It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Gangs Enter Partnership to Assassinate Baltimore Police Officers (updated 3x)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I don't think there is a "fix" really.
You could pump billions in to the inner cities and I doubt it would make much difference.
I'm afraid this is the result of social engineering, manipulating opinion of the young especially towards racism.
It's being openly endorsed not just by the administration but by education and the mass media.
You hear nebulous buzz phrases like economic justice and social justice everywhere, even in schools.
They teach that everything is the result of white privilege, and that's why everyone in the inner cities is poor, due to institutional racism

The subtext unspoken but plain to see is that everything about current society must be torn down and rebuilt
That is the only solution.

I disagree, pump millions into sport type activities, job training programs, tax breaks for corporations willing to pay well for unskilled labour, increase the welfare benifits for parents actually taking care of there kids, increase the tax benifit for married couples, end the war on drugs, end the extortion crimes (such as traffic violations that don't really involve safety), body cam ALL police and I think our inner cities clear right up.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The gangs Asktheanimals, are complex and they cover a lot of ground, I truly believe that they can not control all of their members specially the younger ranks.

But that is my opinion.

If the CIA is just trying to incite resentment against gangs well we don't have all the facts, just what we been told by both sides.

They can't control ANY of there members... Espeacially the bloods and crips. They are just concepts " we want a brotherhood and like red, so we are bloods". There is no constitution, laws or chain of command in those 2 specific gangs.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I like your ideas and would agree with them.
Unfortunately I still don't think it will change how society in general is perceived by the inner city black community.

PS - there most definitely is a structured leadership in every successful gang. A mob of anarchists cannot conduct illegal businesses with any success. Ever heard the term "foot soldier" in reference to gangs?
edit on 29-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
n/m wrong topic

edit on Apr-29-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I believe you are correct, that is why I do feel that just coming out and denying involvement doesn't prove innocence.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
bbracken677

SheopleNation

Logarock

^Enough said.

Why don't you be a little more clear about what you have to say? What does this have to do with the Baltimore riot exactly just so I understand? ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I like your ideas and would agree with them.
Unfortunately I still don't think it will change how society in general is perceived by the inner city black community.

PS - there most definitely is a structured leadership in every successful gang. A mob of anarchists cannot conduct illegal businesses with any success. Ever heard the term "foot soldier" in reference to gangs?

Not with bloods and crips. They have no structured leadership passed the neighborhood level. The neighborhood will have a chain of command but the bloods from 2 streets over will be completely independent and possibly at war with before mentioned neighborhood. Bloods or crips will be called the "82cond street bloods/crips" but the important part is the 82cond street , not the bllod/crips. There are gangs set up like you mentioned, but just not the ones this report named. MS13, GD's, vice lords and Simon city royals all DO have city and national chains of command, but they didn't say those......

I don't know how you think inner city blacks precieve the country, but I doubt it's accurate. There is no box even most people from any area fit in to. You have thugs in the burbs and nerds in the hood. People take the path of least resistance WAY more often then not. Right now in the hood that's hustling. Make it easier to be a AC repairman and that's what you will have.

The most important part of life in the hood is the time table. Your kid needs diapers today! You are hungry or need a place to sleep now! Not in 3 weeks when your first check from Burger King clears. So people do what they FEEL they gotta.

I will say that the present welfare system does incentivize not working. You make more on welfare then you do on min wage. However I would expand welfare not cut it. Say we give people $400 a month in welfare benifits for not working. Well you only make 320$ (I think maybe less) on min wage. So I would expand welfare to include those making under 500$ a week. That way a min wage job coupled with welfare benifits = 720 a week which equals it being profitable to work for min wage again.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I believe you are correct, that is why I do feel that just coming out and denying involvement doesn't prove innocence.

See I think the facts of the claim don't add up. The police know more then I do about gang culture. So if this was a true statement the police would have reported " the 42cont street bloods, 69th street crips and the black gorillas have united to kill cops!". Because , as I'm sure every gang task force officer knows, the blood/crips is irrelevant it's the 42cond street part that matters. The fact that they went bloods and crips (which just so happen to be the ones with the best name recognition because of ghetto movies) makes me think it's made up to demonize the protestors and justify any actions the police take as the protests continue.

