It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura & Alex Jones: The Police State

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Today I went head-to-head with Infowars’ Alex Jones on the rise of the police state in this all-new episode of Off the Grid. Join us as we take on Freddie Gray, the Baltimore riots, and the militarization of the police force.

Why do you think the police are militarizing themselves and gearing up? Let me know what you think.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I'll speak up on the police state.

First off I applaud and salute the officer in Garland Texas that stopped a terrorist attack.

Secondly for all this evil and doom everyone is foretelling from martial law to the police state.

We were far far worse off during the 60s. Do a search on riots during the 1960s. One riot in 68 alone after the death of Martin Luther King touched over 100 cities.

We made it out the 60s without a police state or martial law sweeping the country I think we're okay now.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

Edit; From 1960 and Axe handle Saturday in Jacksonville

Because of its high visibility and patronage, the Hemming Park and surrounding stores were the site of numerous civil rights demonstrations in the 1960s. Black Sit-ins began on August 13, 1960 when students asked to be served at the segregated lunch counter at Woolworths, Morrison's Cafeteria and other eateries. They were denied service and kicked, spit at and addressed with racial slurs. This came to a head on "Ax Handle Saturday", August 27, 1960. A group of 200 middle aged and older white men (allegedly some were also members of the Ku Klux Klan) gathered in Hemming Park armed with baseball bats and ax handles. They attacked the protesters conducting sit-ins. The violence spread, and the white mob started attacking all African-Americans in sight. Rumors were rampant on both sides that the unrest was spreading around the county (in reality, the violence stayed in relatively the same location, and did not spill over into the mostly-white, upper-class Cedar Hills neighborhood, for example). A black street gang called the "Boomerangs" attempted to protect the demonstrators.[30] Police, who had not intervened when the protesters were attacked, now became involved, arresting members of the Boomerangs and other black residents who attempted to stop the beatings.[31][32][33]

Until 1970 and the Kent and state shootings.

We've come along way baby!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Your vid isn't linking for me, all I see is a large white space. That is not an implied comment by the way, although it could be.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Militarization of the police, could be one of two things. Unification with military or there is a discrediting process going on to force people to demand federal police (aka military).

The purpose of this situation at this time... Well, markets usually crash in early to mid fall. In the present scenario with Jade Helm, there will be boots on the ground until mid September acclimatizing people to their presence as well as allowing the military to gauge their "terrain" over a fairly long period. When the collapse occurs, boots are already on the ground, even if there is a faux ending of the exercise making it look like Jade Helm is over.

Couple this with occurrences in other areas of North America, eg. the depositor haircuts in the Canadian 2013 Economic Action Plan, which Flaherty signed off on, then retired, then died, when he was apparently writing a book to expose this coming action. Things that make you go hmmmmm?

Yeah, S gonna HTF, real soon. Talked to a few friends today, all of us are Rangers, MI, CI or CIA (or former) and we all concur, in the words of Blue Oyster Cult, "This Ain't The Summer Of Love."

Cheers - Dave

+10 more 
posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

We were far far worse off during the 60s.

No we were not worst off in the 60's simply because our police forces weren't a out of control who could get away with murder paramilitary outfit.

Do a search on riots during the 1960s.

If you did a search what was the cause of the riots? It was because of official toleration of acts of uniformed brutality on black people and guess what? All that crap is happening again but on a larger scale.

We made it out the 60s without a police state or martial law sweeping the country I think we're okay now.

No we are not ok now.
The militarization of the police which was started by Reagan is just a way for the government to sidestep the laws keeping the military off our streets. The police should be stripped of everything they have gotten from the military.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I have to keep the mouse cursor over the video for it to work for me. IDK...

As for the police state. Considering how America has advanced militarily, there is a lot to be conceded about as the local police militarize.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I gave it a shot but, the audio ducks when you leave the frame.

There isn't a great reason to auto play that content in this context.
edit on 4-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No we were not worst off in the 60's simply because our police forces weren't a out of control who could get away with murder paramilitary outfit.

Seriously?

The police in the south looked the other way during attacks. Most departments had active kkk members. And it was almost impossible to get a conviction for a white man killing a black man in the south.

And you call that better?

If you did a search what was the cause of the riots? It was because of official toleration of acts of uniformed brutality on black people and guess what? All that crap is happening again but on a larger scale.

Well if you did a search. You would find out it was about the same issues that are being protested now. Civil rights, The war in Vietnam, police brutality.........ETC.

e militarization of the police which was started by Reagan is just a way for the government to sidestep the laws keeping the military off our streets. The police should be stripped of everything they have gotten from the military

Same claims were made in the 60s except the buzzword then was the trilateral commission.

If you would actually bother to look into that era with as much fever you put into this era. You would find this similarities quite startling. You would also find many lessons that would benefit you in your endeavors now.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How much money would you have to pay a soldier to make him stop doing as he is told?

