It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mercury pool & pyramid connection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Like most people interested in ancient civilizations and pyramids, you may have heard that an archeologist recently found a pool of liquid mercury under the emperor's chamber. Local rituals and/or some ancient cult, right?

Now, the interesting part is that many similar pools were found all over the world in the tombs of leaders buried inside pyramids.

That raises many questions in my head: Why put liquid there? What do these civilizations have in common?

Qin Shi Huang (China)
(Mexico)
Egypt

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AxlJones

Why do they have to have anything in common? A lot of ancient rulers were buried with gold and precious stones too. It's a symbol of wealth/royalty.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If true and these cultures don;t have contact enough to pass this info around it would be interesting to see what conclusions are drawn from this.

Mercury is a well known toxin and I may doubt they knew that either. Or if they did, maybe it was placed there to make thieves sick.

Further thought, Mercury is (whats the term?) volatile, it evaporates over time. Maybe in a sealed chamber it could fill that with poisonous gas and poison any tomb robbers. Maybe they just thought it would do that.

Ancient chemical warfare?

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Why do they have to have anything in common? A lot of ancient rulers were buried with gold and precious stones too. It's a symbol of wealth/royalty.

I am often left speechless at time here, and again you leave me speechless.

A pool of mercury and its just a coincidence

Lucky I can type

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Why do they have to have anything in common?

You sound like Zahi Hawass in his epic debate fail with Graham Hancock, lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's certainly an interesting aspect of it. I wonder, though, if it has more to do with permanency and using something that doesn't evaporate/stagnate/etc....over time to preserve the intended image versus something more significant. Not saying there isn't anything there, but I find myself questioning how deep it really goes. With all the strange coincidences and seemingly simultaneous development of other ideas/structures/etc.... It seems these mercury pools would be much more common than they are if it went very deep.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Is there any real evidence of liquid mercury pools? photos? anything? weird... lots of other things they have in common..

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
They knew how to extract the mercury from rocks. That is impressive.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Mercury is one of two elements from the periodic table (out of over 100) to appear as liquid at room temperature. It is also the only metallic element to be a liquid at room temperature. It is silvery-white and quite pleasing to the eye, this could be a reason for its fascination among many ancient cultures (similar to the lust for shiny precious metals).

Another interesting thing of note is that it has an atomic number that is 1 greater than gold (it is beside gold on the periodic table). While the ancients did not know properties of elements and other sub-atomic particles (according to contemporary archaeology), mercury was used in alchemy to try and produce gold. This could be accomplished today through neutron bombardment of mercury (shooting neutrons at the nucleus of an element, where protons and neutrons reside), and by knocking out a neutron from the mercury, gold could be produce via this technique. However, the gold is radioactive and decays relatively quickly.

Furthermore, the ancient Chinese, Tibetans, Greeks, Egyptians, Romans and Mayans used mercury in their lives for varying purposes. Ranging from the belief of mercury being the elixir of life in China, to use in ointments and cosmetics among Greeks, Egyptians and Romans, mercury was extensively used in many cultures.

In summary, due to its interesting properties (some which may have been lost to history), and aesthetic appeal, mercury was widely used in ancient cultures. Therefore, it is natural for emperors, kings and other rulers to have a desire to be buried in the proximity of a pool of mercury.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

You leave me speechless. A pool of mercury and its just a coincidence?

No, it was intelligently designed. Because micropools of mercury could evolve naturally, but macroevolution of mercury pools just isn't possible.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Did you read the OP at all. wake up sleepy.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

Why do they have to have anything in common?

You sound like Zahi Hawass in his epic debate fail with Graham Hancock, lol.

Then perhaps you'd care to explain why multiple cultures from different times and locations leaving mercury in a rulers' tomb is supposed to be significant, or how it implies any sort of connection between said cultures....

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Because it's Saturday

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I never would've pictured you as the Steve Miller Band type, for some reason. Maybe it's the avatar lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It's Saturday.
(Did you know Boz Scaggs was in the band?)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I've never been a huge follower (not that I dislike them), but yes, I knew he did lead vocals for a bit.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Follower, not I. But I do appreciate musicianship.

And mercury is fun. You can make coins really shiny with it. For a little while.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I've got a bunch of old Mercury dimes. As a child, I used to think they were called such because they were made of mercury. Guess it's a good thing I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
decipherment.wordpress.com... - Here is the straight evidence they have found and are releasing so far from this site.....enjoy...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AxlJones
Hey everyone,

Like most people interested in ancient civilizations and pyramids, you may have heard that an archeologist recently found a pool of liquid mercury under the emperor's chamber. Local rituals and/or some ancient cult, right?

Now, the interesting part is that many similar pools were found all over the world in the tombs of leaders buried inside pyramids.

That raises many questions in my head: Why put liquid there? What do these civilizations have in common?

Qin Shi Huang (China)
(Mexico)
Egypt

I'm aware of the Chinese and Mexican mercury "pools," but can you provide a legitimate link to the Egyptian?

You posted this as your link: url=http://

Obviously, that's not a link.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join