It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Sitaution: Anti matter beings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceOverlord

I know of no evidence for this line of thought.

Just as our life is based on carbon, antimatter life could be based on anti-carbon which should bond about the same as carbon (except for the charges being mirrored), unless as I said there is some surprise in the solution to the baryon asymmetry problem.

What differences could the baryon asymmetry problem yield?

Its not what it could yield per see its why its there is more the question. When the universe was created we should have had equal amounts of matter and antimatter basically annihilate each other. Obviously this didnt happen or we wouldn't be here. so this leaves three possibilities one somehow the two were separated and there is indeed anti matter roaming around in the universe. Or we have whats called a CP violation. Basically this means its easier to make baryonic matter than antimatter so in the beginning there was just alot more matter than antimatter. And finally something could have dviolate both parity (P) and time (T) symmetries. (think of these as space and time) This would allow matter and antimatter to decay at different rates leading to a possible matter-antimatter asymmetry meaning the universe ran out of anti matter because its decay rate is faster.

What i was thinking about this though is physics would operate the same just sort of in reverse in an anti matter universe. now in certain theories you can have negative matter this is different. Negative matter if it existed would have have negative mass and negative energy. If this does exist you can change all the laws of physics by balancing out the two types of matter. Imagine matter when you let it go would leave the planet you get the idea,

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Basically this means its easier to make baryonic matter than antimatter so in the beginning there was just alot more matter than antimatter.
Well, let's quantify what we mean by "a lot more", because the asymmetry, if it actually exists, is extremely small:

abyss.uoregon.edu...

How strong was this asymmetry? We can't go back in time and count the number of matter/anti-matter pairs, but we can count the number of cosmic background photons that remain after the annihilations. That counting yields a value of 1 matter particle for every 10^10 photons, which means the asymmetry between matter and anti-matter was only 1 part in 10,000,000,000.
So with the asymmetry being only one part in ten billion, I'm still not expecting to see much difference in the behavior of carbon based biology and hypothetical anti-carbon based biology, and probably none aside from the inverted charges.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: SpaceOverlord

I really enjoy the outside the box thinking, wish there were more threads/ideas like this with other intelligent life, multi dimensional life, or extra terrestrials. For energy to exist we need antimatter, so there must be invisible antimatter all around because we are producing energy all the time.

If there is some type of intelligent life that exists in antimatter, imagine it being more intelligent than us. Or maybe their "brain" is wired so differently that antimatter "culture" is way different to us. Could this be the reason there is no evidence of UFO's or even ghosts lets say because those intelligences are actually antimatter and their physical traces would cause annihilation? Or exposure to radiation? Would it change temperature or human/animal senses? Just a thought.

S&F

Interesting thought, but I doubt UFOs are anti matter, cause if they were every sighting would be accompanied by a bigger blast than Hiroshima!
That said, as I've mentioned earlier they may be able to enter our universe without exploding because they might have a repulsive gravity that would allow them to fly away from nearby matter, so they could still enter our universe...but entering our atmosphere is another issue entirely.

If antimatter beings exist they would travel in technology that would not explode, in fact beyond exploding be so sensitive and safe, that, it doesn't even leave a physical trace. However we are able to witness it, this is what I suggest could be UFO's or ghosts, or anything paranormal.

If antimatter is all around us, and some sort of intelligence exists in this dimension, how would it manifest in front of us with out annihilation?

Would it form as something not physical? I.e in our minds or paranormal?

Why antimatter would want to explore in the first place is very interesting.

Do you think conscious anti matter exists in an antimatter universe parallel to ours?

Can the LHC peer into this?

Could an "antimatter LHC" peer into us?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

If there are beings in an antimatter galaxy wondering the same thing, just remember this:

From their perspective, they are made of matter, and we are the anti-matter beings.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

a reply to: SpaceOverlord

I really enjoy the outside the box thinking, wish there were more threads/ideas like this with other intelligent life, multi dimensional life, or extra terrestrials. For energy to exist we need antimatter, so there must be invisible antimatter all around because we are producing energy all the time.

If there is some type of intelligent life that exists in antimatter, imagine it being more intelligent than us. Or maybe their "brain" is wired so differently that antimatter "culture" is way different to us. Could this be the reason there is no evidence of UFO's or even ghosts lets say because those intelligences are actually antimatter and their physical traces would cause annihilation? Or exposure to radiation? Would it change temperature or human/animal senses? Just a thought.

S&F

Interesting thought, but I doubt UFOs are anti matter, cause if they were every sighting would be accompanied by a bigger blast than Hiroshima!
That said, as I've mentioned earlier they may be able to enter our universe without exploding because they might have a repulsive gravity that would allow them to fly away from nearby matter, so they could still enter our universe...but entering our atmosphere is another issue entirely.

If antimatter beings exist they would travel in technology that would not explode, in fact beyond exploding be so sensitive and safe, that, it doesn't even leave a physical trace. However we are able to witness it, this is what I suggest could be UFO's or ghosts, or anything paranormal.

If antimatter is all around us, and some sort of intelligence exists in this dimension, how would it manifest in front of us with out annihilation?

Would it form as something not physical? I.e in our minds or paranormal?

Do you think conscious anti matter exists in an antimatter universe parallel to ours?

Can the LHC peer into this?

Could an "antimatter LHC" peer into us?

Alot of questions here could an anti matter being make something that could visit us is the question. OK about the only way I could think of to safely do this would be a hologram. They could in theory bend light to communicate with us. A physical craft like a UFO unlikely because they would use the matter they had available to them. And we'll even contacting air molecules would be a severe problem. They would have to create an field that pushes matter away from the craft.but even than the energy would build up around the craft making it useless for any kind of observation. They basically blind themselves from any readings.

Now could they use a form of telepathy well ok if it was possible for them to send some electrical charges directly to our brain maybe. Problem is an anti matter being more than likely would fry our brain since the charges would be diffrent.

Now if you believe we are just one of many universes and they are an infinate number if universes than yes there could be an anti matter universe but if we found it I'd strongly suggest we leave it alone.And could the LHC find one no that's not the type of dimensions it's looking for. It's looking for dimensions so small that we can't tell they are here in ouruniverse.
edit on 4/17/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I thought smashing protons together at near the speed of light produces antimatter, but I could be wrong.

Found this interesting quote:

"The thing about antimatter is it behaves almost identically to normal matter," said Tara Shears, a physicist at England's University of Liverpool, who works on the LHCb experiment.

Source

Great video about antimatter:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join