It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Atheists Attack mainly Christians and Muslims but not Jews?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collateral
Because the last time Athiests attacked Jews, # got out of hand...

Are you talking about Hitler? In case you didn't know it he was Catholic and gave millions to the church.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Are you talking about Hitler? In case you didn't know it he was Catholic and gave millions to the church.

Yea dude they love pointing at hitler and saying he was an atheist. Mostly because of the anchient aliens, vril society stuff , even tho hitler wasn't a member. Makes for a cooler story that way :p!

Funny part is I promise Christians know hitler was one of them and are playing off the thought that you won't actually look into it...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yea dude they love pointing at hitler and saying he was an atheist. Mostly because of the anchient aliens, vril society stuff , even tho hitler wasn't a member. Makes for a cooler story that way :p!

Funny part is I promise Christians know hitler was one of them and are playing off the thought that you won't actually look into it...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Persecution of German Catholics[edit]
Main article: Nazi persecution of the Catholic Church in Germany
A threatening, initially sporadic, persecution of the Catholic Church in Germany followed the Nazi takeover.[90] The Nazis claimed jurisdiction over all collective and social activity, interfering with Catholic schooling, youth groups, workers' clubs and cultural societies.[13] "By the latter part of the decade of the Thirties", wrote Phayer, "church officials were well aware that the ultimate aim of Hitler and other Nazis was the total elimination of Catholicism and of the Christian religion. Since the vast majority of Germans were either Catholic or Protestant this goal was a long-term rather than short-term Nazi objective".[125] Hitler moved quickly to eliminate Political Catholicism. The Nazis arrested thousands of members of the German Centre Party.[28] The Catholic Bavarian People's Party government had been overthrown in Bavaria by a Nazi coup on 9 March 1933.[26] Two thousand functionaries of the Party were rounded up by police in late June. The national Centre Party, dissolved themselves in early July. The dissolution of the Centre Party left modern Germany without a Catholic Party for the first time [26] and the Reich Concordat prohibited clergy from participating in politics.[101] Kershaw wrote that the Vatican was anxious to reach agreement with the new government, despite "continuing molestation of Catholic clergy, and other outrages committed by Nazi radicals against the Church and its organisations".[109] Hitler had a "blatant disregard" for the Concordat, wrote Paul O'Shea, and its signing was to him merely a first step in the "gradual suppression of the Catholic Church in Germany".[126] Anton Gill wrote that "with his usual irresistable, bullying technique, Hitler proceeded to "take a mile where he had been given an inch" and closed all Catholic institutions whose functions weren't strictly religious:[127]

Long term plans
In January 1934, Hitler had appointed neo-pagan and anti-Catholic Alfred Rosenberg as the cultural and educational leader of the Reich.[46][63] In 1934, the Sanctum Officium in Rome recommended that Rosenberg's book be put on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum for scorning and rejecting "all dogmas of the Catholic Church, indeed the very fundamentals of the Christian religion".[164] During the War, Rosenberg outlined the future envisioned by the Hitler government for religion in Germany, with a thirty-point program for the future of the German churches. Among its articles: the National Reich Church of Germany was to claim exclusive control over all churches; publication of the Bible was to cease; crucifixes, Bibles and saints were to be removed from altars; and Mein Kampf was to be placed on altars as "to the German nation and therefore to God the most sacred book"; and the Christian Cross was to be removed from all churches and replaced with the swastika.[46]

Priests of Dachau[edit]
Main article: Priest Barracks of Dachau Concentration Camp
In an effort to counter the influence of spiritual resistance, Nazi security services monitored Catholic clergy closely. They instructed agents be placed in every diocese, the bishops' reports to the Vatican obtained and the bishops' areas of activity be found out. A "vast network" was established to monitor the activities of ordinary clergy: Nazi security agents wrote that "The importance of this enemy is such that inspectors of security police and of the security service will make this group of people and the questions discussed by them their special concern".[235] Priests were watched closely,frequently denounced, arrested and sent to concentration camps. Often, simply on the basis of being "suspected of activities hostile to the State". Or, there was reason to "suppose that his dealings might harm society".[132]Dachau was established in March 1933 as the first Nazi Concentration Camp. Chiefly a political camp, it was here that the Nazis established dedicated Clergy Barracks.[236][237] Of a total of 2,720 clergy recorded as imprisoned at Dachau, some 2,579 (or 94.88%) were Catholi

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

While wary of open conflict with the churches, Hitler generally permitted or encouraged anti-church radicals such as Himmler, Goebbels and Bormann to perpetrate their persecutions of the churches.[26] According to Evans, by 1939, 95% of Germans still called themselves Protestant or Catholic, with 3.5% 'Deist' (gottgläubig) and 1.5% atheist - most in these latter categories being "convinced Nazis who had left their Church at the behest of the Party, which had been trying since the mid-1930s to reduce the influence of Christianity in society".[27]

Kershaw wrote that few people could really claim to "know" Hitler, who was "a very private, even secretive individual".[32] Hitler's Table Talk has him often voicing stridently negative views of Christianity, in which Hitler said: "The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity."[33] Bullock wrote that Hitler was a rationalist and materialist who saw Christianity as a religion "fit for slaves" and against the natural law of selection and survival of the fittest.[34]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
The one thing that I have noticed is that I have yet to see atheist threads debunking Judaism and the credibility of their beliefs.

