It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's - Why do we assume Aliens when Human Origin is more plausible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Sounds way too much like Nazi propaganda. Considering the demographic most drawn to UFO conventions it doesn't surprise me stuff with a heavy Nazi propaganda feel permeate the UFO crowd: ie "What if the Nazis were behind the flying saucers? What if they didn't really lose the war", "beautiful blond haired, blue eyed 'good' aliens" etc, etc.....

It all sounds too much like a neo-Nazi propaganda movement within the context of esoterica. (which is hardly surprising).

I can appreciate how it could be viewed that way.

But i feel the majority making the leap of imagination and musing that 'Perhaps the Nazi's were experimenting with XYZ', are not glamorising the filth that was the Nazi's, but more along the lines of highlighting the research into potentially exotic propulsion and space vehicles, that was initiated by their R&D.

The fact that during war they could get away with pretty much anything they wanted to, slavery, grabbing resources, no oversight, and all the rest of the 'benefits' war would bring to such a research project, is about recognising the ease of accessibility and luxury of autonomy that they would have had during their research.

This is very different from holding a neo-Nazi POV or somehow being pro-Nazi propaganda. Not that there isn't any pro propaganda for that ideology, as there patently is in certain circles, but i don't think the Nazi UFO research 'crowd' are generally among them.

Besides, the US grabbed much of the technology and those researching it in the latter stages of WW2...a lot of them, as you and most people here know, ended up helping to form Nasa and working towards Apollo...publicly at least. Privately, i'd imagine there were as many, if not more, Nazi researchers working on black or clandestine project for the US...in all probability, a continuation of their previous propulsion research.

A question: What is the demographic you mention from your post, that you say is attracted to the UFO subject then?

Do you think only a certain type of people have an interest in the subject?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: Rocker2013
There were hundreds of sightings of these flying disc shaped craft reported in the 1920s.

So, that's that.

Source?

The Hydra monthly newsletter. You don't have a subscription?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CollisioN
Good points, which is why I consider all sightings of the 20th century + to be nothing more than human technology, no matter if more advanced. I am kind of seeing no reason to think a single case of UFOs is not man or natural related ! And yes name it Rendlesham, Phoenix lights and whichever big event - still human tech is plausible.

Obviously I agree, the timing and the increase of these sightings correlates perfectly to these being man made craft. We have a wealth of evidence to show the correlation, and this is why I am inclined to make that connection, far more so than any notion of alien visitation.

originally posted by: CollisioN
However, I think if some of what ancient books and records have described - meeting with advanced beings, they would have to be outwordly as there was no advanced technology in our known ancient times. Ofc if Atlanteans did exist, there is your advanced high tech civilization but the point is, the Ancient Times and prior to them - one should be open-minded that this is also an option. This is where I hit a rock with skeptics - being certain there is no such option...

I think it's also very important to remember that the only groups of people who make these claims are already biased in their thinking. They also ignore the reality that the majority of this information is entirely lost. What someone claims is evidence of visitation from a few thousand years ago is actually nothing more than their translation of a historically recorded moment.

For instance, I was fascinated by the story of Quetzalcoatl, but rather than believe that this is about alien visitation, there is more evidence to suggest this is a story about a deity, and we know this was a people who believed in Gods and worshiped various figures throughout their history and society. The biased have picked out one character to support their notions of alien visitation, while ignoring the context because it doesn't suit their narrative.

All of these historical references are based on thousands of years of Human hearsay, modernized to suit a particular narrative. The "otherworldly stranger" talked about in ancient texts could just as well have been a traveler from another region arriving in their cultural garb. The images depicting chariots from the sky could just as well have been a legend of meteor strikes or the sighting of planets misidentified as being Gods. There are a million and one possible explanations for these things, and claiming "Alien visitation" is the simplistic way of supporting an otherwise unfounded belief.

There is no way to possibly know what a thousand year-old image actually means, unless more supporting evidence is revealed. But, there is more reason to believe that historical references commonly used by those who want do desperately to believe are actually fake, or distorted translations of historical reality, or biased versions of the truth taken entirely out of context.

For example, does anyone believe the Sphinx is the depiction of an Alien life form? Why not? That claim would have just as much validity as any of the other supposed "proof" of alien visitation in ancient times.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The OP's theory falls apart for a dozen reasons, but one will do:

There were hundreds of sightings of these flying disc shaped craft reported in the 1920s.

