It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
That whole deal is so weird! They don't call in the stop, as they should have, the investigators go to the store and inform the owner they will be back to review the footage, then a couple of days later some "kids" go in through the air-conditioner window, and low and behold! The computer storing the recorded stop at the store is stolen.
Sigh.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well this seems interesting...

The Free Republic website said Wednesday that Gray's "life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested." The article also said the injury was a result of a car accident and cited thefourthesate.com as the source of information. The story did not cite any court records.

Free Republic has since removed the story from its website and could not be reached for comment.

www.baltimoresun.com...

So take it for what you will.

I have been reading about that and the media is not picking up on it, his lawyers dont mention it either. Best the lawyers stay away from it or else upset the bread and butter gravy train.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In other news:

Ben Aflicts (SP) great gran pappy is believed to have been a slave holder - This has come to light only recently.

Making him the .0001% of the population that may have owned a slave.

Maybe madman (psychotic sociopath) Charlie Manson was right after all.
edit on 30-4-2015 by Harvin because: Adding

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well this seems interesting...

The Free Republic website said Wednesday that Gray's "life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested." The article also said the injury was a result of a car accident and cited thefourthesate.com as the source of information. The story did not cite any court records.

Free Republic has since removed the story from its website and could not be reached for comment.

www.baltimoresun.com...

So take it for what you will.

I have been reading about that and the media is not picking up on it, his lawyers dont mention it either. Best the lawyers stay away from it or else upset the bread and butter gravy train.

Could it be possible he had a seizure in the van that was unrelated to his arrest? In other words, could he have had an uncontrollable fit and that's how he injured his head on the bolt in the van and that's when the witness heard thrashing around? I wonder if he had a history of seizures, brought about his documented exposure to lead?
edit on 30-4-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This PD keeps looking better and better each day.

The Baltimore police supervisor suspended over the death of Freddie Gray was accused of threatening to kill a man as part of an alleged “pattern of intimidation and violence” that led to a temporary restraining order.

Lieutenant Brian Rice was ordered to stay away from the man after a series of alleged confrontations, including one armed standoff that led to a 911 call and officers from two police departments spending 90 minutes defusing the situation, according to court filings.

Rice sounds like a lunatic, the only reason he can get away with this is because the blue line protects him. Cops wonder why so much of the general public distrust, and even hate them. It's because you keep protecting people like this and not only keep them out of jail, but keep them in the uniform.

The man seeking protection from Rice in 2013 alleged to the court that Rice had said during an apparently alcohol-fuelled confrontation at the man’s house at 2am one morning in June 2012 that he “planned to kill” the man.

“I witnessed Brian Rice remove a black semi-automatic handgun from the trunk of his vehicle,” the man wrote in his petition for protection. As Rice screamed demands for the man to come out of his house, the man called 911 and officers from Carroll County sheriff’s department and Westminster police department arrived, he wrote.

“They remained on scene for approximately one and a half hours,” said the man. “Brian Rice was allowed to leave on foot.” A sheriff’s department spokesman said on Wednesday he could find no record of the call-out. “We were probably there as backup,” he said.

If anyone not involved in the "legal system", was caught drunk, and armed, threatening someone, would the cops let us walk home? Ridiculous.
edit on Fri, 01 May 2015 08:21:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
This PD keeps looking better and better each day.

The Baltimore police supervisor suspended over the death of Freddie Gray was accused of threatening to kill a man as part of an alleged “pattern of intimidation and violence” that led to a temporary restraining order.

Lieutenant Brian Rice was ordered to stay away from the man after a series of alleged confrontations, including one armed standoff that led to a 911 call and officers from two police departments spending 90 minutes defusing the situation, according to court filings.

Rice sounds like a lunatic, the only reason he can get away with this is because the blue line protects him. Cops wonder why so much of the general public distrust, and even hate them. It's because you keep protecting people like this and not only keep them out of jail, but keep them in the uniform.

The man seeking protection from Rice in 2013 alleged to the court that Rice had said during an apparently alcohol-fuelled confrontation at the man’s house at 2am one morning in June 2012 that he “planned to kill” the man.

