It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Public Service Academy' Set to Launch at Arizona State University

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Ugh. This just makes me sick. It sounds like state leadership camp for fascist sociopaths, the development of which was touched on in a few threads way back when, like this one and this one, among others.

An incestuous blending of public, private, and military leadership training. Now accepting applications at Arizona State University:

New ASU program helps undergrads change the world (the headline is so pretentious it makes me want to vomit)

ASU's Public Service Academy, the first of its kind in the U.S., will help train undergraduate students to become leaders of social change, even if their intended career isn't in what's traditionally thought of as public service.

Incoming freshmen of all majors can apply to join the Public Service Academy, a four-year program of classes, hands-on experiences and internships to create working relationships between civilians and military personnel and collaborations among the public, private and non-profit sectors. It launches in August.

Frankly, it sounds like getting a BS in Statist Activism--teaching them to be masters of the game they've been brainwashed into playing. And it scares me a little.

"PSA students will be ready to move beyond the conventional paths of their peers, forging new solutions through cross-disciplinary collaboration — artists working with medical scientists, environmentalists working with engineers, military leaders working with social workers," he said.

They could be business leaders that focus on creating public housing or teachers that focus on giving Native American students equal access to education.

The part I emphasized in boldface is downright creepy, if you ask me.

NGSC will include a set of seven leadership courses and a series of summer internships in non-profit, government and private organizations, as well as annual retreats, service opportunities and collaborative events with Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets. Upon completion, academy graduates will be members of the Next Generation Service Corps, having earned a Leadership, Ethics and Service certificate from the College of Public Service and Community Solutions.

From ASU's website:

Students from any and all majors complete a series of courses in cross-sector leadership, ethics, social entrepreneurship and community development that supplement individual courses for their majors. Students also develop a mission, a statement of what they want to impact, challenge or ignite through their academic and career pathways. To gain cross-sector experience invaluable to leading collaborations, students complete a series of internships in nonprofit, corporate and government sectors relevant to their major and mission. Students also share leadership experiences with the Reserve Officer Training Corps to build understanding of the military as a stakeholder in global humanitarian solutions. Students also take part in annual retreats, service projects and networking with community leaders.

We live in a society where the military is a partner in humanitarianism? This is what they're teaching?

What was that Orwellian double-speak thing? Freedom is slavery? War is peace?

Maybe it makes sense to some of you. Not me. It sounds like nurturing a nightmare.

Civilian and military leaders must work collaboratively on local and national solutions, particularly humanitarian efforts, disaster relief, epidemics and peacekeeping efforts. Additionally, military leaders will likely transition back to civilian public service leadership positions as veterans. To strengthen our future leaders’ abilities to foster collaboration, NGSC and ROTC participants will share leadership experiences through leadership coursework, extracurricular leadership programs and direct service with the community. This sharing of experiences bridges the civilian-military campus culture through collaborative understanding.

They're setting these students up with the networking they'll need to become effective, nay masterful, wards of the corporate state.

ASU Public Service Academy Flier

Am I overreacting, ATS? Is this not fascist indoctrination (much of it publicly subsidized)? Heavy words, to be sure...

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Same dog - different leg-action...........

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Let Sublimecraft turn the lights on

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Does anyone else find it Creepy that they use a Devil for their Mascot?! I Mean really?!?!? WTF Is that?!?!?!!
edit on 17-4-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This is really worrying, terrifying even. Sounds a lot like Common Purpose, where they teach to lead "beyond authority" and to be agents of change. They (Common Purpose) have a Marksist doctrine and seem to be following the Alinsky way of thinking. I also noticed the mascot and 3 fingered hand gesture, is that supposed to be the 3 prongs of the devils trident? This is the most worrying 'change' I have seen coming from the USA in many many years.
edit on 17-4-2015 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2015 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Sparky is innocent in all this. I'm convinced the NWO has taken over ASU and is holding the real Sparky in Guantanamo. That guy's an impostor, see?

It's rumored that the mascot was intentionally created with the likeness of Walt Disney in mind. A Disney animator designed the original one, then the school teamed up with Disney again a few years ago to redesign him (which was a disaster).

Disney's involvement in the creation of a devil mascot is... interesting, is it not? Considering Disney's penchant for the occult?

ASU is a weird place. Not much would surprise me.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Scares the s@$t out of me...

Nothing else to say.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I tried to find the significance of this hand gesture expecting something a little less crass than what I found.

Shocker (hand gesture), also known colloquially as "two in the pink, one in the stink",[1][2] is a hand gesture with a sexual connotation.[3] The ring finger and thumb are curled or bent down while the other fingers are extended. The index and middle fingers are kept together (touching) and the back of the hand faces outwards (away from the gesturer). The gesture refers to the act of inserting the index and middle fingers into a vagina and the little finger into the receiver's anus, hence the "shock". Public usage of the gesture has been noted in the media, and in some instances had negative consequences for the perpetrators.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Now THAT... is ASU.

