It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Pre-Columbian Trade Between Asia And The Americas Found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've always seen similarities in Pre Columbian Meso and Southern American art with Asia, specifically Shang artwork. In places like California, sometimes people that look Asian turn out to be "Latin", or more accurately Native North American.

The links are numerous, and I know the Chinese imperial dynasties kept meticulous records for the most part. I wonder if anything describing America's west coast has ever been recorded in old Imperial manuscripts. We're talking stylistic motifs from Peru and the Incas to the Mayans of Yucatan. Not to mention linguistic roots of Mayan that share similarities with ancient Semetic languages, evidence of ancient African contact, and that whole story of how Osiris left Egypt to become "Quetzalcoatl?" and many other civilizers. I love it.

edit on 19-4-2015 by djedawsr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: djedawsr
I've always seen similarities in Pre Columbian Meso and Southern American art with Asia, specifically Shang artwork. In places like California, sometimes people that look Asian turn out to be "Latin", or more accurately Native North American.

The links are numerous, and I know the Chinese imperial dynasties kept meticulous records for the most part. I wonder if anything describing America's west coast has ever been recorded in old Imperial manuscripts. We're talking stylistic motifs from Peru and the Incas to the Mayans of Yucatan. Not to mention linguistic roots of Mayan that share similarities with ancient Semetic languages, evidence of ancient African contact, and that whole story of how Osiris left Egypt to become "Quetzalcoatl?" and many other civilizers. I love it.

There is no quantifiable evidence of Semitic roots for mesoAmericans, and while there may be circumstantial evidence for some trans-Atlantic contact, caution must be observed until evidence becomes concrete,for as the saying goes there is no evidence until we found some.Ex:this thread.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Two words for you to look into, this is my own research, haven't seen this anywhere else. Chilam Belam. Look up these Mayan writings (nine of which are known to be still in existence), and research what Chilam Belam means in Levantine Semetic languages.
Chilam was the last prophet of the Maya, his name roughly translating to "mouthpiece" (of the gods). Chilam in older Levantine languages means "what comes out of the mouth/words". The parallels are striking to say the least.

I'm not claiming physical proof, even though the whole premise of contact with Asia has long been speculated and shot down by people hollering 'where's the proof?" Here's some.

Never claimed Semetic roots of the people either, just contact. The stories of Osiris going to civilize other nations outside of Egypt, and Kukulkan, Quetzalcoatl, and Viracocha in the Central and South America seem strongly related, in my opinion.

Seriously, humans had to spread all around the planet somehow. I think it's ridiculous to think trans Atlantic and Pacific contact with the Americas didn't take place until Leif Ericsson or someone came along. That's a pretty Euro centric worldview in my opinion, but even then you've got St. Brendan, the voyage of Bran, etc. The Celts themselves, are genetically linked with people from the region of Iberia, speak on this in their mythology, and it's been verified by scientists. They too share similarities with ancient Semetic languages.

Troy was discovered eventually, but at one point had Atlantis status. I'm just saying give the great great great grandparents a break, they got around a lot more than they'll ever tell you youngin', and when they did tell you, you thought they were making it all up anyway, crazy old people stories, right? Until someone finds evidence.

It's all about pattern recognition anyway. It really doesn't matter if Osiris is Kukulkan. What I find fascinating is the pyramids arising in both cultures (China too! Chinese pyramids )

Our big old human family is beautiful, and there's always an ibn Battuta or Marco polo in the bunch. Some of the family left Africa, some of them got freaky with neanderthals and hobbits, but we got around multiple times recorded or not, and the proof is the fact that we're historically found everywhere except Antartica (dig under the ice and they might find Atlanteans though).

Here's this I just found. Chinese map dated 1418 showing the west coast of South America and a hilariously small Australia (controversial)1418 map article

edit on 20-4-2015 by djedawsr because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2015 by djedawsr because: spelling, insert

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: djedawsr

I feel ya, and I haven't done any primary research into the matter but I hope you publish your work some day, all I have are journals that said different, however until then all we have so far is circumstantial evidence and sometimes very good ones at that but science and scientist are a picky and cautious bunch and often overly so for good reasons the subject demands a sense of airtightness.
Example. did Mansa Musa's brother Abubakari's two fleets crossed the Atlantic as recorded by Al Umari the Syrian historian at the court of Sultan al-Malik al-Nasi of Egypt, and did they make land fall..or did both fleets sanked in the ocean blue, tantalizing but await further physical confirmation that they did as in the case with the Alaska finds we have to remain patent.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The first native American Columbus spoke to when he landed, asked Columbus if he had any beer, in English, English fisherman were known to the north American's before Columbus, the fisherman never spoke of it at home, the fishing was just to good to broadcast it to all and sundry.

