It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Read Hate Comments

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
.Sharia Law sound familiar?

Sharia law condems murder.

On another note:
As an American, how do you feel when foreigners tell you you should do something about the deeds of the American government and army, or criticize American imperialism, American racism and American bigotry?

I know American is not a religion but the situation is similar for Muslims who are told they should do something about terrorism if they don't want to be associated with it.

Honestly? I feel like they are right, we have a lot of corruption and problems that DEFINITELY need to be nipped in the bud.....

I have no problem with truth

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

In some countries, call for hate are a serious offense. You are lucky it's the internet

I don't think hate ever solved any problem so you want to think twice about your last sentence, especially since your claim that Islam is basically violent is based on ignorance.

The US are also practicing the death penalty you know yet they claim to be civilized...

Go figure
edit on 8-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well its good to hear.

It's been extremely rare meeting Americans like you not taking offense about this. So I guess its in the human nature to find generalizations offensive.

Also if you agree, what are you doing about it?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well its good to hear.

It's been extremely rare meeting Americans like you not taking offense about this. So I guess its in the human nature to find generalizations offensive.

Also if you agree, what are you doing about it?

absolutely im always up for truth even if we dont like it.....

What do I do? Im very active in my community, through out the year I help rebuild homes for the poor, holidays my family and I make food boxes and bags for those less fortunate....my daughter volunteers at the soup kitchens 3 times a month...

Im also very active politically, however our system is so broken that many times not much happens....the last two election cycles ive lobbied hard for candidates that would try and bring all our troops back home and get us out of all the damn countries were in over seas and dont need to be....

Theres so much crap we dont need to be involved in over seas, the only "interests" over seas we need to be involved with are those that directly effect our home front, other then that, come home and leave the rest to their own devices.....

THe best thing you can do is to be active in your communities to try to change things at that level, if everyone would do that, then before long it spreads ....

The problem is so many are not like that, they sit here on the net and do nothing.....you have to be willing to lead by example, and act , not just speak....
edit on 5/8/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No, we do not need to change terminology to appeal to politically correct BS

I'm not saying you do. I was having an adult discussion about the motivation behind terrorism and murder. Call it whatever you want.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No, we do not need to change terminology to appeal to politically correct BS

I'm not saying you do. I was having an adult discussion about the motivation behind terrorism and murder. Call it whatever you want.

and what part of anything in any of my replies wasnt "adult"

I find your condescending reply, quite the opposite of "adult" and quite juvenile...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You are doing good things and I applaud you for that, but you realize all of this hardly tackles the issues of American imperialism, American racism or American bigotry.

A lot of Muslims are doing just the same things as you. Asking them to solve the radicalism issue is a bit unfair though. What would you personally do to make American Christian fundies become not fundies?

You see what I'm trying to illustrate?

It's not because of you that Christian fundies in the US are crazy and there is hardly anything you can do about it.

Actually the more moderate Americans condemn Christian fundamentalism, the more it becomes even more radical. Like fighting it is actually not the answer.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You are doing good things and I applaud you for that, but you realize all of this hardly tackles the issues of American imperialism, American racism or American bigotry.

A lot of Muslims are doing just the same things as you. Asking them to solve the radicalism issue is a bit unfair though. What would you personally do to make American Christian fundies become not fundies?

You see what I'm trying to illustrate?

It's not because of you that Christian fundies in the US are crazy and there is hardly anything you can do about it.

Actually the more moderate Americans condemn Christian fundamentalism, the more it becomes even more radical. Like fighting it is actually not the answer.

actually it does tackle those issues, because you have to start at the home level to make people aware...thats how spreading the word works...in order to change "imperialism" you have to get people into office that want to bring our people home, and pull us out of all the other BS were involved in.........thats kind of the point.

Also Christians arent beheading people...infact they are being killed wholesale over seas for not converting to Islam.....again apples and oranges

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ok you act against imperialism, a bit. But my question also included racism and bigotry?

No its actually not that different.

Christians killed overseas arent fundies but nirmal Christians

I'm talking about Christian fundamentalism which is a real problem in the US. Many are violent and ready to harm others for their beliefs.

What you are doing at your level doesn't help prevent fundamentalism but mainly helps poor people.

Basically the main problem with all religious fundamentalists is that they think outside of rationality, they are deluded, dangerous, unable to be reasoned. Either you are certain to eliminate them, either you isolate them.

It's exactly what muslims are doing about radicals yet people like in this thread claim it's not enough.

Everything that has been tried to reason Christian fundies in the US only made them more radical.

How can the US solve the Christian radicalism issue? When you guys figure it out you can tell the Muslims how to do it too.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Christians killed overseas arent fundies

SO their lives dont matter? It IS the Islamists killing them, not anyone else....

I'm talking about Christian fundamentalism which is a real problem in the US. Many are violent and ready to harm others for their beliefs.

And this is happening where ?

What you are doing at your level doesn't help prevent fundamentalism but mainly helps poor people.

you apparently are totally glossing over my political involvement i stated.....re read it again...its all people can do, and what they should being...

Are you saying that leading by example on how to be a good christian isnt enough? SPeaking out against unjust things ? wow

Do you advocate blowing stuff up instead?

Basically the main problem with all religious fundamentalists is that they think outside of rationality, they are deluded, dangerous, unable to be reasoned. Either you are certain to eliminate them, either you isolate them

Which is exactly what should happen to ISIS and any sister organization of the same ilk, and that goes for any others who do the same...however again there arent any armies of christians slaughtering people......so lets just stop that deflection.