So, that's that.

Unless you're saying that Nazis who didn't exist yet created these vehicles at the same time as the Red Baron's tri-wing Fokker?

Can you offer proof of all these sightings and reports? I would love to see some of these.
I don't believe they exist outside of the UFO world though. Or at least, I have yet to see any evidence of them.
The ones I have seen can be easily dismissed as photographic anomalies or simply hoaxes. Unless there is some evidence to support those claims then they would have to be dismissed.

I would appreciate seeing news reports of UFO's from back then, but I have a feeling that of the one or two which might be able to be found will have been "reproduced" by UFO theorists to support their claims rather than come from the actual source.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

So, that's that.

Unless you're saying that Nazis who didn't exist yet created these vehicles at the same time as the Red Baron's tri-wing Fokker?

Can you offer proof of all these sightings and reports? I would love to see some of these.
I don't believe they exist outside of the UFO world though. Or at least, I have yet to see any evidence of them.
The ones I have seen can be easily dismissed as photographic anomalies or simply hoaxes. Unless there is some evidence to support those claims then they would have to be dismissed.

I would appreciate seeing news reports of UFO's from back then, but I have a feeling that of the one or two which might be able to be found will have been "reproduced" by UFO theorists to support their claims rather than come from the actual source.

In response to this line of reasoning I would refer you to "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs, where historical sightings are noted. Richard Dolan has probably covered this in his "UFO's And The National Security State" series. I could be wrong about Dolan having written on this, as I've only heard him lecture and haven't read any of his books yet. Both of these authors are pretty good about citing their sources, and I know Jim's book did a pretty good job of cutting through the crap in ufology, in my opinion.

They are ufologists, however, so by your defenition, their work should be summarily thrown out as it has been tainted by the foulness of ufology. I would try to research the topic for you but by doing so I would become a ufologist and as such my research would not be acceptable to you. Damn this box you made, errr, it's too small, puff, I just can't fit in it...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

So, that's that.

In response to this line of reasoning I would refer you to "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs, where historical sightings are noted. Richard Dolan has probably covered this in his "UFO's And The National Security State" series. I could be wrong about Dolan having written on this, as I've only heard him lecture and haven't read any of his books yet. Both of these authors are pretty good about citing their sources, and I know Jim's book did a pretty good job of cutting through the crap in ufology, in my opinion.

They are ufologists, however, so by your defenition, their work should be summarily thrown out as it has been tainted by the foulness of ufology. I would try to research the topic for you but by doing so I would become a ufologist and as such my research would not be acceptable to you. Damn this box you made, errr, it's too small, puff, I just can't fit in it...

One camp has belief with no testable proof
One camp has belief because no testable proof

And a good portion I suspect in camp ET reject religion yet its OK for them to have the same amount of verified evidence (none). If that standard is good enough for camp ET then they should all be devout Christians, Muslims, Jews etc no?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I don't know how close of a look you've given the "ancient aliens" theory, but I've done a good bit of reading on it and I think there is something to the notion that there is this enigma in our ancient history. The world historical record practically screams it, when viewed in its totality.

Sitchin did a good job of highlighting it in his "Earth Chronicles" series. It's too bad he lost so many people with the first installment in that series, "The 12th Planet", because he literally catalogues the world's ancient history in that series, highlighting many of its enigmatic aspects. People may scoff, but I will not, having given him a good long look.

"The Fingerprints Of The Gods", by Graham Hancock, was another well written book highlighting many of the enigmatic aspects of our world's history and archaeology. The Bible is another one of my favorite sources for wtf? type aspects of our mythologies. Like that poisonous serpent from the sky thing...what was the deal with that whole debacle?

I don't want to branch into some ancient aliens type debate, I just thought I should disagree with you long enough to say that I can't dismiss it as happenstance or mundane explanations so easily as you. As to what that enigma is or was, I don't know.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I don't know how close of a look you've given the "ancient aliens" theory, but I've done a good bit of reading on it and I think there is something to the notion that there is this enigma in our ancient history. The world historical record practically screams it, when viewed in its totality.

