It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
Ha ha !!!!!! Wow....!!!!!

It does seem the evidence is / was hidden in plain sight!!!!!!!

Text www.madehow.com...

Go there and read up on manufacturing process, unless the Mercury was planted by the archaeologist (?) But I doubt it.

You ca do the math :-)

Your "how it's made" link explains the method used that is most efficient.

However, there's no real need for the natives to have gone to all that trouble, unless they were establishing an industry in mercury.

Look at this piece of ore:

Just warm it up a little and you have some mercury to play with.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Text www.madehow.com...

Go there and read up on manufacturing process, unless the Mercury was planted by the archaeologist (?) But I doubt it.

However, there's no real need for the natives to have gone to all that trouble, unless they were establishing an industry in mercury.

Harte

Ahhh...thats right, just throw a little fire on that rock and reach out and grab the molten liquid mercury eh?

Is that what you're saying?

If so, would mind sharing with the class, how possibly this might be done before they had knowledge of what 'metal' even might been....

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Text www.madehow.com...

Harte

Ahhh...thats right, just throw a little fire on that rock and reach out and grab the molten liquid mercury eh?

If so, would mind sharing with the class, how possibly this might be done before they had knowledge of what 'metal' even might habe been....

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Text www.madehow.com...

Harte

If so, would mind sharing with the class, how possibly this might be done before they had knowledge of what 'metal' even might been....

Are you seriously suggesting that Mesoamericans had no knowledge of metals?

If you are, then never mind. I meant to talk to someone with at least some basic knowledge of the past.

You just go on with your flights of fancy, then.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They would have been collecting the raw ore as it was used for its coloring, so it wasn't far from heating it in a fire to smelt the metal, and chances are the first instances of smelting it were accidental. Similar to the beginning of the Chalcolithic age, where clumps of raw copper ore found their way into early man's fires to result in crude copper, surely long before man understood metallurgy.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
They would have been collecting the raw ore as it was used for its coloring, so it wasn't far from heating it in a fire to smelt the metal, and chances are the first instances of smelting it were accidental. Similar to the beginning of the Chalcolithic age, where clumps of raw copper ore found their way into early man's fires to result in crude copper, surely long before man understood metallurgy.

They were a metallurgical society. Adept at bronze. But they didn't understand metal well enough, according to komodo, to note mercury beading up on cinnabar.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Are you seriously suggesting that Mesoamericans had no knowledge of metal? I've got news for you; Not only did they have extensive knowledge of metals and metallurgy, they also used mercury regularly as part of their gilding process...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Great thread! I am headed to the Yucatan next week to explore about seven Maya sites in Quintana Roo and Yucatan. Because of this I have been reading a lot of esoteric works on the Maya, Toltecs, Olmecs, Aztecs, etc.

One of the books I have been reading is "Mysteries of the Mexican Pyramids" by Peter Thompkins. He mentions on p. 202 while discussing Leopoldo Batres excavations at Teotihuacan in the early part of the 20th century:

"An unpublished find on the fifth level has never been adequately explained. While the Sun Pyramid was first being probed by Batres in 1906, an archeologist working with him reported thick sheet of mica covering the top of the fifth body. This material was apparently carried away during the course of the restoration.

"Coincidentally , 'Temple of Mica' was also found to the South of the Sun Pyramid about 350 meters down the Way of the Dead, where the local guard will still let one peek throught the glass panel at the floor covered with mica slabs. Mica has two outstanding characteristics: high electrical resistance and opaqueness to fast neutrons. Hence it acts as an insulator or nuclear reaction moderator, which raises the question as to why two separate areas of Teotihuacan were covered with mica."

One conclusion we can make from this is that the mica was purposely added at least in the first case as it was on the fifth level of the Pyramid of the Sun.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klipothian

Mica also makes for nice flooring.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte
Here is a link that says that "experts" stated the mica was a type only found in Brazil, South Africa, USA and Russia: www.messagetoeagle.com...-9KSM

Not sure that I clarified anything here LOL

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: R0CR13

R0CR13 - can you elaborate on this? I was reading about jarosite and it seems to have some interesting properties:

" Jarosite has the chemical formula KFe3(SO4)2(OH)6 but its “garbage can”-like structure can accommodate many other elements to produce chemically diverse varieties like natrojarosite [NaFe3(SO4)2(OH)6], hydronium jarosite [H3OFe3(SO4)2(OH)6], ammoniojarosite [NH4Fe3(SO4)2(OH)6], and plumbojarosite [PbFe6(SO4)4(OH)12], among others. These are examples of endmember jarosites; intermediate jarosites consist of mixtures of alkali-site cations (for example, K+ and Na+, or H O+ and K+)."

The reports I read said that the clay spheres were covered with jarosite. Was this on purpose or a by product of the process they were working with? These temples were meant to withstand the ravages of time and the dimensions, hieroglyphics, Stella, paintings, alignments, etc. we're precisely encoded for decription by later generations. Because of this I would assume that these elements ( mica, mercury, jarosite, pyrite mirrors) were intentionally positioned as well.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Klipothian because: Spelling of decription

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klipothian
a reply to: Harte
Here is a link that says that "experts" stated the mica was a type only found in Brazil, South Africa, USA and Russia: www.messagetoeagle.com...-9KSM

Not sure that I clarified anything here LOL

The quote from your link is attributed to the fraud Zecharia Sitchin - the source of this idiotic claim.

They still mine mica in Oaxaca today, and ancient mines have been found there.

So, mica was being mined in Mexico even before Teotihuacan was even constructed, but they decided to go to Brazil anyway?
Absurd.

Harte

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join