It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Awesome Inventions That Aren't Actually Available...Yet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

As time passes and technology continues to advance, there is seemingly nothing we can't do. Well, in theory, at least. The following list of inventions that haven't quite reached the point of perfection will hopefully blow you away in terms of potential. Just don't get you're hopes up about having them in your possession anytime soon, as most of them are years away from being a reality. Still, it never hurts to look ahead at what's on the horizon.

Source

Most of these inventions are about making day to day life better although the last one relates to the creation of Neurobiological Avatars.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

I was waiting for billy mays to come on screen!
edit on 25-4-2015 by DEANORULES24 because: missed spell

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, lets get on that stuff then. If we're making breakthroughs in these technologies, they're happening in secret government labs.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

LOL I know it did sound like that but the concept itself does have potential merit.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

VetiGel

The ability to stop someone from bleeding in a matter of seconds could prove rather useful in the medical community. Luckily for them (and us), VetiGel is here to save the day. Said to not only seal off wounds, but also potentially heal them quicker and even aid in the regeneration of organs one day, the synthetic gel only has one current downside: it is only being used on animals until it is proven safe for humans. Unlike many of the other items on this list, however, it's a very viable possibility in the near future, making it easily the most beneficial item of anything we've covered to this point.

This sounds like something we will see in the next 20 years

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
One can only hope that these technologies can be realised before too long.

I'm still relatively young, so by 2045. I'll still be alive and kicking, perhaps a few grey hairs here and there. But I've always wanted to be immortal, if that means merging with machine, so be it, albeit I'll need to be in complete control though.

Still so much to discover, explore & learn. The average human life span is like a tiny fraction of the duration of a fart in the eyes of the universe.

I say let it come!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

if its being used on animals, and veterinarians have access to it....its been used on humans too.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dry clean

Imagine a towel rack that not only efficiently dries towels while they hang, but also disinfects them with ultraviolet light. Pretty nifty, huh? Well, keep imagining because other than concept photos, the rack isn't available to the public and likely never will be. But hey, at least the website it's featured on has plenty more photos to keep you warm. That's something, right?

I do believe we apply this technology in tanning salons.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Sounds like nothing will ever matter again.

Everything will be constantly amazing and nothing will ever hurt us or we will never suffer again. Ever.

JOIN US!!!

I need some time to think about it. You have a lot more explaining to do then just 7 minutes to convince me of this new way of life.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anyone else get a really creeped out feeling w this video?

Also I dont see things moving as fast as what they claim. Even their 2012-2015 didn't seem in target

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

Actually, in my opinion the only thing that could be considered creepy, is in relation to your response.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I did notice how the video mentioned millions of people instead of billions of people.

Population control?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DooDer

Right so we should do this to everyone at once.....that's a great idea.

edit on 25-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

sounds like little more than marketing spiel for some company to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AkaDeDrow

Transferring the human brain is at best in potential not enough to transfer consciousness. In potential it makes a lot of sense to consider that one needs to transfer the entire nervous system from a human body to a machine.

Otherwise

edit on 25-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkaDeDrow

sounds like little more than marketing spiel for some company to me.

I was thinking a future movie!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

sorry if it sounded like I was having a dig at you mate (haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet :-P )

What I meant was that the presentation sounded too "polished" I didn't actually see anything in it that looked like they were working towards any solutions, but more that they were just throwing ideas out there and trying to "WOW!" us with catchy phrases and flashy graphics, like they were saying "We Need To Change, Evolve" and for $14.99 (plus tax) we can show you how

I didn't actually see anything that looked like "inventions" just ideas, dreams, no statistics on research, development, no applications of the physical things we need to do, just words, no data, but they were trying to "sell" something.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Quickclot is something anyone can buy that does something similar. It's a powder you pour on a wound to stop the bleeding. It's made of chiton.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AkaDeDrow
that could replicate
An ideal; way to survive would be if we could transfer our ability to think into a machine, that could replicate our activity (even reproduction).

I have not taken anything you have said personally

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Much of the tech offered in the OP is something members on ATS can work upon.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join