It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Gangs Enter Partnership to Assassinate Baltimore Police Officers (updated 3x)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That is the stupidest thing the mayor could do keep the darn kids in school and in lock down.

Stupid stupid stupid.

link   
Many people have commented on the surreal and movie like quality of this. What you are noticing is that these things don't happen- it's not how the world works in this area- gangs announcing a joint task force in response to public outcry, in the form of a press release from the police department?
It's in the uncanny valley- easy to understand generalizations of how the world works are seen at work in places where we know they break down and reality normally becomes mysterious. It's as if we were watching a pair of dice consistently roll 2,3,4,5,etc, each number in sequence making it easy to see that each number was coming up exactly as much as probability suggests, and were therefore expected to believe they were normal dice. But normal is chaotic and unaccountable, not straight forward and happily explained to you while things are still in play.

In short: if middle class white people think they know and understand what is happening among the inner city minority community's criminal underground, whatever source they got that information from is probably full of it.

Obviously the authorities are inflating both the perception and the reality of this problem, by provocation, by creating opportunity, by outright faking things, etc. There are numerous possibilities as to why which will depend largely on your ideological preference.

link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: daftpink
Basically it says the opposite of what the police are saying. That they NEVER agreed to come together to kill cops.

That they were attacked by cops while trying to stop violence. That they have no control over a few people who MAY have engaged in violence....but that they dont stand for that.

That while they are gangs, that it is a culture as well and they dont necessarily engage in criminal acts just because of their flying colors.

That they try to get people to get jobs and hold them down, get there on time etcetera. That SOME people do illegal things but it is not mandatory. That they are a gang first and foremost to take of their families and neighborhoods.

That they were all at the protest to see that Freddy Grey get s justice, and that is another issue they find common ground on.

That they are trying to protect their homes and families from increased violence.

One person was arrested for trying to protect a woman who was being beaten, and was arrested even though he stopped the beating and defended himself from the attacker, but since it is a no self defense zone that he was arrested and just released. That they will continue to stop the violence no matter the obstacles placed in front of them.

That times like these they can come together as a "unit" and do good for their community.

I gotta slightly disagree... Like everything else it's all about who is in charge. A neighborhood with a charismatic, smart logical leader can turn a bunch of garbage thugs into a platoon of soldiers. But he can do that for good or evil. My basic point was that crips and bloods are not an organized gang. There is no chain of command with the authority to give orders outside of there specific set, like the 82cond street bloods. If this same story had come out about gansta diciples or vice lords it would be plausible. They at least have a national heiarcy. Tho it's very loosely enforced.

That said, most people like to be the hero thugs or not.

link   
Hypothetical...is the black community being played, influenced and used to start a race war? We know the government wants to get this going, they have been trying for years. Obama jumps on every white/black issue and turns it around only to be proven wrong in the end. Holder does the same and Sharpton has an open door policy with the White House. Looking for a false flag? How about a race war started by the government and their minions stoking the fire? Turn our attention away from their antics and give the white people (the ones not rioting) a desire to ASK for marshal law?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly they wouldnt want that...hence why the police have flawed information.

If anything the only cooperation has been for peaceful ends.

Yeah they are thugs....but these arent kids. They are men....if they wanted to do harm all they have to do is light the match

Even the police say that KIDS from the high schools started the violence.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Oh, I agree I think I enumerated the loopholes that were been opened and left open for the whole mess in Baltimore to start and it was all thanks to those that are the leaders in that city, it only takes one littler spark in the field of dry weed to start the fire.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Through the subliminal messages and in the grand scheme of things this is what Hollywood and the media does best. Through repetition and mind conditioning make something that doesn't "really" happen a reality.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I agree tadaman, and you know what is the worst, that the mayor knew what it was coming and let it happen, letting the kids walk out of school and letting the protest turn into riots because in her own words, she said that protest can turn violence and damage to property can happen, it that wasn't a hint, then what it was.

Today she was trying to retract that statement.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

Media and The Purge? Poor choice of words if you ask me. Too even suggest this is a purge is utter nonsense and will bait more to continue feeding the fire with nonsense.

You must have missed what happened yesterday.
The riots began when a meme referring to the purge swept Baltimore City schools. The kids left school and met at the mall to start the riots.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Entreri06

So why scapegoat cops who kill whites as much as blacks and go after the media?

as in , If [Spider879 ] is claiming that the media is to blame. Then why is it OK to use cops as a scapegoat for racial discrimination rather than put blame on the media for playing the race card?

Where is the rage and the riots when a black on black crime or gang violence is committed and innocent black kids are killed?

Pretty self explanatory IMO: We see riots when a white cop kills a black cop but where are the riots when its a black on black crime in a community where innocent children die?

Sure the media carries a lot of blame on coverage

Where is the rage when victimization is encouraged to keep a community from excelling?

Why are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on the forefront and allowed to continue to use race baiting tactics and race as an excuse for bad behaviour?

1: no one is using police as scape goats. The media is focusing on an imaginary "war on blacks" when in reality it's bully cops assaulting poor citizens over precieved disrespect or retaliating against subdued suspects, which is 100% against the laws police are paid to enforce. If you strike a cop you should be charged and will be prosecuted, however in no universe is it ok for a cop to retaliate!! That's what judges are for. So they are pushing a false narrative but the cops are not scape goats. They are the ones who started the problem in the first place.

2: a criminal killing citizens does not deserve the same response as cops killing citizens!

3:for one it's called free speech so al and Jessie have the right to say whatever they want. They are for profit parasites, but I have no clue how that's supposed to translate to your post.