I'm not some gang road scholar ... The gang task force and police know this stuff too and know it makes zero sense.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well we know now that if is was planned is not working, look at the peaceful protest today with masses of young people mostly from the Universities, hardly gang members or the rioters that caused damage Monday.

I'm liking what I see now, a multiracial gathering where people can peacefully engage in their constitutional rights.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm liking what I see now, a multiracial gathering where people can peacefully engage in their constitutional rights.

What your seeing now, is probably what you didn't notice before. MSM is good at pushing buttons, and upsetting the common viewer by keeping that out of sight out of mind mentality. Honestly this will blow over completely and we need to prepare ourselves for the next barrage of nonsense that the MSM keeps feeding us. My advice don't take what you see to literally for it is the MSM after all.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

I am trying to stay positive, NY protest are not doing well right now even when people has been protesting peacefully.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just wondering what the outcome of all these protests will be?

We have to remember that most of these African Americans that have been arrested have been thugs, regardless of colour, they committed crimes...

The only outcome this will achieve, is scaring cops into leaving all African Americans that commit crimes, free to do as the please without having to worry about any possible consequences, because cops will be fearful of being called racist.

Or am I missing the point? If white people cared much about white thugs, there would be a he'll of a load of protests/riots.

Put in basic terms: if cops beat a white thug up we all applaud and cheer the police.

if cops beat black thugs, there's riots and all hell to pay, and we call for the blood of the police...
edit on 29-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I know something for sure on the gang thing going on, just now on the news two rival gangs broke in a fight in Baltimore the people around were able to break it off, but this prompted the police and the troops in the ground to gather in riot gear again.
edit on 29-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
What your seeing now, is probably what you didn't notice before. MSM is good at pushing buttons, and upsetting the common viewer by keeping that out of sight out of mind mentality. Honestly this will blow over completely and we need to prepare ourselves for the next barrage of nonsense that the MSM keeps feeding us. My advice don't take what you see to literally for it is the MSM after all.

Why are you speaking as if others do not understand the strings that are being pulled? I sent you a PM before yet it's unanswered, just as the question I asked you recently within this thread goes unanswered as well.

Common ground starts to be found when communication begins my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

The gangs Asktheanimals, are complex and they cover a lot of ground, I truly believe that they can not control all of their members specially the younger ranks.

But that is my opinion.

If the CIA is just trying to incite resentment against gangs well we don't have all the facts, just what we been told by both sides.

They can't control ANY of there members... Espeacially the bloods and crips. They are just concepts " we want a brotherhood and like red, so we are bloods". There is no constitution, laws or chain of command in those 2 specific gangs.

Says who you? There are definitely rules but they vary from chapter to chapter. The bloods chapters are almost always created as a counter to crip control.
They have their own language,signs,and culture. They are closest thing to a secret society you'll find in the ghetto.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx

originally posted by: Entreri06

But that is my opinion.

Says who you? There are definitely rules but they vary from chapter to chapter. The bloods chapters are almost always created as a counter to crip control.
They have their own language,signs,and culture. They are closest thing to a secret society you'll find in the ghetto.

Yea but they have no communication, involment, or coordination between bloods from around the city or country. Sure this neihborhood has a leader, Sargent at arms,exc. but that leader has no authority on the bloods 2 streets over. There is no national, state or citywide king blood/crip. No one who could speak for all groups or any group besides his specific set.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

There is no excuse for bad behavior. Period.

There is no excuse for acting like an uncivilized animal. Period.

If this behavior brings change...what does it say for the next time a person or persons become frustrated about, oh, say service in a restaurant? Is it excusable then? How about poor service at the DMv? It is not a matter of degree, it is a matter of right and wrong.

These are not the actions of patriots, these are the actions of thugs, which we see repeatedly... whether in New Orleans after Katrina or in Baltimore. Right or wrong. The fact that there is even a question speaks poorly about the people in this world.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: gottaknow

There is no excuse for bad behavior. Period.

There is no excuse for acting like an uncivilized animal. Period.

If this behavior brings change...what does it say for the next time a person or persons become frustrated about, oh, say service in a restaurant? Is it excusable then? How about poor service at the DMv? It is not a matter of degree, it is a matter of right and wrong.

