It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't I recieve a message prompt telling Me someone did a reply to one of My posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Here is a copy of said Reply and the link to it:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:03 AM link quote reply a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks! Its nice to have them all in one place like that and I will watch them when I get some time.

LINK

I recieved No reply in my messages on this. It has happened a few time in the past already...
Hard telling how many I have not stumbled upon, such as this one!! Thanx. Syx.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Happens to me too. Alot.

Many times people reply to me but no notifications are sent to my box, so I don't know these people have replied to me (unless I happen to visit the threads in which people have replied to me).

ATS is an old ship, I guess it has its glitches.

edit on 23-4-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Guess your right, again My Friend! Nice to see ya!!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It's happened to me before, but it's rather infrequent. Like out of a day of replies, maybe 1 or them will not be get a reply in my reply inbox.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thanx. I did get the message on this one, and on Swanne's! Thanx for the reply, Syx.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Also, if you do reply to something before you check your inbox, it will dissapear.

And also, sometimes when you just click the links in your inbox for post replies, they get auto deleted.

I've had it happen a number of times, but since I write a lot of OP's and get tons of replies, I hardly notice anymore.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I cannot wait for a reply from the admin. The glitch is kind of annoying.

What I am really curious about is: what happens if I reply to someone, but copy/paste the reply function in another thread? All right, I'll test something now.

Edit:

Reply notification does not show when I reply to myself?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I know it's a bit off-topic (sorry, Mike! ) but I have a question. Any idea what happens if I click "reply" to someone in Thread A but copy/paste the information in Thread B instead? Will the reply notification to this someone link to Thread A, or Thread B?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The replies are linked via username in the quote tags plus post ID as far as I know.

So if you reply to post in Thread A, and copy the content to another thread (B), then theoretically, you should get two different reply notifications, or the member in question will. If you posted it in both places as opposed to just one.

You would not get a reply message from replying to yourself though, and I think that's by design.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I dont pay attention to the letter-highlighted alert. I just click the arrow, click messages, and 1st see any pm-U2Us....click the post replies....and they are always there if there are any.

Since 2010 Ive never had the issues descibed in this thread??????

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

But, how would you know if you've never known to look for the problem?

I've noticed this problem, too--it seems like one that should be easy to overcome.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
yea, it happens.

I go through my PM inbox from time to time to see if i have missed one like this. I think OpinionatedB had one do that earlier this week

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Cool, thanks for the info!

I wish I could star you...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I just meant every time I come here I look at my pm's...go next to it and click post replies....it always works. If there are any, they are there. I don't ever watch the little envelope to highlight up-alert me to any.

So, I just check 1st and last before leaving....don't pay any attention to the envelope lighting up. They are always there...(if there are any).

So as far as being told you have them, you are...when you open MESSAGES and look.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My point is that I always look to see if I have any replies, and like was mentioned by someone else, I happened to notice one day that there were multiple replies to which I did not have a message and link to them, so obviously there's an intermittent issue with that code on this site.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

As you suggest...apparently for some. Just not all. Good luck! Best MS

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ok so this has been happening to me a LOT more recently. I just authored a thread on Friday that has gone on for 13 pages and not a SINGLE response to any of my posts in that thread has sent me a message in my replies inbox.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I think it's happening more now, since the most recent ATS upgrade.

It's happened to me twice just in the last week.

It's a glitch that needs to be addressed ASAP.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The change over to the new server has created some little issues that as far as I can tell are buried deep within the code of ATS.

SO has been working pretty much non stop to resolve all these little problems, but needless to say it's a very time consuming process.

I'm sure he will update us all when most if not all of them are resolved.

~Tenth

top topics

join