Stop watching Fox News..... Or at least watch all the news sources so you can get some semblance of the whole picture.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: tadaman

I agree tadaman, and you know what is the worst, that the mayor knew what it was coming and let it happen, letting the kids walk out of school and letting the protest turn into riots because in her own words, she said that protest can turn violence and damage to property can happen, it that wasn't a hint, then what it was.

Today she was trying to retract that statement.

She didn't say she was giving people room to destroy... She was saying she was trying to separate the 2 groups.... At least from my understanding. Then the media ran with a peice of her quote, prob to attack Baltimores democratic leadership. Being it started with the drudge, Fox News crowd.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It could very well be, I had no idea the mayor was from the democratic party. But I doubt that it could be an attack on her because of her party affiliation, this could have happen to anyone in power if they do not prepare or ignore the signs.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

Media and The Purge? Poor choice of words if you ask me. Too even suggest this is a purge is utter nonsense and will bait more to continue feeding the fire with nonsense.

You must have missed what happened yesterday.
The riots began when a meme referring to the purge swept Baltimore City schools. The kids left school and met at the mall to start the riots.

Exactly like the meme that said people were gonna purge last year as well. Which of coure never happened.

I just don't buy the meme theory.... Nor the illuminatti symbolism stuff.

Is it possible ??? Maybe, but I doubt it. It's more about young, unsupervised kids with no impulse control (like most kids). Go to any high school or bar in America, if a fight breaks out and people think there are "free licks" to be had. Lots will join in for no other reason then the adrenaline rush that accompanies such things.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It could very well be, I had no idea the mayor was from the democratic party. But I doubt that it could be an attack on her because of her party affiliation, this could have happen to anyone in power if they do not prepare or ignore the signs.

Yea I'm not saying she's done well before or after. I don't follow Baltimore politics. I'm only commenting on the "give room to destroy" quote. Which matches perfectly the Fox News "liberals want a race war" stuff they push.

No mayor is gonna let people destroy their city from either party. Would you?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No, it cost too much to the tax payer at the end, but after the ferguson case and follow up after, she should have learned something about it, perhaps poor planning for what obviously was heading her way with the Gray case.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Who would of thought that social media was going be used in this fashion. Anyone anonymous could post something erroneous to conjure up some type of negative outcome. Honestly this is the con of technology now days. Information travels to damn fast by the time you know it, its too late.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I guess you have not read my previous posts.

It's not about placing blame, it's about personal responsibility. It's about having an honest discourse about racial relations without the race card being thrown on the table 5 seconds after it starts.

Personally, I think the largest hurdle is the black community themselves. The govt or anyone else correcting imbalance by throwing money at it is stupid. See Johnson's war on Poverty and all that relates (Great Society). That is a huge contributor to the current situation. There is a part of a whole generation who knows nothing about how to conduct ones self in society in a way that is conducive to success. I interview people for office, sales and B2B positions and I cannot tell you how many show up for the interview wearing Oakland raider jackets and pants hanging around their knees. I cant tell you how many resume's I read that are rife with mispelled words and bad grammer, applying for an office position... (that last applies to the general, poorly educated public regardless of race). Seems that in many cases people expect jobs that pay more than I make, with much less experience if any at all!! Or they are hired on and feel crapped on because they are not making $20/hr and quit before the year is up. That is not how you get a better job... no one is going to hire someone for a skilled/knowledge position who cant hold a job for more than a year and have 12 jobs over 10 years... not going to happen.

Then we have the whole thing where some blacks feel that education, a decent attitude, decent diction, is a white thing and refuse to participate, and yet follow that up with complaints about discrimination. Yeah, in a sense it is discrimination: It's discrimination against ignorance, sloppiness and lack of drive.

Most people who are responsible for hiring could care less if a good candidate is black, green, pink or purple. They will, however, refuse to hire someone in a key position who does not have the qualifications to begin with.

The black community (in general) seems to be more interested in what comes free without work than improving themselves to qualify for the good jobs. Obviously the opportunities are there, since there are many blacks who are successful, whether that success comes as a small business owner, or as a great employee who hangs in there and gets the promotions.

Major universities have scholarships available for black students who prove they will work hard... many of those go unclaimed. My daughter was a top candidate for the President's Scholarship at a major university. She worked hard and had straight A grades in high school. We had to wait to see if a lesser qualified black candidate applied for it. Luckily (for us) there were no applicants so she got one of 2 of those scholarships offered at that university. It was a full boat one...paid everything. Had there been a black applicant, at the time, with a B average even, they would have received the scholarship.

Major corporations will actually dictate that certain jobs go to blacks... not to the most qualified...but to a black applicant. I am not talking about menial labor either, but skilled positions requiring experience and knowledge.

Who is more likely to qualify for a govt program for retraining job skills? A middle aged white guy or a black guy?

There are opportunities. There are not enough qualified candidates.

edit on 28-4-2015 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2015 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
How about them Orioles?

Honestly if I was the owner or player for the Baltimore Orioles I would be furious. Seriously?... Come on people go back home or go to the game. Drink a few beers or sodas enjoy a good day at the park with the kids and watch the baseball game! Though I don't think this is off-topic, but shows an absent stadium when you got people doing other things. Support your local team!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I have, just tried to extrapolate on what you were saying with opinions of my own.

I definitely see your point.

I just think we're all screwed now.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The meme was circulating at the school before the riots.
The social media posts urged the kids to ditch school and go meet at the mall to start the hell raising.
Which of course happened, so I kind of believe that it happened.

I am not saying it being directed by anyone, it could be just some teenaged troublemaker that didn't even leave his home last night that started it.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join