It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Enemy of Mankind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
War.

The thunders of explosions, the cries of pain, the rain of gunshots, the furious shouts of soldiers, the earthquakes of bombs. Countering each explosions with some more explosions, each fires with some more fires, each death with some more death. The growing pile of deads; the sound of war deafening the minds; the progessing destruction of the surface of the Earth.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the real enemy of Humanity. This true enemy is not an ever-elusive antichrist, it is not global warming, it is not an alien invasion; yet it is that which puts in jeopardy our survival as a specie, and the survival of most other species on this world.

War has a broad face - one that spreads all the way from violent revolutions to nuclear bombing. It has been waged under many names - the greatest piles of deads are those of the victims of bold names such as "God" (Inquisition), "evolution" (Nazism), "revolution" (Maoism). But with each more gloriously-named wars comes deadlier anthropocides, and greater graveyards.

In these troubled times, asking for countries to make peace with each other is almost akin to asking for the impossible. But perhaps people making peace with each other is not that far-fetched. In fact, I am making the proposition right now.

We are not alone. The Earth's biosphere is a formidable machine in which each species plays a vital part. Man's mad scramble for destruction damages the environment, poisons it with radioactivity, chemicals, transforms fertile soil into sterile deserts, affecting fellow species of plantae and animalia.

The Earth is but a sphere only 12,742 kilometers across. It is our home, it has been since thousands of years, but it is also the home of countless endangered species, sentient animals, and even yet-undiscovered life forms. And, my fellow man (or woman), it is the only home we got. It is the only home we all - all of us species - have. It needs our assistance because we are part of it. Take for instance the oxygen you breathe right now. It may well have been created by some tree in the Amazonian forest (also nicknamed the "earth's lungs") - I believe that we can all agree it is a good idea to stop chopping down the Amazonian forest. We can all agree it is a good idea to stop polluting. There are far more important things to do than to drool over imagined political lines on a map.

The Earth is way too precious for pointless games of wars.

Science, discoveries, helping the environment are much nobler pursuits than power.

Let us be the future we want to see.

edit on 24-4-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It isn't war that is the problem, it is the people who would start war to gain wealth or power that is the problem. It is the people who desire these weapons that are the problem, allowing other big powers to exist so they can control their own people through fear and make their people pay for the weapons.

When we started developing nukes, we aided the Russians in developing nukes so that it justified us building great stockpiles of Nukes. As you said Swanne, it is a game like the game of risk. People would not become soldiers to defend their country if there was no threat of war. People would not need a military to protect them if there was no warring.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It isn't war that is the problem, it is the people who would start war to gain wealth or power that is the problem.

But this is my point exactly. Wars are started by people who lost track of what is truly precious in this world. And at the end, these wars become self-sustaining, they become like a feedback loop, and the biosphere as a whole (including mankind) is the ultimate victim.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You discuss and give examples of the problem, but do not finger the problem itself which is pure animal aggression and what follows from that in organized societies from a relationship of any one mind to the simple, physical environment or to that of the community of fellow beings at large.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yah, what if they gave a war and nobody came to fight it?

Then you have to ask, what makes the people fight? What drives them to go and pick up weapon?

Lots of things. Does it begin with money or the lack of it?

I'm young, untrained, ignorant and broke…

Poverty, de education, brain washing.

Uncle Sam wants you

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

But it's such fun. Not all the time, obviously, but for white-knuckle thrills and the chance to win glory nothing beats it.

That, lamentably, is why it is always with us.

War is a human activity.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You discuss and give examples of the problem, but do not finger the problem itself which is pure animal aggression and what follows from that in organized societies from a relationship of any one mind to the simple, physical environment or to that of the community of fellow beings at large.

Humans are not nasty aggressive animalistic beasts by nature. We are densitized to such things from crattle to the grave. More so now than ever before. Being exposed to war as a child in school was a jolt to my psyche in itself. It took me quite awhile to even begin to rationalize the meaning of war and to this day I still try to understand the rationalization of a justification for war. There is no godly reason why a less destructive way of settling disputes can't be mustered.