Sitchin did a good job of highlighting it in his "Earth Chronicles" series. It's too bad he lost so many people with the first installment in that series, "The 12th Planet", because he literally catalogues the world's ancient history in that series, highlighting many of its enigmatic aspects. People may scoff, but I will not, having given him a good long look.

"The Fingerprints Of The Gods", by Graham Hancock, was another well written book highlighting many of the enigmatic aspects of our world's history and archaeology. The Bible is another one of my favorite sources for wtf? type aspects of our mythologies. Like that poisonous serpent from the sky thing...what was the deal with that whole debacle?

I don't want to branch into some ancient aliens type debate, I just thought I should disagree with you long enough to say that I can't dismiss it as happenstance or mundane explanations so easily as you. As to what that enigma is or was, I don't know.

Where did the " proof" in these books come from? Peoples' recollections of events in which they didn't understand an occurrence and did their best to describe it and then our best translation of that already muddied account? Then they hypothesize to fill in the gaps and then try and group all these things on one plate to prove their preconceived conclusion.
I just don't understand how you people buy this stuff, don't think I want to know.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

So, that's that.

And a good portion I suspect in camp ET reject religion yet its OK for them to have the same amount of verified evidence (none). If that standard is good enough for camp ET then they should all be devout Christians, Muslims, Jews etc no?

How, exactly, would you suggest that I go about gathering evidence from a reported ufo sighting that occurred near to or more than a hundred years ago?

Marrs and Dolan would be pretty likely to have carefully referenced their sources, so they might be a good place to start for anyone hoping to find original source material for these types of sightings.

I'm sorry that I don't have any memory metal samples to send you, but I'm not really sure what that has to do with the discussion. If you want to believe that these UFO's people have been seeing throughout history were all swamp gas or something, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Show me proof that the sighting reported to MUFON last month was a bonafide one. It has been documented, and that's about as far as it goes. The same with the older sightings. Stories are all we have. You can call it a fabrication or accept it as someone's observation, hallucination, or practical joke, as you prefer. It's not my job to tell you what to think.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So, that's that.

How, exactly, would you suggest that I go about gathering evidence from a reported ufo sighting that occurred near to or more than a hundred years ago?

Marrs and Dolan would be pretty likely to have carefully referenced their sources, so they might be a good place to start for anyone hoping to find original source material for these types of sightings.

I'm sorry that I don't have any memory metal samples to send you, but I'm not really sure what that has to do with the discussion. If you want to believe that these UFO's people have been seeing throughout history were all swamp gas or something, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Show me proof that the sighting reported to MUFON last month was a bonafide one. It has been documented, and that's about as far as it goes. The same with the older sightings. Stories are all we have. You can call it a fabrication or accept it as someone's observation, hallucination, or practical joke, as you prefer. It's not my job to tell you what to think.

It appears that I'm the only one "thinking" in all this.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Where did the " proof" in these books come from? Peoples' recollections of events in which they didn't understand an occurrence and did their best to describe it and then our best translation of that already muddied account? Then they hypothesize to fill in the gaps and then try and group all these things on one plate to prove their preconceived conclusion.
I just don't understand how you people buy this stuff, don't think I want to know.

The proof you seek is in the ancient monuments themselves. There are monuments in existence that still defy explanation to this day. Take a closer look with an open mind if you care to be enlightened. As I said in my last post, it's not my job to tell you what to think, and I don't expect that I can convince you of much of anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If so, then the world's most prominent and respected historians are deaf and blind.

edit on 22-4-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The proof you seek is in the ancient monuments themselves. There are monuments in existence that still defy explanation to this day. Take a closer look with an open mind if you care to be enlightened. As I said in my last post, it's not my job to tell you what to think, and I don't expect that I can convince you of much of anything.

Just st because you can't explain it we automatically jump to the answer being something unfounded. Damn bro, why are you willing to dive head first into such a shallow pool? Why is your burden of proof so low, nay I say NO burden. Why would you set such a low bar for yourself and allow these morons to influence any part of your life?? You only get one walk down the road, don't let the piper be your guide.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

First response to your original post, I want to defend your possible Nazi UFO connection. There is journalism on this possibility. Joseph P. Farrell wrote a couple books on it. Whether you believe some of the wilder claims of this folk myth or not, it is historical fact that the Nazi regime made a successful strategic withdrawal from the European Theatre, complete with equipment, manpower, and finances. The Inspector General tasked with tracking the 750 or so shell corporations created by the Nazi regime was quoted as saying that most of them had so diversified that they could never be successfully tracked down(paraphrased). They executed several hundred scientists on the way out, too. Took some with them as well, if I remember correctly. If the bell did exist, they got out with it, or we got it and snuck it into the basement.

