It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol but he did do it, everyone knows about jesus christ.
however you say he did it he did

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

At the end of the day we will all see, we is gonna die, then complain, if you right then its my bad but i doubt it,
all tho you get on my nerves i want you saved to.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Uh... Jesus Christ revealed himself in the Middle East. How many people in North America knew about Jesus Christ in 30 AD? Not to mention we aren't sure that Jesus Christ even existed. There is no contemporaneous evidence of his existence. And we CERTAINLY know that the Biblical Jesus couldn't have existed.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That,s why its called faith. bless
your choice its up to anyone what they think ok.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Who says he never existed show me proof. he is

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I know why it's called faith; every religious person I debate with on these forums doesn't hesitate to tell me why it's called faith. But faith isn't good enough for the critical thinkers. We want evidence. We want consistency. We want things to align historically and geologically. There are plenty of contradictions and problems with the religious account and any critical thinking that applies said critical thinking to the religions can see them rather easily. The more you look at them, the more you find too.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

North america back then, christianity founded the western world.there was no north america the english made it so.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17

Who says he never existed show me proof. he is

There are several threads debating this topic already, so I'm not going to derail this thread talking about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Christian values founded in north america like the rest of the west.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

North america back then, christianity founded the western world.there was no north america the english made it so.

What? Are you high? North America existed AND was VERY populated WELL before the Christians arrived in 1492. Heck, the Christians weren't even the first to arrive there. We know that the Vikings visited there and there is mounting evidence that Ancient Egypt and Ancient China may have visited there as well.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Christian values founded in north america like the rest of the west.

Christian values were pushed onto the Native population by conquerors and slave traders. Try again.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ok what about personal human testimony, see no one will accept that but they accept all this ufo rubbish, they both and all a spiritual thing no one will see that cause of peaple in a certain state of mind.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

And im that person. by the way.so im a lier.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What is religion doing rituals,im sure that is fine but truth faith in God does not need a church its about whats in the man. mankind is the church.; not some building or ritual that the romans made up.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That might be true but the fact is God is with the person who ever it maybe

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How lets say God talked to a certain person one man like abraham,moses who ever my spellng is bad but we dont or cannot say it never happened.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hell. I don't believe it's eternal punishment and torture.

Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Mathew 10:28

First death body. Second death soul.

The punishment is eternal in the sense you have no hope of salvation because you have been utterly destroyed.

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power. 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

Destruction that is everlasting. Not everlasting torment. That wouldn't be destruction. Once something is destroyed it's gone forever. Or as scripture puts it, eternal.

The LORD preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy. Psalm 145:20

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Wouldn't everlasting existence in Hell still count as... eternal life? Obviously it would be far less enjoyable but still.. eternal. Yet that's not consistent with "the wages of sin is death" is it?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

"perish" a.k.a. destroy both soul and body in hell.
"eternal life" a.k.a. heaven everlasting.

Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it, but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Mathew 7:13-14

"leads to destruction" e.g. of the body and soul.
"road that leads to life" e.g. eternal life

We are so persuaded of our position, and so confident in the Scriptural evidence presented on this site, that we honestly do not believe that anyone who shares our faith in the final authority of Scripture will be able to cling to endless torment after reading this entire site and the links.

LINK

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I saw angels and demons so does that make me crazy even tho i know the truth. see same thing and i saw what i saw.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

i am going through that little gate i mean wouldnt you

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Or just ignore it all and live life crack on live up enjoy it makes me think what about you

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join