It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush Supports NSA Spying Programs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well this might be one of the first things he takes a lot of heat for:

Source

Washington (CNN)If there's one thing Jeb Bush likes about President Barack Obama's presidency, it's the continuation of the NSA's controversial spying program.

Bush, the former Florida governor likely to jump into the 2016 GOP presidential race, on Tuesday called the NSA's bulk collection of phone and internet metadata --the "best part" of the Obama administration.

"I would say the best part of the Obama administration would be his continuance of the protections of the homeland using, you know, the big metadata programs, the NSA being enhanced," Bush said on the Michael Medved radio show on Tuesday. "Even though he never defends it, even though he never openly admits it, there has been a continuation of a very important service, which is the first obligation I think of our national government is to keep us safe."

So that's super interesting. Now it's a big vague and so I'm not sure he completely supports the program as is. But it certainly does lend credence to the idea that Jeb will just be a classic establishment Republican like his brother, and continue down the same path.

Thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

As long as a council on foreign relation dictates politics behind the scene, it matters not who the candidates are, history will simply repeat itself.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My thought is, if anyone is seriously considering Jeb or Hillary for our next prez, they need their voting rights removed!

This Country is in bad shape, we need real leadership, not more of the status quo.

Just say no, to Bush or Clinton. For the love of bacon, say no to either!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It's sickening to think that we, as US citizens, have become so complacent that not only do we allow our government to stomp on our individual liberties, but also have our elected (or soon-to-be) officials openly support such actions.

But I guess that's what we get for being so "knee-jerk" after 9/11.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Jeb Bush thinks about the Patriot Act during sex.

Color me surprised...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobbypurify
Jeb Bush thinks about the Patriot Act during sex.

Color me surprised...

Thought that is were the idea of the TSA came from

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So does Obama. Jeb actually praises Obama for continuing them and expanding them. So how can we (the voters) win?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That makes two Republicans I'm not voting for. Chris Christie and now Bush. Wait. Who am I kidding? I'm not going to vote for any Republican nor Democrat.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

WOW - and I say that because I was literally, no more than 10mins ago, reading about Rand Paul saying the polar-opposite, that the founding fathers would be mortified by the NSA's surveillance program

In 12 hours we have two potential POTUS candidates saying the opposite about the same thing.

I smell propaganda here - BIG TIME.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Jeb will just be a classic establishment Republican like his brother, and continue down the same path

You forgot to include like Obama and Hillary aswell.
edit on 06430America/ChicagoThu, 23 Apr 2015 09:06:34 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Jeb supports what he's told to by daddy...Just like his big brother.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It will make for interesting debate topics during the primaries that's for sure.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But I guess that's what we get for being so "knee-jerk" after 9/11.

That's it right there isn't it?

Traded freedom for supposed security and now, even close to 15 years later, people are still beating that dead horse.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The Voters can not win, as long as they think a simple vote will change anything,

Its time for war.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh I never doubted this for a microsecond. He is W's brother, after all and HW's son. This surveillance state apparatus has been under development and in progress for far longer than just since 9/11. HW Bush obviously knew all about it when he was president. It goes back a long way.

The thing about it (that some people don't fully appreciate) is it's a lot easier for someone like Obama to get away with quietly keeping this thing going. Why? Because the media isn't really against it. They're part of the system, after all. The media merely uses the negative image of a surveillance state to manipulate public opinion. So when someone like W Bush is doing it, the media is going to be all over it. Obama? Not so much. You still hear about it but it's more muted. They only report on what has already been leaked.

Anyway. The American people very obviously do not like Republicans like W Bush and that means any Republican who is doing these things is going to have to contend with the fundamental dislike the public has for them. Which just might be a good thing. Obama gets away with everything simply because he's a Democrat.

It is also very clear that we're stuck with this surveillance state no matter who is elected. It's too powerful and too useful for power hungry politicians to allow simple partisanship to get rid of it. They get this kind of power and they don't let go of it. It's done.
edit on 23-4-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised given who his father is , he's been brought up in that us and them " The Company" world.
They way I see it the US is in the same position as us in the UK , No choice just different faces.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why wouldn't he ? Daddy taught him well.............

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Why wouldn't he ? Daddy taught him well.............

Well you'd think, with the sour taste that GWB left in most people's mouths ( even conservatives) that he'd want to remove himself from that view, as soon as possible and as vigorously as possible.

Othewise, Hillary is just going to run campaign ads that show clips of Bush Jr circa 2004 with headlines like " SAME OLD FAMILY, SAME OLD POLITICS, SAME OLD FAILURES.

He can't really want to hand that much political ammunition to his opponents.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: jjkenobi

The Voters can not win, as long as they think a simple vote will change anything,

Its time for war.

Sad, but true...

This won't be fixed with votes- not unless someone already on top changes the voting system so it actually works.
Of course, if it worked, nobody on top would be there- so why would they change it?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Jeb supports what he's told to by daddy...Just like his big brother.

I thought "daddy" was pretty much in the oatmeal-eating, wheelchair-slobbering, part of his life. from the latest media encounters, he looks to be pretty much out of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join