Simple answer?
Because the Jewish community doesn't spend their time attempting to inflict their beliefs and notions of morality onto the society around them.

There is no Jewish group campaigning against LGBT rights that I know of, there are no Jewish businesses refusing to serve other people based on their personal bigotries, there are no intolerant Jewish politicians in our countries ranting about LGBT people, or people of other faiths, there are no Jewish groups in our nations attempting to inflict their religion on kids in schools, or trying to claim ownership of marriage, or campaigning against pride parades, or ranting on Faux News, or...

If they ever did, they would be confronted in exactly the same way as the radical Christians and Muslims.

Perhaps this is evidence, if any were needed, that people would be better keeping their religion to themselves and stop trying to infect the society around them with their authoritarian madness, then maybe these people wouldn't be constantly told to shove their beliefs up their rectum?
edit on 8-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
IF the Nazi Party wanted to re-establish the ascendancy of the Norse gods ...

... then they weren't "atheists."

(Just sayin')

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Let's see:

ATHEISM: Preference for rationality, scientific evidence, observable facts.

RELIGIOUS BELIEF: Preference for irrationality, traditional mythology, invisible elements of faith.

Yeah, no difference at all there.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's see:

RELIGIOUS BELIEF: Preference for irrationality, traditional mythology, invisible elements of faith.

And yet the Nazi Party went out of their way to seperate Religion from State. Seems that they were a lot more closely aligned with Atheism than anything else, as a party.

Individuals would of had their own beliefs, but that doesn't mean it influenced party policy,

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's see:

And yet the Nazi Party went out of their way to seperate Religion from State. Seems that they were a lot more closely aligned with Atheism than anything else, as a party.

Individuals would of had their own beliefs, but that doesn't mean it influenced party policy,

Oh gosh... seriously?

Another "nazi's were all atheists!" garbage. It's bad enough you guys have so many misconceptions about science, but you can't deny history. Perhaps you should do a bit of research...

In a speech made during the negotiations for the Nazi-Vatican Concordant of 1933, Hitler argued against secular schools, stating: "Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith."

Helmreich, Ernst (1979). The German Churches Under Hitler. Detroit: Wayne State University Press. p. 241.

EDIT: Come to think of it. when Hitler stated: "a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith." it sounds a lot like a lot of the nonsense many faithful ATS members spout ALL THE TIME. A bit Hitler/Nazi inspired are you?
edit on 8/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Why dont you have a bex and lay down for a bit?

Read above for the posted information about Hitler and the Nazi party attacks on the Catholic Church in the build up to WW2.

I dont think that I have said that the Nazi's "were all athiests" as you put it (made up), but I did state that the Nazi Parties actions were largely Athiest as an organisation, trying to break down and separate religion from state.

Hitlers comments on God & religion are generally unreliable, as it is believed that he would of been trying to appease the majority Christian population in his ascent to power. His actions once in power; show what his beliefs really were.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Also:

According to a U.S. Office of Strategic Services report, "The Nazi Master Plan", Hitler planned to destroy the influence of Christian churches within the Reich.[376][377] His eventual goal was the total elimination of Christianity.[378] This goal informed Hitler's movement very early on, but he saw it as inexpedient to express this extreme position publicly.[379] According to Bullock, Hitler wanted to wait until after the war before executing this plan.[380]

Speer wrote that Hitler had a negative view of Himmler's and Alfred Rosenberg's mystical notions and Himmler's attempt to mythologise the SS. Hitler was more pragmatic, and his ambitions centred on more practical concerns.[381][382][quote]

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Collateral

Just curious, where is that quote from?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Sorry, forgot to add the link.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I find it amusing how people on these forums are so quick to speak down to you, yet when you prove them wrong, they don't even have the decency to admit it.

I guess avoiding threads is easier than saying..."You are correct."
edit on 10-8-2015 by Collateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I find it amusing how people on these forums are so quick to speak down to you, yet when you prove them wrong, they don't even have the decency to admit it.

In case you haven't noticed, ignoring counter points is a the primary form of debate for creationists on here. They will never ever ever admit they were wrong about anything, yet keep posting lie after lie.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
it's really simple, Jewish people accept others based on their character and their actions, not on their religious beliefs.

and I might add.....they do not kill abortion doctors, or suicide themselves on Iranian school buses

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

In case you haven't noticed, ignoring counter points is a the primary form of debate for creationists on here. They will never ever ever admit they were wrong about anything, yet keep posting lie after lie.

I think most people treat ATS as a sort of fantasy forum, where they can avoid facts with like minded people...hence why they prefer not to engage with people who want to argue topics on its actual merits.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

it's really simple, Jewish people accept others based on their character and their actions, not on their religious beliefs.

and I might add.....they do not kill abortion doctors, or suicide themselves on Iranian school buses

I think the Palestinians might disagree with you...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

What the hell? I'm as non-Jewish as you can get and I have never met a Jew who goes to any length at all to keep to themselves. Maybe it's an east coast thing? I dunno. Where I come from, Jews mix with the rest of us just fine, and they don't seem the least bit bitter about it.

I am dating and living with a Jewish woman in her 40's who thinks her religious stories are just as silly as the rest of them. A non-religious, non-practicing Jew. Surprise! Most are. Same as Christians, actually.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join