It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosive sound in Northern Westchester, NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum, but there was just a massive sound of an explosion in Northern Westchester, NY. Sounded like a bomb. Woke up my 4 month old, my wife, my mom and my sister. I was awake and heard it too. (I'm at my parents house where I grew up staying over for Mother's Day)

Anyone else in this area hear it?
edit on 10-5-2015 by asinapi1 because: misspell

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Indian point! We all gonna die!
Wait.
When did you hear it?
Are any neighbors melting?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: asinapi1

Check and see if anyone is talking about it on facebook and twitter. Usually you may get the answer there, or there may never be an answer...another strange and mysterious loud boom report.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nope, didn't hear it. I have headphones on listening to quiet music though, and the A/C is on.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Yeah I just checked. I haven't seen anyone post about it. My wife was a bit shook up, cause the baby.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Indian point! We all gonna die!
Wait.
When did you hear it?
Are any neighbors melting?

Indian Point is about 35 miles from where I am.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Two things......

Turn on a a.m. radio you will get the fastest reports. You might also check a police scanner.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Two things......

Turn on a a.m. radio you will get the fastest reports. You might also check a police scanner.

I can't do either. I'm not in my own house and everyone went back to sleep. I'm in bed now on my phone. I went outside to scope out activity and nothing.

I don't know what to do except wait till tomorrow for news or word of mouth at work, since I work in the area.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I checked Westchester County police and fire and it was pretty much crickets.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I will report back tomorrow if I hear any updates or news. I may call the local police in the morning.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
All I've seen this far,

link

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
All I've seen this far,

link

Yeah. I keep getting that too which is a bit scary because my house in 10 miles from there, but I am not home.

I'm around North Salem. Not close to there. The sound was loud and nearby.

The Indian Point story is a whole other bizarre situation. Nothing to worry about they tell us. Just an explosion at a power plant and oil leaking into the Hudson River.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Can you check Putnam County scanners? Or Danbury, Connecticut scanner. The area where it sounded like it came from was over Putnam or Danbury Connecticut direction.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I found this CNN story about environmental concerns with the leaked oil.
edition.cnn.com...

It does not seem like any fallout measures are being taken. I take that as a good sign that this was just some super transformer that apparently caused a large explosion. I am never happy to hear about an oil spill....

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think my daughter is around there somewhere and she was complaining something gave her bad gas yesterday. Sorry about that.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If nothing is reported in the media then in all likelihood it was a sonic boom. Technically you shouldn't hear those in these parts but who knows -- maybe one of our air force jets had a sudden need to hoof it on home -- and at a lowish altitude.

Where I lived in the Dordogne region of France, the air force used to fly over at about 500' altitude, at supersonic speeds. Definitely like the sound of an explosion -- and with all the echoes booming in the valleys, you couldn't hear the jets whine as they flew off. You'd only know what it was if you happened to spot them, as I did often.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What you heard was tetonic plate booms.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Found this:

tagboard.com...

Part of a New York nuclear power plant remained offline Sunday after a transformer fire created another problem: thousands of gallons of oil leaking into the Hudson River, officials said. New York Gov. #AndrewCuomo said emergency crews were out on the water near #Buchanan trying to contain and clean up transformer fluid that leaked from Indian Point 3. "There's no doubt that oil was discharged into the Hudson River," Cuomo said. "Exactly how much, we don't know." It could be weeks before Indian Point 3 is reopened again, said a spokesman for Entergy Corp., the plant owner.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
Found this:

tagboard.com...

Part of a New York nuclear power plant remained offline Sunday after a transformer fire created another problem: thousands of gallons of oil leaking into the Hudson River, officials said. New York Gov. #AndrewCuomo said emergency crews were out on the water near #Buchanan trying to contain and clean up transformer fluid that leaked from Indian Point 3. "There's no doubt that oil was discharged into the Hudson River," Cuomo said. "Exactly how much, we don't know." It could be weeks before Indian Point 3 is reopened again, said a spokesman for Entergy Corp., the plant owner.

That happened Saturday. This sound was last night around 11:30pm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join