It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete government tracking, no warrant needed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Greetings ATS, it seems the federal court of appeals believes that any government entity has the right to your location records provided by your phone carrier and they don't even need a warrant to get it. The last decision will probably be made by the supreme court if it makes it there but as of now, it's all fair game and has been ruled lawful.

Anyone else think we don't live in a police state that gets more disgusting when compared to traditional American values ever day?

This tidbit is probably the most scary part but them being able to track anyone in the US anytime they want without a warrant is terrifyingly Orwellian on it's own merit.

Privacy advocates are already crying foul about the ruling, arguing that the court has set a precedent for the government to easily obtain other records, such as web-browsing behavior. The ruling affects cases in the court's jurisdiction, but a ruling has yet to be made nationwide. In 2013, the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit made an opposite ruling. Davis' lawyers could appeal the decision to the Supreme Court.

Folks, this is insanity.

Source article

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In B4....," I ain't dun nuthin rong, They kin track me all day iffin they want "

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We can already help ourselves to your call metadata. Location service is SORT OF like that.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well,

if you go by the phone data, apparently I am at home 24/7 365 days a year.

In light of this, I could see mandatory rfid chip implants, to ensure the accuracy of locations.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Doesnt matter. Once the NSA has the new data center up and running , they will be recording and storing everything everyone thinks does and says (for the next 1000 years)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All electronic communications are recorded
No matter what levels and layers of security are involved

Everything that is typed into a keyboard ... every text message

As such ... This same system of surveillance is also monitoring governments and corporations as well as ordinary Joe Bloggs down the road

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

That is true but this president allows regular law enforcement to track anyone, anywhere and anytime they want without even a rubber stamp from a secret judge.

For a "free" country that has a Contsitution and Bill of Rights that should protect against this by way of the 4th Amendment, this is nothing short of ouright tyranny.

What it is, is insane. We have lost our freedom and it happened very quickly. Between this ruling, the NSA revelations and the Patriot act, this country resembles 1930's Germany more than it does America in 1776.

It's getting harder to deny every day.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
People still think they are free.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

We have officially gone from being "the land of the free" , to being "the home of the brave", braving to think, speak, or type anything, anywhere including "from the mountains to the prairies, to oceans white with foam".

Ever realize our own national anthem never once mentions the name of our country?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Check with your ISP or cell phone service they are already required to hand over information whenever asked to do so. Now guess they won't even have to ask.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its not the president its his superiors. Hes a puppet. Not even a good one.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

For a "free" country that has a Contsitution and Bill of Rights that should protect against this by way of the 4th Amendment, this is nothing short of ouright tyranny.

Well it is true that those who gain power by sheer will and or conspiracy are the most ruthless of people
No one is free or has ever been free if one is governed by laws ... and as such laws should be just and fair ... no one should be free to harm another or destroy their shared environment ... hence laws but when ruthless and what I call mindless ones use their power against the Human Race then they should also have the law to bring them to heel

People want order not chaos
The greatest fear those in power have is the loss of power
Yet some people want leadership and are happy to be followers ... whilst others step forward to be leaders be it amongst friends or community or nation and even world

What is needed is real leadership from ones who are impartial and who's aim is to benefit their community or nation or world as a whole and not for selfish reasons

Who want chaos and violence on the streets and will the community or nation be better for such things ... who will be the new tyrant to rise to power ... would the people be any better off

The founding fathers were ruthless in their objectives but did hold the welfare of the nation as a whole more dearly than the British tyrants

If we have this surveillance grid in place ... let it not be to snoop on ordinary citizens but to monitor our leaders and bring them to heel when they overstep the mark

We all give our power away thinking we are free ... we all have power ... will we use it wisely or not ... Will we arise and take personal responsibility and work for the benefit of the whole rather than the petty differences

Nations fight petty wars for petty reasons
People divide themselves from what they truly are ... All are the same species
We have all been under living under the shadow of fear and hate for so long we have forgotten who we are and what we can be ... We are all better than that and until we realise we are all in this together we will allow tyrants to rule us

We need order and fair play for all not just some but all or we will never move forward

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

The last decision will probably be made by the supreme court if it makes it there but as of now, it's all fair game and has been ruled lawful.

Given the seriousness of this turn of events, I think its important to point that what they have done is legal but not lawful. Legal is a term that applies to statue law not common law. Common law is laws that we the people, in a jury situation, would agree on being as fair, right and proper based on our moral compass pointing in the right direction.

We on this forum need to remember this distinction because TPTB will definately try to breed into our thinking that there is no distinction between lawful and legal.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
In B4....," I ain't dun nuthin rong, They kin track me all day iffin they want "

Trouble is, you are not the one who is going to determine whether or not you have or have not done anything wrong.

The first people to do that will be somebody sitting in front of a computer screen somehwere in the world, perhaps in the middle east and the second lot of people who decide that will the cops leaning over you in a police station, perhaps in the middle of the night.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What sucks most is that nobody cares enough to even stand up and shout about it.
Or maybe it's more than anyone who even noticed is afraid to draw attention to themselves, knowing full well that speaking out against the power is enough to get them locked away.

We've lost the only thing we ever had going for us.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I wish it were the result of insanity but I'm afraid they know perfectly well what they're doing.
That makes it all the worse when it's intentional.
They just put up license reading cameras on every major intersection for miles around here over the last week.
The grid is getting ready to go live.
Expect the worst because they sure are prepping for it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

You're only as free as you think you are.
I refuse to curtail my speech or actions on their account.
If they want to press the issue, well, that's their problem.
My freedom and that of my children and grandchildren is not up for negotiation.
When our time comes it's far better to leave with your self-respect intact.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

the perfect cage is the one the prisoner can't see.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Check with your ISP or cell phone service they are already required to hand over information whenever asked to do so. Now guess they won't even have to ask.

Try to keep up people.
They built in a splitter from every major routing center that goes straight to the NSA.
This was admitted years ago.
Who needs a warrant when it delivered right to their doorstep every day?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
why has ATS not had post on how to beat this?
computers! phones!
do thy stop the posts?
please some one post them!
dont just send us to a site.
tell us how to do it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join