It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EA's Modern War Connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok I was just reading some stuff from EA Games and apparently their next game in the Battlefield franchise will be Battlefield 2. This game will take place in the modern present world, or a few years into the future. Anyhow about all thats known about the game itself is that there will be three sides to choose from.

1. The US Army
  2. A recently formed Middle Eastern Alliance (I don't know the official name)
  3. And the Peoples Liberation Army (PLA)

What I've noticed is that these three sides are nearly the same as in Command and Conquer Generals. The difference is that in C&C Generals, the Middle Eastern Coalalition is a terrorist organization known as the Global Liberation Army (GLA). The GLA is primarily Middle Eastern in origin. Since both games are made by Electronic Arts I wonder if there will be other similarities. EA seems to be pretty interested in featuring these three forces. If there are similarities just hope for the PLA's sake that in the game they get better weapons for their infantry.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've just gone onto the new official webpage for Battlefield 2 and watched some videos. I am extremely impressed by the realism. Bullets penetrating fences, missiles going through open helicopters (not a glitch), helicopters that don't spin out of control after take off, etc.

Anyhow these videos show numerous similarities. The weapons look similar and so do some of the vehicles. The major difference is that the Middle Eastern Coalalition now has some fairly recent Russian equipment. So far I haven't seen the PLA in action but I'm hopefull.

Has anybody noticed that EA seems geared towards modern war between those three sides?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I made a mod for the game Total Annihilation, it's mainly NATO VS a new Warsaw pact style alliance between Russia, China, India and some other pro russian countries like Brazil and Argentina...

I believe the sides in Battlefield 2 and C&C Generals are the most hated by the general American public.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ima try to get that game it sounds very fun and interesting

new topics

top topics

join