These are not the actions of patriots, these are the actions of thugs, which we see repeatedly... whether in New Orleans after Katrina or in Baltimore. Right or wrong. The fact that there is even a question speaks poorly about the people in this world.

Your right! But do you mean the protesters? Or the police? Your statement fits both sides nicely!! To me personally I think it's worse that the people we pay, arm and train to "protect and serve" are carrying them selves on the same level as uneducated thugs.... At least the thugs had a crap up bringing and no few opportunities . The police officers acting like thugs and bullies have zero excuse.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Some factoids about the CRIPS AND BlOODS It seemed they did not started out as Gangs pers say, but as community groups as replacement for the Black Panthers after that organization's demise, CRIPS: an acronym for Community Revolution in Progress.and BLOODS: Brotherly Love Overcomes Oppression and Destruction, however both turn to the selling of illegal drugs that flooded the inner cities as they found a easy and profitable way of making money so whatever high ideals they initially had went out the window, as we all know these two groups were staunch competitors for the sale of drugs they devastated large sections of the West Coast inner cities through turf wars especially in the late 70ts and reaching a high in the 80ts, they made a truce in the 90ts following the Rodney King riots and things have been relatively quiet between the two groups since then . Btw while they are mostly ethnic AAs they have never been exclusively so, as they have whites other ethnic Blacks and other non Black members and chapters as well.

edit on 30-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Has this Mother Jones article been posted yet?
It points to the police being a big part of the problem before the riots started.

After Baltimore police and a crowd of teens clashed near the Mondawmin Mall in northwest Baltimore on Monday afternoon, news reports described the violence as a riot triggered by kids who had been itching for a fight all day. But in interviews with Mother Jones and other media outlets, teachers and parents maintain that police actions inflamed a tense-but-stable situation.

When school let out that afternoon, police were in the area equipped with full riot gear. According to eyewitnesses in the Mondawmin neighborhood, the police were stopping busses and forcing riders, including many students who were trying to get home, to disembark. Cops shut down the local subway stop. They also blockaded roads near the Mondawmin Mall and Frederick Douglass High School, which is across the street from the mall, and essentially corralled young people in the area. That is, they did not allow the after-school crowd to disperse. Meghann Harris, a teacher at a nearby school, described on Facebook what happened: Police were forcing busses to stop and unload all their passengers. Then, [Frederick Douglass High School] students, in huge herds, were trying to leave on various busses but couldn't catch any because they were all shut down. No kids were yet around except about 20, who looked like they were waiting for police to do something. The cops, on the other hand, were in full riot gear, marching toward any small social clique of students…It looked as if there were hundreds of cops. The kids were "standing around in groups of 3-4," Harris said in a Facebook message to Mother Jones. "They weren't doing anything. No rock throwing, nothing…The cops started marching toward groups of kids who were just milling about." A teacher at Douglass High School, who asked not to be identified, tells a similar story: "When school was winding down, many students were leaving early with their parents or of their own accord." Those who didn't depart early, she says, were stranded. Many of the students still at school at that point, she notes, wanted to get out of the area and avoid any Purge-like violence. Some were requesting rides home from teachers. But by now, it was difficult to leave the neighborhood. "I rode with another teacher home," this teacher recalls, "and we had to route our travel around the police in riot gear blocking the road…The majority of my students thought what was going to happen was stupid or were frightened at the idea. Very few seemed to want to participate in 'the purge.'" A parent who picked up his children from a nearby elementary school, says via Twitter, "The kids stood across from the police and looked like they were asking them 'why can't we get on the buses' but the police were just gazing…Majority of those kids aren't from around that neighborhood. They NEED those buses and trains in order to get home." He continued: "If they would've let them children go home, yesterday wouldn't have even turned out like that." Meg Gibson, another Baltimore teacher, described a similar scene to Gawker: "The riot police were already at the bus stop on the other side of the mall, turning buses that transport the students away, not allowing students to board. They were waiting for the kids…Those kids were set up, they were treated like criminals before the first brick was thrown." With police unloading busses, and with the nearby metro station shut down, there were few ways for students to clear out.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join