It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students in PA High School dress in flannel; pin Bible verses to students lockers for Anti-Gay Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Future events are scheduled for next week to protest LGBT students. Some LGBT students protested the next day with Silent Day, by not talking. Future Anti-Gay Day have a hit list of LGBT students and supporters to attack next week.

A Pennsylvania high school is attracting national media attention for all the wrong reasons after a group of students organized a so-called Anti-Gay Day protest, with future events scheduled.

The organizers of the homophobic protest at McGuffey High School in Washington County encouraged anyone who shared their bigoted stance to show support by wearing a flannel shirt to school and writing 'Anti-Gay' on their hands.

The event was held last Thursday and students report that openly gay pupils also had Bible verses pined to their lockers and were physically bullied by the so-called protesters.

'It hurts me to see how rude and cruel, and some of these people were my friends before this started,' Zoe Johnson told WPXI.

I live about half hour from this area. This crap needs to stop. It's sickening, and what's worse is obviously the school allowed this to happen. They never stepped in to stop it. I think I'm going to be ill. And the fact that these idiots are planning another dang bout of this, not just the clothes or the verses, but the physicality of it!?! No!!! If you click on the School name, it will take you to the administration link where you can complain about this practice in the hopes they shut this down before next week's 2nd Anti-Gay Day. No one should be bullied just for being who they are.

I'd also like to mention, as a Christian, it bothers me to see the Bible being twisted to suit one's purpose. Also, I thought church and state were supposed to be separate, so why are the verses allowed to be on school property, when on a regular occasion, they are not? Just a thought. I bet if it was someone proselyting, the school would probably say no, but for this, it's being allowed?

edit on 4/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

They have every right to do it out side of school grounds. Don't think this should fly on the school premise.
Eta: I'll say the same about the day of silence the day before.

Wonder if they are quoting old testament on the lockers.
edit on stTue, 21 Apr 2015 03:22:09 -0500America/Chicago420150980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What's with the flannel? Being mentally challenged, backwards-thinking bigots doesn't get them enough attention? They have to go out of their way to show that their sense of fashion is 20 years out of date, now, too?

People always have, and always will act like fools in the name of religion. Nothing's going to change that. When they pull stunts like these, though, they're obviously seeking attention, and guess what, they got it. It made the news, now it's Herr on ATS, and I'm sure the story will be picked up elsewhere after this as well. The best way of dealing with this sort of thing, is to discipline them at school, since this has no place there, then ignore them, and eventually most of them will disappear or keep their bigotry to themselves. The same thing applies to the LBGT idiots. Deprive them of the attention they're trying to get, and they'll disappear.

If everyone would just live their own damn lives, their own way, without having to announce their sexual orientation with every breath and without trying to force their backwards beliefs on each other, there wouldn't really be any issues....

edit on 4/21/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
What's with the flannel? Being mentally challenged, backwards-thinking bigots doesn't get them enough attention? They have to go out of their way to show that their sense of fashion is 20 years out of date, now, too?

There's typically 3 bars and 3 churches on any given block in any given town in Pennsylvania. Drunken religious fanatics surprise you?

All we got is guns, beer, churches and NASCAR. What do you want from us?
edit on 21-4-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

The students have every right to show their support for a cause, whether it be gay or anti-gay. That said they don't have a right to harass other students or deface property by putting the bible verses on lockers. Now if they want to stand on the corner during their lunch break and hand them out, that's on them. As far as separation of church and state, that has nothing to do with this. Seperation of church and state is the state using the church to punish you for non conformance, that's not the same as private citizens doing it. That said, if someone was putting bible verses on my child's locker, I'd be giving my child new bible verses to put up about hypocracy and Pharisees and how those people shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Additionally if through in how Jesus ate with whores, murderers and thieves, and yes even homosexuals, and how he brought them to fwith through love and compassion, not by beating them over the head with the Torah.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
And this is why 'protecting religious freedoms' and discrimination, are the same thing.

Because time after time, whenever these groups attempt to support themselves and their right to believe what they want, they always end up harassing, belittling and bullying other group who is apparently 'taking away their freedom'.

Sad that so many people, and children no less, were influenced by bigots and false teachers of Christianity, that this sort of thing is OK.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

There's typically 3 bars and 3 churches on any given block in any given town in Pennsylvania. Drunken religious fanatics surprise you?

All we got is guns, beer, churches and NASCAR. What do you want from us?

LOL. Oh yes and all the gay bars are over there around the Episcopalian church, pet stores and flower shops. East end boys and west end girls.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

They have every right to do it out side of school grounds. Don't think this should fly on the school premise.
Eta: I'll say the same about the day of silence the day before.

Wonder if they are quoting old testament on the lockers.

Neither link mention what specific verses were said, no who knows. And supposedly there are 5 more days of this mess planned according to the WPXI article. The admin's way of dealing with it is to tell the kids to "ignore it and wear school colors". Oh yeah, that will solve physical violence. That's the same crap I was told in high school when I was shoved down a flight of stairs, shoved into lockers, punched in the face when the teacher wasn't looking, you name it. Admin doesn't like to deal with crap so they either put it on the kid being bullied or they ignore the situation in the hopes it goes away on it's own.