But alas, the world is composed of ignorant, preprogrammed, walking-talking sheep and can be swayed to do just about anything.....with enough programming.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: rickymouse
It isn't war that is the problem, it is the people who would start war to gain wealth or power that is the problem.

But this is my point exactly. Wars are started by people who lost track of what is truly precious in this world. And at the end, these wars become self-sustaining, they become like a feedback loop, and the biosphere as a whole (including mankind) is the ultimate victim.

Because they see our world as disposal. They think they are going to take to the stars and Terra form a new world.

Let's look at this dream. Not too deeply.

New planet. Uninhabited. Will live on the spaceship for a while until the cities are built.
Who is going to build the cities? With what? What is my incentive to work for you? I see familiar problems starting raise their ugly heads.

New planet. Inhabited. No problem. God led me to this planet. It is mine. I will just wipe them all out, enslave some, and rule the planet.

Sounds like a plan, though not one very likely to be doable.

When you poop where you eat and drink, your destiny is likely to be short lived.

I think our planet is becoming allergic to the parasitic vermin that has mutated on her beautiful body.

Our bodies attempt to destroy disease causing bacteria from our bodies with elevations in temperature, chills, shaking, vomiting, diarrhea.

Sound familiar?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

But alas, the world is composed of ignorant, preprogrammed, walking-talking sheep and can be swayed to do just about anything.....with enough programming.
Hitting the nail on the head. Who gave mankind shields and swords in the first place?

The "Programers" are "The True Enemy of Mankind"!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Why do people forget who perpetuates these ideas?

Who buys their children the toys that pretend that war and killing is a game. Who teaches their children that success is determined by the number of possessions you can call your own? Who lavishes their children with more "stuff" then they can play with in 60 seconds, and teaches them that things determine their value as a person?

We have embraced every evil that we describe in others. We have sacrificed our children to the Gods of commerce.

Yet you will want to kill me if I dare suggest that you love position, money and things more than your children.

Stop lying to yourself at least. You can lie to me but it is pointless. The future you give your child lies squarely on your shoulders. Use whatever excuses that work for you, but don't be blindsided by the truth.

Corporations rule your lives because you are addicted to the lie. They are pedophiles that have you by the short hairs because you believe their version of what a desirable life is supposed to look like. They keep you feeling less than and imperfect but always better than at least someone else somewhere in this world.

We are not stupid people. Many have awakened but continue to act if they are still asleep. Either wake up and be the change or go back to sleep. You will have an excuse and it is a lot less painful.

It doesn't take a lot. You can start by learning to say "no" to your children and actually taking the time to teach them about the messed up world we have made for them. Teach them about our mistakes. Show them a better way. Learn together. Buy only what you "need". Waste not. Want not. I don't care how much you have. I am not impressed if you paid a ridiculous price for something that does the same thing as an item that cost 99% less.

I do care about who you are and what you need. I am your neighbor, and as your neighbor I will help you in any way I can. I will protect your child as if it is my own. I will feed you from what I have. I can't help everyone in the entire world but I will do for as many as I can. Hopefully if enough of us make stone soup, everyone will get a cup.

We have a huge mess to clean up. It is not going to fix itself and talking and fighting about is not going to get the job done. One way or the other, by war or by choice, we are going to be starting from scratch. I think we have a better chance for our children if we get a headstart on this thing.

Just do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
War is a surface symptom. It is far from the problem.
War is a symptom of bad people. Bad people are far from the problem. Those are bumps in the epidermis.

Desire can lead to manipulation. Manipulation can lead to confusion. Confusion can lead to disputes. Disputes can lead to rifts. Rifts can lead to hatred. Hatred leads to war.

When an individual has a desire and has their mind set to accomplish it without regard for others, then that individual will manipulate all others to desire either the same thing that they desire, or usually, to invent some other desire for those around them. If the manipulation succeeds in some people, then there leads to the confusion as to why others are desiring some manufactured thing. The people argue with each other and disagree; thus, factions are formed. When factions are formed, the people of at least one faction will hate the others. When there is hatred, then war is inevitable.

The original individual who had a desire might not have been bad at the beginning. IT was the willingness to succumb to the desire that started the possible chain of events.