“I witnessed Brian Rice remove a black semi-automatic handgun from the trunk of his vehicle,” the man wrote in his petition for protection. As Rice screamed demands for the man to come out of his house, the man called 911 and officers from Carroll County sheriff’s department and Westminster police department arrived, he wrote.

“They remained on scene for approximately one and a half hours,” said the man. “Brian Rice was allowed to leave on foot.” A sheriff’s department spokesman said on Wednesday he could find no record of the call-out. “We were probably there as backup,” he said.

If anyone not involved in the "legal system", was caught drunk, and armed, threatening someone, would the cops let us walk home? Ridiculous.

No doubt this cop is a scumbag as is demonstrated above. While we're at it, let's look at Freddie's rap sheet which includes eighteen arrests. My point is, let the facts/official statement come out on how his neck was broken. Just as it's been said here Freddie's rap sheet has no bearing on this case, the cop's previous history should have no bearing also.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just another attempt to justify an evil system revolution is needed. A revolution of the mind must happen. The attitude of many white Americans toward those of color must change. Taking responsibility for your ancestors sins must happen and amends must be made for those sins. This will close the gap that exists. That is the only way. You want Americans of color to be civil but white Americans are the most uncivil and rude of all Americans just not to each other. How about trying to help those in need, teach not criticize, love not hate or fear,Just try t o understand others not like you do not be afraid just be open and I can promise you things will get better if you don't war, I will say it again war will continue everywhere until we destroy our mother earth and ourselves. Solutions do not start on the outside they start on the inside in the heart of each and every individual. Throw away negativity and gather some love and understand a life was lost that can never be returned that is sad. Life all life, every life is important and needs nourishment to grow. So stop justifying loss of life it is wrong we are all we got let's come together stop the labeling and division make amends for past sins ask for forgiveness and move on together in harmony. Until the philosophy that hold one race superior and another inferior every where is war and until the color of a man skin is no more significant than the color of his eyes every is war. That is what we are living right now war. To much division not enough not sure enough love for life, or humanity.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: 8675309jenny

This is certainly interesting. I'm curious to see how the MSM deals with this information. If true, it might shine an unfavorable light on the looters and other Baltimore Human Zoo residents.

ETA: To be clear, the residents I'm referring to are the ones behaving like animals.

They, like the Ferguson rioters, the St. Louis rioters, etc. cast an unfavorable light upon themselves. They don't need any help. And I'm not talking about the peaceful protesters. Just the uncivilized animals who chose to loot and destroy their own home towns. And especially the ones who came from elsewhere to destroy and loot. That is nothing more than taking advantage of the situation to act like utter morons, hurt people, and steal things.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
well it might have been accidebt but what if allstate hired these cops to kill him so they could get out of psaying settlement

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was just waiting for Vasa Croe to tell me about the bias in the arrest of the six officers.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: themanwhois
Just another attempt to justify an evil system revolution is needed. A revolution of the mind must happen. The attitude of many white Americans toward those of color must change. Taking responsibility for your ancestors sins must happen and amends must be made for those sins. This will close the gap that exists. That is the only way. You want Americans of color to be civil but white Americans are the most uncivil and rude of all Americans just not to each other.

I don't suppose you realize that 3 of the cops involved were black.

But I can't agree with your theory at all. All races have the potential to be jerks.. be rude.. or violent. While I agree that black citizens are more unfairly focused upon / suspected / harassed, that doesn't = white people being rude, uncivil jerks.

Personally I feel the U.S. as a nation.. all races included, perhaps excepting Asian, are rather thuggish and selfish. The results of being a consumer nation. When a national disaster happens in the U.S... we riot and loot. When it happens in Japan.. someone finds a wallet in a tsunami destroyed home.. and goes out of their way to find the rightful owner.