I'd tend to agree that some of our ufotech might have come from recovered Nazi technology. Whether right then or later I'm not so sure, as the regime seemed to cover their tracks fairly well on the way out. Sure we got some rocket guys, but rockets are somewhat mundane compared to what we're considering. They executed several hundred of their scientists on the way out, and not just the peons. We might have acquired it later than right at the end of the war, or perhaps even before through a chance encounter or shootdown.

I guess I'd tend to disagree with you on the exclusivity of it, though. More on that in the next post.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

And it has been implicated in at least one UFO sighting in Brazil: www.adguk-blog.com...

Photo from this thread.

That's definitely light powered BUT is an internal reflection/flare on a lens nothing more.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Nice pic, but not the same thing. Jades pic has no source beam as your does. I get your point none the less.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Obviously I agree, the timing and the increase of these sightings correlates perfectly to these being man made craft. We have a wealth of evidence to show the correlation, and this is why I am inclined to make that connection, far more so than any notion of alien visitation.

So how does your 'man made' theory explain the wealth of evidence available to research (most of it available online) that shows UFO's have been around and seen by people throughout the historical record, obviously before Human flight had even been dreamt of?

The earliest UFO sightings were reported by Roman historians Livy, Orosius, Seneca, Plutarch, Pliny, and Josephus. The ancient sightings have been classified by a NASA scientist according to the standard UFO categories devised by astronomer J.A. Hynek (1972): Close Encounters of the First (no physical evidence), Second (physical traces), and Third Kinds (occupants observed).

www.wondersandmarvels.com...

Short answer is, even accepting that just as today's UFO sightings can be a case of mistaken identity, so must some of these ancient sightings be similar mistakes due perhaps to superstitions, misidentified natural aerial phenomena such as meteors and so on, these cases go back, on the record, for literally 1000's of years.

Throws the 'UFO's are man-made' out of the window however you look at it, unless you look at it as the UFO's are actually rediscovered high technology from a previous, now long gone, Human technological epoch or thousands of future Human time travellers taking their holidays in Earth's remote past...then they could be thought of as man-made i guess, but short of that...these are not Human machines and certainly not before the advent of Human flight.

edit on 22-4-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

So how does your 'man made' theory explain the wealth of evidence available to research (most of it available online) that shows UFO's have been around and seen by people throughout the historical record, obviously before Human flight had even been dreamt of?

The earliest UFO sightings were reported by Roman historians Livy, Orosius, Seneca, Plutarch, Pliny, and Josephus. The ancient sightings have been classified by a NASA scientist according to the standard UFO categories devised by astronomer J.A. Hynek (1972): Close Encounters of the First (no physical evidence), Second (physical traces), and Third Kinds (occupants observed).

www.wondersandmarvels.com...

Short answer is, even accepting that just as today's UFO sightings can be a case of mistaken identity, so must some of these ancient sightings be similar mistakes due perhaps to superstitions, misidentified natural aerial phenomena such as meteors and so on, these cases go back, on the record, for literally 1000's of years.

Throws the 'UFO's are man-made' out of the window however you look at it, unless you look at it as the UFO's are actually rediscovered high technology from a previous, now long gone, Human technological epoch or thousands of future Human time travellers taking their holidays in Earth's remote past...then they could be thought of as man-made i guess, but short of that...these are not Human machines and certainly not before the advent of Human flight.

Obviously both explanations can coexist provided they follow a timeline. Not that hard to figure out. Pre man made flight terrestrial explanations account for them. Post man made flight both accounted for them. Odd too the number of sightings increase when we start adding stuff to the skies. Almost seems to be a correlation...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Not sure i follow your logic, but i'll have a stab.

The reasons there are significantly more sightings POST Human flight, during the modern era, is in part due to people being much more aware of goings on in the skies, in no small part due to popular culture, especially science fiction classics from the 19th and 20th centuries resonating with people and their awareness of out there esoterica.