Edit to add: the Day of Silence I have no problem with. The students were not physical, all they did was wear black with a rainbow on their cheek, and not speak, how that harmed anyone, I have no clue. The "anti-gay day" shoved students, put up homophobic posters, Bible verses on lockers, wore flannel. If they just wore flannel, fine, whatever, but they decided to take it a step further into harassment. Physical and otherwise. The silent students did not.

edit on 4/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

People always have, and always will act like fools in the name of religion. Nothing's going to change that. When they pull stunts like these, though, they're obviously seeking attention, and guess what, they got it. It made the news, now it's Herr on ATS, and I'm sure the story will be picked up elsewhere after this as well. The best way of dealing with this sort of thing, is to discipline them at school, since this has no place there, then ignore them, and eventually most of them will disappear or keep their bigotry to themselves. The same thing applies to the LBGT idiots. Deprive them of the attention they're trying to get, and they'll disappear.

If everyone would just live their own damn lives, their own way, without having to announce their sexual orientation with every breath and without trying to force their backwards beliefs on each other, there wouldn't really be any issues....

Some of the LGBT "idiots", were just kids showing support for the cause and were not necessarily LGBT. As for the flannel heads, they turned it into assault, to truthfully it should be handled by the police department and now these flannel headed idiots have a hit list for this coming week of kids to go after. So there's that. And if you think the school will really do something about it, well, there's a bucket full of dreams over there in a corner for ya. Schools claim to be bully free, what they are is ignore it until it goes away free.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Some of the LGBT "idiots", were just kids showing support for the cause and were not necessarily LGBT. As for the flannel heads, they turned it into assault, to truthfully it should be handled by the police department and now these flannel headed idiots have a hit list for this coming week of kids to go after. So there's that. And if you think the school will really do something about it, well, there's a bucket full of dreams over there in a corner for ya. Schools claim to be bully free, what they are is ignore it until it goes away free.

I didn't mean that they're all idiots, by any means, but regardless of what their sexual orientation is or what their means of "protest" is, they're not helping the situation. They're certainly not as much of a problem as the students who are resorting to physical violence, but by publicly displaying their "side" of the issue (with rainbows on their cheeks or whatever), they're still encouraging the us vs. them mentality that does lead to bigger problems. As for the school handling it properly, of course I don't think they will. If they were going to, then the police would have already been called in. I still think (and hope) that they would take care of it in a proper manner, but I know how things work in reality.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I say hooray for them! Kids who can think for themselves and are sick of getting the gay agenda thrust in their faces and rammed down their throats. Kids who aren't mindless robots just accepting what society tries to spoon feed them.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sowing the seeds of deep division from an early age now.

Sick world, sad sick world, with little hope for the future if this is the way.

Reeks of control, get them addicted to the emotional high of "being an a-hole" just like we see on the net.. now it's in your schools....

WHEN DOES IT END?

ADD: There are no *sides* only Humans.
Humans causing misery to other Humans over some imaginary "group" they belong to.. it's childish, it's Pre-historic..
and it's a control mechanism that keeps you a slave to your *side*.

We are ALL human, We only have ONE planet... *sides*... needs to end.
It's time to grow up.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
show support by wearing a flannel shirt to school and writing 'Anti-Gay' on their hands.

Wow, I hate to think what's next!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I say hooray for them! Kids who can think for themselves and are sick of getting the gay agenda thrust in their faces and rammed down their throats. Kids who aren't mindless robots just accepting what society tries to spoon feed them.

Hooray for violence? Oh yeah, it's just awesome! Ugh! I won't continue, I don't want to violate T&C!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
Sowing the seeds of deep division from an early age now.

Sick world, sad sick world, with little hope for the future if this is the way.

Reeks of control, get them addicted to the emotional high of "being an a-hole" just like we see on the net.. now it's in your schools....

WHEN DOES IT END?

Sadly it doesn't. You'll see them years from now being in the workplace as arse holes and being congratulated for cheating their way to get ahead.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

That is my point also, I am glad your bring it on, no matter what, this can be seen as percussion and harassment.

Even if is behind the banner of religious freedom.

Stepping into another person believes and way of life is intruding into that other person space.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

i agree with you about people thinking for themselves, but I'd hope that someone who can think critically would realize that a gay person is another human being and should be treated as such.

The protestors should protest the "agenda purveyors", not the lgbt students.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Actually,

It's more than likely, that this was all done by adults, influencing kids.

Nobody is born a bigot, or intolerant. Study after study show that children, until told otherwise, hold no bad feelings about LGBT, different races, cultures etc.

Only by exposing them to bigotry and intolerance, from the perspective of adults and society at large, do they end up becoming this way.

As for the Gay Agenda? I covered it, quite facetiously, a number of years go.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
show support by wearing a flannel shirt to school and writing 'Anti-Gay' on their hands.

Wow, I hate to think what's next!

All the symbolism is getting more than ridiculous. So now a flannel shirt signifies "anti-gay"?
Ugh. So what if it's a woman wearing flannel, like in the cold winter weather, or as an outdoor work shirt? Is she "anti-gay" or would she be labeled a dyke? All the friggin labels..
What if a person wears a flannel shirt with a rainbow coloured scarf? Flannel doesn't have to be plaid. I realize bad fashion, yes, apparently Canadians do bad fashion really well, but still.....they're so comfy and warm for our six month winters.

These idiot kids are not "thinking for themselves", they've just jumped on the bandwagon of divide divide divide

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Double
edit on 21-4-2015 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join