It's just convenient to blame ANY race other than your own, when someone of your race has an injustice done to them.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Personally I feel the U.S. as a nation.. all races included, perhaps excepting Asian, are rather thuggish and selfish. The results of being a consumer nation. When a national disaster happens in the U.S... we riot and loot. When it happens in Japan.. someone finds a wallet in a tsunami destroyed home.. and goes out of their way to find the rightful owner.

It's just convenient to blame ANY race other than your own, when someone of your race has an injustice done to them.

This is one of the struggles of a multicultural society. Your comparison with Japan is apples to oranges really. I spent a while in Japan when I was younger and eventually something really clicked with me:

Japan works so well because it is 98.5% (yes really) ethnically JAPANESE They feel a social responsibilty to each other, and they are also very much a collectivist society, believing in teamwork. It also lends itself to a certain degree of healthy Patriotism.

Japanese can be just as racist as all other humans (WW2??), and believe it or not, there used to be racism against their own between what was considered higher culture light-skin Japanese and the Ainu culture. Very little of this remains anymore.

In Rwanda people actually came to believe in the Belgian-influenced idea that they were two distinct cultures, and it ultimately resulted in the genocide of over a MILLION in a matter of WEEKS.

The best course of action is for all us Americans to stop hanging another word in front of our nationality, like Cuban-American, Asian-America, African-American. If you were born here, you're American, end of story, get onboard.

Idris Elba? Lewis Hamilton? You don't see them referred to as African-British; they're just British.

edit on 2-5-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hasn't this been debunked already? Why isn't it marked as LOL or HOAX?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality
Hasn't this been debunked already? Why isn't it marked as LOL or HOAX?

Because the OP did not present is as a fact.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

To be fair there is plenty in those forums that were not presenting facts but just "asking the question".

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

That doesn't disregard the illegitimate claim, opinion or claimed fact, either can be called a LIE with proper investigation. This seems very appropriate considering the integrity of ATS. A new member may think this is real, not just an "opinion".

Deny ignorance, right?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I hope you all did your homework. While he may have had BACK SURGERY, the proof that alleges this is actually about something else. He did have a suit against All State, however that was over a contamination of lead poisoning that he and his other siblings obtained in a home they used to reside in. I would also like to call out anyone who deems him and the inhabitants of Baltimore that choose to riot... "THUGS." That's a low blow. Yeah while he may have a very long rap sheet, He's not a thug. He's a black young man who became a product of the community. And those rioters, have pretty much nothing to lose, because having nothing and bringing nothing makes nothing that becomes nothing. His rap sheet isn't the issue. It's the men and women that live behind that badge everyday that where assholes in grade school, and evolved into GIGANTIC GRADE A ASSHOLES throughout high-school. These individuals try and take justice into their own hands. They believe that they're above the law and can be the only LAW in the land. SO enough about his HISTORY, and even if he was dealing dope that doesn't justify the high school like antics that the police officers choose to use. I just don't understand that need to be in control complex. He was already in custody... why torture him? Well I won't be surprised if they all get off. And as for references to Detroit, do know that the race riots of the '60s were mainly carried out by the Caucasian residents of the city who then in turn used their insurance policies to build the cities that are now known as the Metro Detroit Area. So what exactly would you call those "protesters"?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DaphneyLandInCA

Exactly, someone who gets it. Making "eye-contact" with police and running now warrants a chase and forceful arrest, even when NO crime was committed. As far as I've searched, he had no warrants. Lesson here? Don't look at a cop and run, you might die. That's the sad blunt truth.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The 'thin skull rule' still applies.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

WELL, aren't they trained to not trust us anyways? I always thought so very highly of police officers as a kid. I loved watching Law & Order & SVU, however the Police in the City of DETROIT are pretty shady. Not all but it sure is a handful of those bad apples! Then we have stories like this one always popping up! You can't even wave at them without warranting a ticket or arrest, or even losing your LIFE. This mistrust has to end. Police officers need to restore the faith we should have in them and do more for the community and stop subjecting us to all this Trickery that reminds me of recess! Get your act together if you're a rowdy cop, but to all the cops out there who are the hard working guys and gals you can look up to, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! Or maybe at least just treat others how you wanna be treated.....

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join