Average time to cross the Atlantic in modern times is around 2 - 3 weeks.

Going back 6 or 7 hundred years would have been slower...that is going to be one stinking hold full of rotting fish after that time at sea with no ice making equipment...maybe they could have salted the fish before departure, but they would have taken a very long time to cross the Ocean back then, and even salted fish in a damp, humid environment won't last very long.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: Heliocentric Mystery Hill, NH aka America's Stonehenge hints that the Vikings were late comers.

stonehengeusa.com...

Maybe but the Michigan copper mines suggest trade back into BC.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thanks, I'm no academic though, just a person who takes an interest in these things. I'd actually like to see a collection of reports of Abubakari's expedition, there's a lot of sources related to that one and they're scattered across the continent.

I like the thoroughness of modern scientists, the dismissive close mindedness is what get's me (I think that's a more public face as well. I've known some wonderfully imaginative folks engaged in serious science). And the peer review process does have it's flaws. Then you have a lot of the smartest people engaged in secret or military work, research, history, and tech suppressed for political reasons, etc...

All in all, glad we have an ATS around!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Maybe but the Michigan copper mines suggest trade back into BC.

Here's a pretty interesting and accessible dissection of that story, in the context of an episode of America Unearthed: Link

The “Liu/Menzies” World Map? A very good analysis here: Link

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: pikestaff
The first native American Columbus spoke to when he landed, asked Columbus if he had any beer, in English, English fisherman were known to the north American's before Columbus, the fisherman never spoke of it at home, the fishing was just to good to broadcast it to all and sundry.

Average time to cross the Atlantic in modern times is around 2 - 3 weeks.

Going back 6 or 7 hundred years would have been slower...that is going to be one stinking hold full of rotting fish after that time at sea with no ice making equipment...maybe they could have salted the fish before departure, but they would have taken a very long time to cross the Ocean back then, and even salted fish in a damp, humid environment won't last very long.

Actually,
Properly salted fish will keep for more than a year shipboard.
With respect to the English, they started fishing the grand banks in the late 900's .
By the 1100's the English were industrialy fishing the grand banks, with fleets of dozens of ship being out to sea for a a year or more.
They had large cauldrons on board with which to make salt from sea water over fires.
Where did they get the wood? They certainly didn't carry it all the way from England , for the whole journey, which implies they put in somewhere to chop firewood.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Heliocentric

Thanks!

F&S&
...GREAT find.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
Columbus First doesn't need any nails. he apparently even had guides with him. do they still actually teach kids that he discovered it when it is well known the NORSE (viking was a job not a race of people) "discovered" it long before? in fact they had colonized it, but not having a major weapon superiority like the so called explorers of the time of those following after Columbus, were attacked by the skrælings (what the Norse called the warlike natives), and ended up leaving. it has also been pretty much proven the Chinese also were in America long before Columbus. the most you can credit Columbus of is starting the scourge of European countries like Spain, Portugal, France and the British colonizing not just the Americas but the Islands in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

No, it has not "been proven that the Chinese were" in the Americas. The last book to try and do so was a steaming pile of lies and nonsense doing nothing more than taking money from those desperate to believe. Columbus was, whether people like it or not, the guy who came here and established permanent trading, occupation, and commerce between the Americas and Europe. Give the man his due, please.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
After the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami i question any Asian prehistorical items found along the west coast of north america.
www.bloomberg.com...
abcnews.go.com...
www.vancouversun.com...

"The Rising Whale discoveries include two bronze artifacts"
These could easily be bronze artifacts from asia that were stored in wooden boxes and taken by a tsunami only to be found later by some native walking along the shore of north america.

Something like bronze artifacts would have been like something from god to a native in north america.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Although the idea of tsunami wash ups, is attested to, I think that is highly unlikely in this case.
Trade with arctic people is well documented in east asia. The Japanese traded with the Ainu who in turn traded with arctic people for salmon and whale, and furs.
Compared to the original arctic people the Inuit and their related people were very warlike, so warlike they adopted metal armor from their trade partners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join