There was a time, for a while at any rate, where even very sombre and seasoned scientists, not prone to flights of fancy truly believed there was alien life on our moon and on the planet Mars, then later it was popular to imagine alien life residing on the planet Venus too.

With all that in mind, people tend to become more aware of what might be coming and going in the skies above, and so look up and are generally more observant.

Of course, technology has HUGELY contributed to the ongoing and increasing popularity of the phenomena. People have the means, during the last 60 or 70 years, for the first time in recorded history to record and disseminate widely what they see going on in the skies..some make it a mission to record such things, others are fortunate (or unfortunate depending on how you look at it) being in the right place at the right time with the right equipment on hand to record the events they witness.

Now, the fact that we have had Human built flying machines for decades, obviously means a portion of the reported sightings are most certainly going to be attributable to conventional, but misidentified aircraft..but by no means can account of all or even the majority of such sightings.

Another perfectly reasonable reason why UFO sightings seem to have increased, apart from the greater awareness and lower superstitions of those witnessing them, could simply be by design of the ET's themselves. An acceleration in appearances put in by them, may well be deliberate and designed as part of an acclimatisation programme, which sensibly seems to coincide with our technological progression as a species.

Which makes sense, when you think about it. If you showed a modern fighter jet to an ordinary person from say...the middle ages, they being of a superstitious leaning would probably be petrified and consider the machine to be demonic or some-such nonsense...however, once people had become much less superstitious, much more technological and appreciative of engineering principles things would be markedly different. The same fighter jet could be shown to someone from the first half of the 20th century, and while they would be amazed and astounded by the high technology before them, they would instantly recognise the jet as a very advanced aircraft, since they would have experience of Human flight, primitive in comparison to the jet on show, but the similar principles employed by a WW1 biplane and the jet would be significantly more obvious to our 20th century witness than to our earlier witness from the middle ages.

This is another plausible reason for increased sightings, one of simple comprehension.

edit on 22-4-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: In4ormant

Not sure i follow your logic, but i'll have a stab.

The reasons there are significantly more sightings POST Human flight, during the modern era, is in part due to people being much more aware of goings on in the skies, in no small part due to popular culture, especially science fiction classics from the 19th and 20th centuries resonating with people and their awareness of out there esoterica.

There was a time, for a while at any rate, where even very sombre and seasoned scientists, not prone to flights of fancy truly believed there was alien life on our moon and on the planet Mars, then later it was popular to imagine alien life residing on the planet Venus too.

With all that in mind, people tend to become more aware of what might be coming and going in the skies above, and so look up and are generally more observant.

Of course, technology has HUGELY contributed to the ongoing and increasing popularity of the phenomena. People have the means, during the last 60 or 70 years, for the first time in recorded history to record and disseminate widely what they see going on in the skies..some make it a mission to record such things, others are fortunate (or unfortunate depending on how you look at it) being in the right place at the right time with the right equipment on hand to record the events they witness.

Now, the fact that we have had Human built flying machines for decades, obviously means a portion of the reported sightings are most certainly going to be attributable to conventional, but misidentified aircraft..but by no means can account of all or even the majority of such sightings.

Another perfectly reasonable reason why UFO sightings seem to have increased, apart from the greater awareness and lower superstitions of those witnessing them, could simply be by design of the ET's themselves. An acceleration in appearances put in by them, may well be deliberate and designed as part of an acclimatisation programme, which sensibly seems to coincide with our technological progression as a species.

Which makes sense, when you think about it. If you showed a modern fighter jet to an ordinary person from say...the middle ages, they being of a superstitious leaning would probably be petrified and consider the machine to be demonic or some-such nonsense...however, once people had become much less superstitious, much more technological and appreciative of engineering principles things would be markedly different. The same fighter jet could be shown to someone from the first half of the 20th century, and while they would be amazed and astounded by the high technology before them, they would instantly recognise the jet as a very advanced aircraft, since they would have experience of Human flight, primitive in comparison to the jet on show, but the similar principles employed by a WW1 biplane and the jet would be significantly more obvious to our 20th century witness than to our earlier witness from the middle ages.

This is another plausible reason for increased sightings, one of simple comprehension.

[/quote

good reply. I would argue that all sightings are terrestrial, man made or a combination of the two.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join