If you do not choose your desire over the love of other people, then you will not start wars. But if you choose your desire over the love of other people, then you have the potential to become a murderer.

Therefore, the cause of all problems in the world is disproportionate love of self over others.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Speak for yourself, im the closest thing to being "off the grid" without being "exclusively" off the grid. I don't lavish my children with wasteful things. I am connected to society yet self-sufficient. I hardly consider myself "blind sighted by truth". But I will accept your overly generalization.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I believe that we can all agree it is a good idea to stop chopping down the Amazonian forest.

Well said. We, as a species must change...Thinking about the Amazon basin, I just had an idea. I've never heard of such an idea but I'm not certain if it's been proposed before, either. I'm wondering, why doesn't the entire world pool together and buy the forest? The countries who geographically own the forest can use it in a sustainable manner. After the purchase, they split the proceeds between themselves, proportionately. Make it a world preserve. I know that would be a Herculean task but something has to happen, before it's too late. Just a thought.....

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I believe that we can all agree it is a good idea to stop chopping down the Amazonian forest.

Well said. We, as a species must change...Thinking about the Amazon basin, I just had an idea. I've never heard of such an idea but I'm not certain if it's been proposed before, either. I'm wondering, why doesn't the entire world pool together and buy the forest? The countries who geographically own the forest can use it in a sustainable manner. After the purchase, they split the proceeds between themselves, proportionately. Make it a world preserve. I know that would be a Herculean task but something has to happen, before it's too late. Just a thought.....

or why don't we find a way to stop those who think they own it in the first place? Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Speak for yourself, im the closest thing to being "off the grid" without being "exclusively" off the grid. I don't lavish my children with wasteful things. I am connected to society yet self-sufficient. I hardly consider myself "blind sighted by truth". But I will accept your overly generalization.

You are quite right. My intent was not to offend. If I offended you I hope you accept my apology.

I am at a disadvantage here, as I do not know any of you personally, therefore, I am not speaking to each of you directly.

For the sake of general conversation, speaking from a general place of being here in America, I have expressed my feelings. I do not claim to speak for anyone else, and if you feel I am wrong, I hope you are right.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

or why don't we find a way to stop those who think they own it in the first place?
a reply to: jessme2

Tell that to starving people of countries that DO own it. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

It is so much easier than that.

Do you know what your dollars support? Do you know which beast you are feeding?

Cut off their food supply.

Starve the beast.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
At the root, our true enemy is that we all tend to believe that we are separate, independent body-minds. Somehow we got indoctrinated into this belief, and yet it has absolutely no foundation in our actual reality.

As body-minds, we are completely dependent on the environment - we exist in a vast, limitless field of relatedness, not independent, whatsoever. Your opening post is clearly demonstrating this point.

This is completely obvious, that we are all in the same boat, we all participate here in relationship. And yet we tend to act only for ourselves, as though we are independent and our actions don't affect anyone else.

This tendency needs to be continually released and replaced by our constantly living in and as our actual reality - that we are utterly dependent on our environment, in relationship, not independent and merely separate entities. On that basis, the inherent morality of relatedness (our reality) will become more and more obvious and we will act together for the greater good.

This understanding can also unite people because there is no question that we are all in a vast participatory field of relatedness (unity), which when truly recognized and lived each day, releases much energy to the body-mind because it becomes whole again, not contracted upon itself in independent separation.

edit on 4/24/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Humans are not nasty aggressive animalistic beasts by nature.

The past of humanity is written in a river of bloodshed. This is the inheritance of the human form. The challenge of human civilization (if it is to survive), is described in the Eastern metaphor which uses the image of the lotus that although conceived in mud, grows through the water to the surface where it creates a platform whereupon it creates a multi petalled lotus which casts its perfume to the four winds. In this respect, the majority of humanity is still living in the mud, taking it for the ultimate and final reality.

Try substituting the word sheep in your statement with talking baboons, it will have far more accuracy. Sheep, although having a reputation for following the direction that the majority of the herd take do so out of fear and for protection from danger or predators. Sheep, though are actually peaceful herbivores. Baboons have the greatest similarity to humans in terms of their genetics, psychology, politics and behaviour.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join