It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unworthy victims: Western wars have killed four million Muslims since 1990

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Last month, the Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) released a landmark study concluding that the death toll from 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million.

The 97-page report by the Nobel Peace Prize-winning doctors’ group is the first to tally up the total number of civilian casualties from US-led counter-terrorism interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Just thinking, the U.S. should have named it ''War of Terror'', more accurate imo. Here's a brief synopsis on the 2 main countries:

Iraq

This means that in Iraq alone, the US-led war from 1991 to 2003 killed 1.9 million Iraqis; then from 2003 onwards around 1 million: totalling just under 3 million Iraqis dead over two decades.

Afghanistan

In a 2001 National Academy of Sciences report, Forced Migration and Mortality, leading epidemiologist Steven Hansch, a director of Relief International, noted that total excess mortality in Afghanistan due to the indirect impacts of war through the 1990s could be anywhere between 200,000 and 2 million. The Soviet Union, of course, also bore responsibility for its role in devastating civilian infrastructure, thus paving the way for these deaths.

Altogether, this suggests that the total Afghan death toll due to the direct and indirect impacts of US-led intervention since the early nineties until now could be as high 3-5 million.

In regards to this report, you also shouldn't expect to see it plastered all over your 5 corporate owned media outlets:

The 97-page report by the Nobel Peace Prize-winning doctors’ group is the first to tally up the total number of civilian casualties from US-led counter-terrorism interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Yet it has been almost completely blacked out by the English-language media, despite being the first effort by a world-leading public health organisation to produce a scientifically robust calculation of the number of people killed by the US-UK-led “war on terror”.

I tend to agree with the final point of the article:

Much of this death has been justified in the context of fighting tyranny and terrorism. Yet thanks to the silence of the wider media, most people have no idea of the true scale of protracted terror wrought in their name by US and UK tyranny in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The excuses for starting this ''War on Terror'' were flimsy at best, 9/11 OS is laughable & Iraq was just a comedy sketch using Iraqi civilians as the dead extras. It's a lie & no matter which country of the west you live in, you should be very afraid of what your government is truly capable of, you could be next.

www.middleeasteye.net...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We (America) are the biggest terrorists on the planet. Ironic that we call our wars the "war on terror". Seems bass-ackwards to me.

The first casualty of war is truth, if that's the case then we're the biggest liars around.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

The 97-page report by the Nobel Peace Prize-winning doctors’

Well it wasn't the US , our president won a Nobel Peace Prize?
edit on 04531America/ChicagoMon, 11 May 2015 20:04:05 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The 97-page report by the Nobel Peace Prize-winning doctors’

Well it wasn't the US , our president won a Nobel Peace Prize?

In 2009, from wiki:

Obama said he was "surprised" and "deeply humbled" by the award. He stated that he does not feel he deserved the award

Ain't that the truth

edit on -180002015-05-11T20:11:44-05:00u4431201544052015Mon, 11 May 2015 20:11:44 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Started when there was 1.1billion...
Now there is 1.7billion of us...

That's not a rallying cry...

Just an observation.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
And yet war continues with no sign of stopping.

Just an observation here, but it does appear that the US is better at killing people than anyone else.

And isn't that the point of war?

Kill more of them than they kill of us?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
All those numbers mean we have backed off as we did in Vietnam and Korea. we have not fought any war as being in it to win it since World War 2. I am beginning to realize some of the threads are correct . We are leaving the enemy basically intact to where we can either continue or revisit at a later time. All in the name of the military industrial complex and to make the people that rely on war and strife to profit , richer. And weak and then weaker administrations from various Presidents . There is evil in the world. Just as in WW2 , only then the countries involved ENDED that one completely .No come back , no continuation , no do-over.

I guess what I am trying to say is , get the job done...The longer it drags out , the more the casualties of war mount up. And don't go just for the leaders . When you take one out 3 more get promoted.End it with a complete resolution or get the h e double toothpicks out and dont go back.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Have the hostile intended targets been seperated from that particular number?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That may be Vlad Tepes' definition of war...

Currently in the civilised world it's supposed to mean the defeat of the enemy threat...

Emphasis on "threat"!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Kill millions for the possibility of offing a few thousand extremist asshats. Seems fair (not!)

This should be deeply shameful for American civilians, but I predict it'll garner further apathy & more hate towards foreigners. Us V Them is just way too engrained now, people stopped thinking for themselves 14 years ago.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie, war is just what happens when politicians fail at their jobs.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I agree Beezzer, that just seemed an unusually apathetic post from you, someone who is usually so forthcoming & emotive.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I agree Beezzer, that just seemed an unusually apathetic post from you, someone who is usually so forthcoming & emotive.

I've actually participated in the current wars, just tired I guess.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think we have gone beyond that point and its no longer about anything but money and business decisions. ,

There are a lot of large corporations with heavy lobbying dollars that need chaos and fear to survive. While these politicians may be failing the people and humanity , they are certainly not failing the Military industrial complex who is benefiting with record profits.

Majority of us know that its smart to separate church from state so why haven't those same people figured out that separation of gov't and conflict of interest is equally , if not more important?

The sad thing is that everyone is blaming the US, but in reality its corporations that run gov'ts. The kicker is that these corporations are no longer American companies but rather global companies with no borders or regional territories. Global Corporations run the world and they are not bound by regions or regional politics when it comes to the pursuit of money . Every country has politicians that are willing to be sold to play the game whether its the victim or the aggressor role.

But you are right Beezer, politicians are failing but unfortunately they are exceeding for those that pick up their tabs so I don't see a trend change coming. I see more chaos.

edit on 56531America/ChicagoMon, 11 May 2015 20:56:08 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No wars happen when banks and corporations want more money.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

No wars happen when banks and corporations want more money.

And most of all... defense contractors.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
someone needs to peer review those numbers. They seem to be a little inflated to me...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i have 2 questions -

I'd like to know why you put "Muslims" in the title and not people, as they are people first and Muslims afterward, why not put simply 4 million people?

Secondly, have you done it to make people think they were killed "because" they were Muslim?
Are you trying to say that the USA eliminated them in a religous genocide?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When you put down comparative facts as to how many have been killed by Muslims then let me know. Until then you are not being objective and unbiased
edit on 12-5-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No, war is what happens when you give beggars a job (or buy something from them) and try to create an advanced civilization.

People of different beliefs should not live in the same country nor should they trade. War will be the result.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join