It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace Yourselves... You Only Have Two Days Left To Ready Yourself For GoT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

I will actually go back and edit my OP to include no spoilers!
Hopefully folks will listen and take pity on those who haven't caught up yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You could always read the books.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

In the end that's all that really matters.

a reply to: TinkerHaus

I am happy for you as well.

Different strokes and junk right?

edit on 4/10/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I hear ya! No ex but like the idea of semi-retirement.

I believe you can watch GoT online...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well your just a magnificent human being aren't you.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Game of Thrones is a little bit of a bone of contention with me.

Like everyone who has access to visual media, and has not been hidden under a collapsed structure of concrete and steel beams for the last God knows how long, I had been exposed to the media hype, seen the advertising, and the memes and so on. Being a fan of pretty much any show which has a higher than normal potential for swordfights, archery, and fantasy elements, I thought that this show would pretty much tick my boxes.

And then, I sat down and watched a few episodes... And was BORED witless. I had pretty much figured out by episode four, that I would not be able to bring myself to give a God damn about any of the characters, not a single one, and that made the whole show fall apart for me. It looks great, the fight scenes are grand, and the design of the thing is gorgeous... but I just do not care. Hell, I was hoping that every character depicted at the start, would be dead by the end of the second episode, just to get some damned ENERGY into the show.

I can sit there and see an episode at a friends place, as wallpaper while the important business of talking nonsense and drinking is undertaken, but I could not sit and try to watch an episode. As I said, I love fantasy, I love sword and sorcery type scenarios, and I read that sort of fiction avidly too! My imagination where these things are concerned, is not at all limited. However, for one reason or another, I just find the show tedious beyond belief.

THAT BEING SAID...

Obviously, with as many fans as it has gained, it must have some significant value, and it is perhaps one of my not inconsiderable limitations which makes this show less than appealing to me. I am not in any way, suggesting that the show is bad. It just does not do anything for me, despite being very much within a genre that I would ordinarily get elbows deep in without flinching!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It happens. Not everyone likes the same things thank goodness.

I had to catch up last year because I had ignored all the hype and figured that it would be one of those shows that I would despise. I got bored one night with nothing else to watch so I gave it a go. After a few episodes I loved it. So I went in expecting it to be crappy lol.

If we all liked the same things, this rock would get pretty boring, pretty fast.

I feel about Dr. Who as you do GoT. I don't understand the cult like following, but it must has some kind of redemptive quality about it to have stuck around this long and have such a loyal fan base. At least you aren't calling anyone who likes GoT an idiot, stupid, lacking in taste, a loser, etc.

I could do without some elements in GoT myself, but overall I have enjoyed it more than a lot of shows I've tried to watch for the last several years.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh God no!

I would never suggest that someone who enjoyed Game of Thrones was a walking genetic accident! I mean, come on! It's not like its the Jersey Shore or anything!

In all seriousness though, we ARE all different, and that is a good thing, because diversity keeps us ALL on our toes, and you are absolutely right, it would be boring if it were any other way!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The best show ever!!

I'm so excited.
Last year before the season started, i wanted my skeptical fiancé to enjoy GOT with me,
I had to drag her through the first two episodes of season 1, after that, she binge watched the first 3 seasons in 4 days right up to the season 4 premiere.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yes!

Has anyone else thought of remaking Safety Dance with Game of Thrones Characters?

Thanks...hadn't heard that for ages.
Check out this GREAT GOT Dub Parody:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The mere mention of Jersey Shore makes me want to dry heave. It's sad that people all around the world probably think that is what most Americans are like. Good shows are becoming increasingly harder to find. I'm currently hooked on The Black List and House Of Cards as well.

Even out of all of those... It takes a lot to beat a good documentary. Much to my husband's dismay, I really enjoy watching those and will watch one on almost anything I can find.

a reply to: HighFive

That's the way it got me. It sneaks up on you like that.
At least she has good taste even if you were uncertain beforehand lol.

edit on 4/10/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

Well your just a magnificent human being aren't you.

Yes. Yes I am.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

absolutely love this show and cant wait.. Third best show on tv imo behind walking dead and my favorite is deadliest catch.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Erm.. no tv set .. havent had since back in 80 .. it met a very tragic and violent end ...

You don't need a TV set you're on the internet.... the internet has every TV show ever made and every episode of every new show around.

You have NO EXCUSES for not watching GOT!!

It's amazing.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I actually was very bored for the first few episodes of GOT as well. BUt we had heard such good things my wife and I pushed through the 1st few and then got hooked, now I love it lol..

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I actually was very bored for the first few episodes of GOT as well. BUt we had heard such good things my wife and I pushed through the 1st few and then got hooked, now I love it lol..

Yeah you definitely need to get past the first 5-6 episodes... it literally gets better and better by the episode.
It really is incredible TV.

I was like others... had no interest and thought what's all the fuss about?
And then I watched it... and haven't looked back since.

edit on 10/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

It really is incredible TV

I agree, it has something for everyone, dragons ,zombies, witches, people getting their heads cut off, people doing it, swordfights, epic battles, incest, and good stories with a lot of twists .

There is just so many characters and stories to set up you really have to push through those first 5 episodes.

But I do find myself saying "where the hell are the dragons" a lot..

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Deadliest catch starts this week too..(*__*)

I just can't get enough that show

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Did you hear that Bollywood will produce it's own GoT???

GOOGLE: India Is Making Its Own Game Of Thrones

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Absolutely ready for the new season! Probably my favorite TV show in a long time. Walking Dead and Better Call Saul are the only other current TV shows I watch to. (I would include Breaking Bad, but it's over)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join