are posting is just being willfully ignorant.

You should probably tell the governor of Texas that, as he isn't so sure Texas Guard Mobilized to Monitor Jade Helm

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes, I already know about that, but NEWSFLASH: the Texas Governor is an idiot. Even the previous governor of Texas thinks he is over reacting:
Now Rick Perry’s weighing in on Jade Helm

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I would say BELIEF is not the word to use it's more of an ominous possiblity I am forced to consider, as people like yourself are improperly alert and possibly defenseless if indeed it should occur.
I have to cover you then ...again.
edit on 14-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join