Now I can't look at that picture without laughing.
edit on 4/17/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The Soviets had special personnel trained in the same manner as these ...people... are going to be trained.
They called them political officers.
They saw every Soviet Citizen as the enemy of the state.
Their job was to find a good communist and expose him as a traitor.
Not because he was actually a traitor, but to serve as an example to those who might be thinking along those lines.

edit on 17-4-2015 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yeah, helping Native Americans get equal access to education and public housing for the poor really makes me sick. /sarc

I guess you guys think the Peace Corps was the devils work too, huh.

This program looks very similar to the Peace Corps except it focuses public service in our own country instead of other countries.

I guess you didn't read the part about it being TOTALLY VOLUNTARY. It's not like the government is forcing young people into this program. It's for young people who want to help their fellow Americans but don't really know how to go about it. It will help teach these youth how to bring groups together for the good of others. You know, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." But I suppose you guys think Kennedy was Hitler.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Politicians and activists have called for a sort of training academy for those interested in public service – like a military academy but for volunteers – for more than 200 years

Yep,
Political officers.
Pushing the ideology and dreaming the dream of creating a subservient nation for all.
Except the leadership caste of course.
edit on 17-4-2015 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So you want the military working on social solutions?

to me that starts to skirt into some very dark ugly areas.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So you want the military working on social solutions?

to me that starts to skirt into some very dark ugly areas.

You mean like to help build public housing or to set up medical facilities for the poor in rural areas (like they were doing in Africa during the ebola crisis)? Just because your mind is dark and ugly doesn't mean that this program is.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
These people will go on to help Native Americans and improve public housing? riiiiiight.

liberal wet dream; a university-affiliated elite corps of future gummint management.
we are rapidly turning into a layered classed society with less, not more, social mobility. college educated people will see their sons/daughters do the same; the high Ivy League elite (Clintons, Kerrys, Bushes) will have their progeny follow in their feetsteps. a permanent multigenerational ruling group.
working class pukes remain working class pukes.
don't let the uniformed presence fool you. the dems know the military is about the only segment of gummint anyone has any faith or trust in, so they add them to make the whole package more appealing. when push comes to shove the uniformed people will be exiled to their posts to await further orders.

I think I've seen how this ends.
'The Time Machine'.
so they are the pre-Eloi? does that make the rest of us the pre-Morlocks?
edit on 17-4-2015 by works4dhs because: add insightful sentence

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We have a few generations of young people with some great ideas and are motivated to change the world and something like this could give them what they need to do it. Unfortunately, I don't have much faith that the gov't along with the military won't strive to twist their young minds and set them on paths that they otherwise wouldn't venture. I think it just as probably to turn out like the nazi youth group that hitler created. And well depending on how far the politicians get their foot in the door, the political arena today with so much emphasis on social issues to begin with these young people might find themselves being from one direction to the next every 2-4 years as the political winds change their direction. There are some good aspects in it though.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

another obama incentive that coming to fruition, but this one's uniforms look more militaristic than americorps or femacorps and just as Sublimecraft picture and words imply it looks as if the brown shirts or should i say white shirts are here. only thing missing is weapons, i guess the next fancy named one will have them. although i have seen pictures of femacorps training with weapons.

why would a supposedly humanitarian organization flashing sexual / piss on you gang signs, need to look like a branch of the military. especially a government sponsored one. i'm just waiting for someone to say the salvation army does but there's a big difference between them and this.

plus i thought that everybody understood that the military is not very good at humanitarian operations, they run them as a military operation and quite often that goes th sh@@.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So what is your opinion of the Peace Corps? That is a government-sponsored program that has been around a long time now. Are youth who join the Peace Corps the same as Hitler's youth? Are they trained to capture and/or kill others of a particular religion or political belief?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Congratulations OP! I see you've mastered the art of propaganda. Honestly, keep this up and you might be able to get a job with one of the television news stations!

For example, you will take this:

In today’s complex world, problems transcend all kinds of boundaries. Many urgent issues require knowledge of and experience in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, the public and private sector, and in the military realm. These challenges require leaders who know how to collaborate across sectors; who are skilled in creating partnerships among people who are not accustomed to working together; who can communicate to diverse groups; and who embody a spirit of social responsibility and entrepreneurship

....and reduce it to making fun of uniforms, mascots, and whatever other superficial tidbit you might pick up on, while entirely disregarding the mission and real purpose, or minimizing and dismissing it. Maybe you could get a job with FOX news?
edit on 4/17/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Posse comitatus, reserves fall under active duty regulations... They are in theory not allowed to work under orders inside the borders of the United state's.

That is not a boundary I want blurred under any circumstances, primarily because I do not trust the govt to do anything out of the goodness of their heart.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join