Multiply that by the amount of soldiers and then set yourselfs free before it is to late.

Hell I dreamt about the time whem the USA would become a peaceful nation but now I realise that will only be after every normal american is dead.
...just about at the right timing for the rich to realize that if you finally greed ed all money you can't do anything with it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A system based on infinite growth on a finite planet cannot sustain itself, and will collapse.

To delay this process, and allow more time implementing a transitional system, two overall actions are necessary. The first is expansionary warfare over dwindling resources. The second is an erosion of domestic liberties, in order to quell civil unrest. The goal is to create a global scientific dictatorship, one without nations and a more manageable population.

Take heart, and rejoice, this system is the natural evolution of human civilization and progress. Every aspect of our lives will be monitored and controlled, all humans will be treated the same, and most if not all social problems will no longer exist.

The times of trouble will soon be over, and a new Golden Age will dawn.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Having lived through the 60's,I say we are worse off.But you think whatever makes you sleep at night. Write me when you get to the FEMA camp.NOT. No one gets my address!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Yeah I got the tail end of the 60s and all the 70s and I say you're wrong but whatever makes you sleep well at night.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Aleister

I have to keep the mouse cursor over the video for it to work for me. IDK...

As for the police state. Considering how America has advanced militarily, there is a lot to be conceded about as the local police militarize.

A step at a time then? Yesterday's army, today's police with tanks, tomorrow, Robby the robot/aka Robocop....THE END!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I gave it a shot but, the audio ducks when you leave the frame.

There isn't a great reason to auto play that content in this context.

Yeah I didnt like having to keep my mouse over the video as I wanted to read comments and listen... meh

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The video works fine for me?
The sound only works on mouse over, rather neat I think, that way I don't have to listen if I don't want to as I go down the thread.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: added information

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do we have a true police state when places like ATS can exist?

Where Jesse, Alex, and we can sit here and say we have a police state and offer extreme critique?

I think America is a unique class or type of police state since we can sit here and criticize the state.

America is unique because it can allow this kind of discussion and at the same time be a virtual police state.

How do they do that?

They do it by creating an oligarchy and therefore control the apparatus of the press and mass communication along with the reigns of economic and military power including diffuse police power and most important the psychological and emotional control of the mainstream populations thinking...

That’s the key, the control of the thinking of the mainstream where they can create a false sense of freedom while at the same time creating probably the biggest and most comprehensive police state in the history of humanity.

The key is holding the mainstream in control by deception

If and when ANY individual threatens that hold on the mainstream they will be assassinated

JFK, RFK, MLK

Malcolm X

edit on 4-5-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The entire world is headed to become a, "Police State", the world is a lie, most people are to stupid to have a clue, as to what is really going on. Just as Obama said when he was first elected, he is being told what to do, by others. Our government, has been bought and sold, justice is who you know or can buy.

When are the people really going to wake up and realize, what is really going on, it's not our government, it's the one's who own, control our bull-crap so called elected leaders. I'm talking about the Rothschilds, and the rest of the scum bag elites, that lied, cheated and murdered their way to the top of their rotten pile of crap they rule.

So when is the real Truth going to come out, all the problems or 99%, of them are plotted and planned, by a group of elite rich, murdering, lying, cheats, that care nothing about the problems of the common people of the world, only what their gain would be in exploiting them.

We need to end the central bank's rein of terror, and make it illegal for banks to control and dictate to countries leaders, how to rule.

And you know, you could never be President, you would have to roll over or die.

Even a hundred years ago, they said you did speak of some things, but in a whisper.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am getting " error cannot load M3U8 crossdomain access denied."

anyone have a u tube link?
edit on 4-5-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
vid worked fine for me.
everything appears to be about ready to be fractured...cut even,
like a diamond

how do you turn lead into gold?
you turn it into bullets

eta:
in good times of abundance sex sells,
in this tight fisted attrition economy fear probably works better to shake the last few nicles out.
hense the specter of the police state:
when there is a lot take a lot
when there is a little:
take it all

these days the cops work for the guilty, we just pay for it

edit on Monpm5b20155America/Chicago41 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I can't view the video either but I don't really need to see it to know what JV would say anyway. I seem to always find myself in complete agreement with what he puts out there and how he goes about it, even if he did serve in that "other" branch! One of the basis principles of psychology is that we regular human beings have a habit of projecting our inner outlooks onto the world around us. If we feel that everything is wonderful and the world is a great, happy place, why we just prance about with our heads in the clouds, oblivious to all of the travails around us until we wander mindlessly into the crossfire. When we are out to screw everyone else and dominate them all to our own advantage we do, well, we do exactly what the government is doing now, projecting the evil outward in a calculated effort to stop what they think we will do because we might just realize what they are doing to us! They are sending us all a clear message. Please read it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join