It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Admits to Quotas, Falsifying Charges, & Extorting the Poor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How much more of this can we have shoved in our face? For me, not so much. Just google "Cop Admits to Quotas, Falsifying Charges, & Extorting the Poor" and see the results of this. So many actually that if it's been posted on ATS...whoops.

Either this guy is the dumbest cop in the World or he just doesn't care.

Or...He is amongst those elitist cops that actually believe they are above the law.

I pick the third option personally.

www.alternet.org...
www.blacklistednews.com...
A little from the vid:

“This is the last day of the month. I get every stat I need just off of you guys,” says the officer as he begins his rights violating confession.

“So you guys gotta make quota, huh?” asks the detained teen.
“We don’t have a quota. We have expectations. And what that means is, you will make so many arrests a month, you should write so many tickets a month, and you should haul so many dumbasses to jail a month. If we’re gonna pay you $100,000 a year, we should expect something back from you, shouldn’t we?” says the officer.

When the man replies, ‘yes’ that he understands what the officer just said, the cop then asks, “Would you like to be part of my quota tonight?”

The young man then asks the cop, “On what grounds [would you arrest me]?”

To which the cop replies, “‘On what grounds?’ Oh, I don’t know, I’ll think of something. How about aiding and abetting reckless driving?”

The officer basically admits that he will simply make up any charges he wants, just to make an arrest.

“Fair enough,” says the man, trying to prevent himself from being kidnapped by this officer for no reason.
“You better wipe that smile off your face brother, or I’ll show ya,” says the officer.

It doesn’t stop there, this officer then exposes himself for the true power-tripping tyrant that he is.

“Now, let me tell you what the difference between being a smart guy and a dumbass is. You sit there with that #-eating grin on your face, let me see some id!” says the tyrant officer.

The young man then replies as he’s going to show the officer his ID, “It’s cool I got a clean record.”

That’s when the officer becomes brutally honest about how he can abuse his power to ruin innocent lives.
The officer replies, “Yeah, but you know what? I’m the guy that can make that record look dirty.”

At this point the officer then admits how the entire system is funded through this type of shakedown and extortion racket.

“You are a guy that’s gonna end up giving the city a lot of money,” says the officer explaining how the state aggressively pursues poor people to pay their exorbitant salaries.

The officer then proceeds to massively flex his authority as the teen isn’t bowing down fast enough, screaming, “Shut up! Shut up!”

The teen filming then asks the officer for his name, to which the officer yells, “Be Quiet! Or you’ll have my name on a police report and your ass will be on the way to juvi for aiding and abetting! Understand that?”

For you facebookers:

www.facebook.com...
www.youtube.com...

Jude11
edit on 10-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

What a jerk!!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Cops make $100,000/yr??? Wow...you think they'd find some better ones for that number...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

What a jerk!!

Seriously? That's the only 4-letter word you could come up with?

Oh yeah...T&C stuff.

Jude11

link   
And he makes 100K a year.

That's our tax dollars at work.

link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Cops make $100,000/yr??? Wow...you think they'd find some better ones for that number...

I also found that interesting.

I'm in the wrong business.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yep, not shocked or surprised in the least.

This is the culture of policing you have built in America, where power-tripping cops expect their slaves to kneel and obey, and the moment someone points out that this is not acceptable they go into meltdown and the victim ends up getting shot, or at least harassed, beaten or arrested.

I said just an hour or so ago, you're probably going to be seeing a hell of a lot of this coming to light this year, including potentially thousands of historical cases of police abuse of power too, because the media has worked out that the people are interested in this story theme.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was gonna be a smart ass and say I'm clearly working for the wrong agency, based off the pay he quoted.

Then I remembered all the other dumb ass crap he said they (and he) do and I realized it's not at all worth it.

Disgusted.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What an ass !....It would appear as if some police are becoming so confident in their stance of being above the law that they are making mistakes that will come back to bite em in the ass...

What a disgrace that guy is and how many others are just like him....?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

They are not Quota's, they are "Expectations".

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What an ass !....It would appear as if some police are becoming so confident in their stance of being above the law that they are making mistakes that will come back to bite em in the ass...

What a disgrace that guy is and how many others are just like him....?

My challenge to you is to every day for a week, keep a count of how many good cops you see/hear/read about and how many bad cops.

I think we know which side the numbers will be on.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Strawman argument.

Remember the story about the cop who bought cookies for a kid at McDonald's? Yea, why did that make the news? Because the cop was ambushed and murdered shortly after that.

If it wasn't for him being dead, that never would've made the news.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

He's probably including overtime and benefits in that, or just BS. lol.

Though, apparently New York cops average a 75 grand salary, but it seems to be an average of 50 grand in the US over all.

Average Police Officer Salary

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Grimpachi

He's probably including overtime and benefits in that, or just BS. lol.

Though, apparently New York cops average a 75 grand salary, but it seems to be an average of 50 grand in the US over all.

Average Police Officer Salary

He must be exceeding their "expectations".

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That is probably true for beginning salaries but I don't think that holds true for those who have been on a force for a while.

I invest in Lending Club and people who apply for loans disclose their income. The average monthly salary I have seen for a sergeant on most forces has been between 7 to 8K. I have seen some that make over 12k a month so that leads me to believe that 50k average is for fresh out of the academy recruits.

Sheriff's deputies generally make 2 to 3k less than that. It has been a real eye opener to see what people actually make in different fields.
edit on 10-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Has it been verified that the person in the video is actually a cop? It could be a hoax for all I know.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The only problem with that is no one reports the good news stories.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Too few and far between to actually find.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I said just an hour or so ago, you're probably going to be seeing a hell of a lot of this coming to light this year, including potentially thousands of historical cases of police abuse of power too, because the media has worked out that the people are interested in this story theme.

Maybe, maybe not,up to a point. This kind of thing has been going on for years, a deal of it under the radar and will never come out since it remains unrecorded and unreported at a Federal level..that includes police killings, and it is going on for so long that any Federal investigation/s will/would takes years to unravel.
I grant you that the media in local reporting are twigging on to the impotence of them being local 'affiliated' stations, and that many stories don't get to the whole nation as national news, when they should have been. Shocking the locals is not the same as shocking the whole nation, but it remains to be seen how much will get to the prime time news in the US. In the meantime, it is other countries with national television stations that are picking up on local US media stories, more and more mostly via the internet. Conversely, other countries also have US major stations as a basis for American news of the day, like the BBC has a spot for ABC set piece broadcasts of the day, while they know fecking rightly that some stories they have already picked up on may not make it to the ABC news set pieces on the day, or vice versa as BBC news also broadcasts on PBS in the US, and may not cover stories from the UK in the same fashion.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: vonclod

Too few and far between to actually find.

Jude11

Not at all. But the phrase is "if it bleeds, it leads" not "if it gives you a warm fuzzy, we'll make a segment out of it"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join