Everything that has been tried to reason Christian fundies in the US only made them more radical.

Again there arent armies of Christain Fundies in the US murdering people whole sale......and you know it

What i feel like you tried to do was corner me, and when that didnt work you tried to corner me in another area.......

Its not working...and doesnt detract from the real issue....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Christians being beheaded is a moot point, Muslims are being beheaded too. The issue is not which religion, the issue is fundamentalism.

Christian fundamentalism is not violent in the US? Are you kidding me? You never heard about gays or abortion doctors being beaten? It's exactly the same logic as Islamic fundamentalism. If someone doesn't share your beliefs he deserves death.

I said your political involvement is good, but admit it, it doesnt change a damn thing about religious fundamentalism in the US. Muslims are as clueless as you regarding how to solve the problem.

Saying Christian fundies don't behead people don't change the fact that Christian fundamentalism is a cause of violence in the US. The scope might change but the issue is actually perfectly comparable regarding the cause and the way to deal with it.

I agree there is a serious issue with "islamic" terrorism but Americans telling Muslims to solve fundamentalism is the pot calling the kettle black.

Muslims are doing the exact thing they should do, requesting military help to fight these armies because you cannot reason these people.

I'm not trying to corner you don't overestimate your importance. We are talking about the victims of religious extremism and how to solve the radicalism issue.

On the other hand you seem to try to claim violent radicalism only exist in Islam and not Christian faith, and as a Christian let me tell you you are wrong. Christian fundamentalism is alive and kicking, especially in the US.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Christians being beheaded is a moot point, Muslims are being beheaded too. The issue is not which religion, the issue is fundamentalism.

NOt when the message from them is "This is to all the followers of the Cross"

Christian fundamentalism is not violent in the US? Are you kidding me? You never heard about gays or abortion doctors being beaten? It's exactly the same logic as Islamic fundamentalism. If someone doesn't share your beliefsmhe deserves death.

Beaten isntr dead, #1 #2 bigotry is idiocy #3 again they arent armies of people doing this, they are isolated incidents of individual psycopaths, not armies of people carrying their holy books and flags with military weapons laying waste to entire areas of countries...

You know theres not comparison, and if you think there is youre either a liar or dishonest.....

I said your political involvement is good, but admit it, it doesnt change a damn thing about religious fundamentalism in the US. Muslims are as clueless as you regarding how to solve the problem.

Wrong the way to solve the problem is to stand WITH those who are persecuted.....which is what we do here and is also the word WE try to spread....

Saying Christian fundies don't behead people don't change the fact that Christian fundamentalism is a cause of violence in the US. The scope might change but the issue is actually perfectly comparable regarding the cause and the way to deal with it.

Its not even close......

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wow you are seriously biased if you think muslim and christian fundamentalism don't come from the same problem and eventually cause the same problems.

You forgot what happened in the dark ages? Crusade? Cathars? Burning? It was isolated psychopaths?

It's super ironic you say Muslims should fight fundamentalism but ignore the same problem in your own religion.

Sorry, Christian fundamentalism is a problem that cannot be ignored, like Jewish or Islamic radicalism.

You are being partial here.

And I say this as a Christian. Religions are being perverted worldwide and only denying ignorance can fight this tendency.

"Beaten isn't dead" wow you are almost defending gay beating. I don't know what to say here. Its super disappointing after what you posted before.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I really love the irony here. You started like "radical muslims are still muslims" and then went "radical christians are individual psychopaths".

I really hope you realize how biased this is because this time it was you religion which was attacked.

Maybe next time you can feel more sympathetic toward mainstream muslims

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You are spot on in every point thank you for bringing some truth as hard it is for some to swallow into this thread !

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I really love the irony here. You started like "radical muslims are still muslims" and then went "radical christians are individual psychopaths".

I really hope you realize how biased this is because this time it was you religion which was attacked.

He never said that what he said was there are massive groups of radical Muslims compared to the isolated incidents of one or two singular people that are Christian here in the United States that are bigoted and carrying out violent acts

That is much different than whole armies raining out mass murder I find it unbelievable that you do not see the truth in his statements

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

He never said that what he said was there are massive groups of radical Muslims compared to the isolated incidents of one or two singular people that are Christian here in the United States that are bigoted and carrying out violent acts

That is much different than whole armies raining out mass murder I find it unbelievable that you do not see the truth in his statements

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

Again have you ever heard about the crusades or cathars? It was armies of Christians killing people for their holy book.

The Christian faith is still the same, only the political situation changed.

Islamic terrorism is a political problem caused by fundamentalism. It happens in Christian faith too.

I find it unbelievable you don't see the connection.

It's really sad when Christians start criticizing other religions for the same problems they encountered in the past while claiming their own religion is somehow not concerned by these issues

Christian fundamentalism declined in Europe but recently increased in the US. I would be very concerned by the current religious situation in the US, because there are similarities with the tragedies of the past.

PS: wasn't it Bush who called the war on terror a "crusade"? Wasn't he claiming the US army was doing god's mission?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

False premise. The crusades were how many se centuries ago?

We're talking today and now!

It's nice to see you finally come out and justify radical Muslim violence with something that happened over 800 years ago

How many mass graves are created my Christians in America? How many are ISIS making?

At least we know where you truly stand
edit on 8-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

I see you are biased too and defending your own faith.

"It's not relevant it was in the past"

Ahahah seriously?

I never justified violence and always condemn it.

I'm not unconfortable to criticize the danger of fundamentalism of all faith, mine included.

Something you guys rather ignore than consider as relevant today

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join