It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced to get Flu Shot - How can I decline?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera
In my case, the IT-industry doesn't force us to get any shots, and lately (to my utter annoyance), people have been coming into work hacking and coughing all around me. If you are in IT, there's no reason you cannot stay home and work from home.

That isn't a function of the industry but rather the place you work.

I work in a hospital in IT\IS and if you are a person that goes into the clinical areas you are required to get your vaccinations.
It is something I am more than willing to accept for everything I get out of where I work.
Then again if vaccinations were against my beliefs I wouldn't take a job in a hospital.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
before I even started to read the replies... I wanted to say how I am able to escape Flu shots...

I tell the nurses, doctors, technicians that I am allergic to eggs... they use eggs to grow the vaccine and I will go into Anaphylactic shock if injected with a flu cultured in whole eggs

"Anaphylactic shock is a particularly severe form of allergic reaction, which may be fatal if not rapidly and properly cared for. The allergens which may bring on this condition are varied, and in some cases even a trace amount is enough to trigger full anaphylaxis. Because of its extremely quick action, this reaction is responsible for many deaths in the United States and worldwide. It is estimated that more than 400 people die each year in the United States from anaphylactic shock"... : source: www.wisegeekhealth.com...

now.... I will read your thread

there on page 1, 3rd post down --- egg allergy !
right on...

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I use egg allergies. The virus is made in eggs therefore it can be considered an egg product.

edit on th30142846266507112015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swing80s

Why are they trying to make you get a flu shot in April?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'd think the only thing that would even possibly let you off the hook is something to do with religion.

It seems someone has been thinking about those thoughts.

Isn't it cool when the moral upright politicians save the world by sacrificing
our rights? Everytime! And there are Bozos everywhere, who just refuse to recognize.
edit on Rpm40715v28201500000000 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Why are they trying to make you get a flu shot in April?

CONTROL!!!

SnF OP

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Tell her it is YOUR decision, not hers. Tell her flu shots make people sick. I have seen that first hand! No flu shots = no flu in my household, literally! Stand your ground.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The OP can, and get a job else where.

I would be willing to be OP was made aware that flu shots were mandatory as it usually is in a healthcare setting upon getting hired.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Conspire with your other workers so you all take several weeks of with the flu 8 or 9 days after you get the shot.

Then launch a class action.

Since the policy is almost certainly the result of one of your directors being bribed by the pharma company selling the vaccine.

You all get some time off
maybe some cash

corrupt director gets fired

All round good result for the risk of one shot which you are being forced to take anyway.

This is why forcing people to do stuff isn't a good idea.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swing80s
So things are starting to get VERY anal in the medical community.

I thought it was starting to get very anal when the POTUS signed a law that requires everyone to buy health insurance. After that, things can only get worse. You're in for a very bumpy ride if you think you have any rights left now.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Always fun to joke about around the dinner table really.

It's far more likely they've got a cold than the flu. Influenza is miserable.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Can anybody here help me or tell me what to say to my superior to respectfully decline but still stay on her good side? Much appreciated.

"I am allergic to eggs". But then you'll have to wear a mask while at work.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

"I am allergic to eggs". But then you'll have to wear a mask while at work.

why the Mask ?

"Interim Guidance for the Use of Masks to Control Influenza" ...

www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/infectioncontrol/mask...Cached

Role of masks for controlling influenza when suboptimal immunization of the public could increase the frequency of influenza infection - CDC

the N95 masks will not guarantee protection from contacting flu germs... one would need a whole body suit at a minimum
just as the flu shot does not guarantee an inability to get the flu...

I hope your mask remark was a 'tongue-in-cheek' reaction and not an attempt at a serious statement

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

I hope your mask remark was a 'tongue-in-cheek' reaction and not an attempt at a serious statement

A lot of hospitals will make you wear one at all times if you don't get the shot. So no, I was quite serious.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Yes..the flu is created by nature..as is Cancer, Earthquakes, Tsunami's and an endless list of other things that it would seem prudent to avoid being killed by?

Now you're simply being an alarmist--don't destroy any credibility you may have by comparing the flu to loaded shotguns and earthquakes and tsunamis and then implying that the risk of death from the flu is some high ratio to those who contract it. For certain groups, maybe, for the average American (which is where I live, so it's what I compare myself to), it's not.

We are not born with a "natural ability" to fight the flu either. We are born with an immune system that learns to target foreign invaders such as the flu.

There is nothing "innate" about the flu virus. It is a foreign, simple, biological organism that is continually adapting in an effort to kill us.

You have your biological science mixed up--our immune system IS our "natural ability" to fight the flu. Without it, we'd all die from the smallest infection. That's a pretty easy one to understand. I didn't say we were immune to the flu, as you're seemingly implying that I meant.

During the 1918 Flu Pandemic...

More alarmist garbage...and 100 years ago, there was a higher percentage of people injured by flying.

It's not the 19-teens anymore. Those statistics are irrelevant to our conversation concerning the current common flus and the vaccine.

If this is where you suggest arming everyone crammed into long distance flights with fully loaded shotguns is a good and safe idea, then this is where I give up any hope of rational discussion

Did anyone even remotely say that? No...stop being asinine in your own comments and then pretend that I'm being the irrational one.

My bottom line is that people have the right to choose to get vaccinated--if that affects their jobs, so be it. We have to weigh the pros and cons of everything in life, and this is no different. I just believe that someone should not go down without a fight if they truly feel strongly about avoiding the vaccine AND keeping their job. If you disagree, there's not point in continuing the discussion anyhow, as this isn't something where we can necessarily change eachother's mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Prezbo369
I can't change your perspective, but hoped in a desperate attempt to lighten the conversation I would set a few things straight. I did happen to get out of a mandatory flu shot and I'm the only one in the entire building who knows I did.

You say that asthough it's a good thing.....anyone that actually works in the health industry and thinks the same way as you should be removed from their positions...

What you perceive as the real threat, one person who takes great care of their health, is largely overshadowed by those who do provide direct hands on care to our residents. You will never negate 100% of the risk, especially when we have so many visitors coming and going. You were correct in saying that everyone does not have the resources or opportunity to do what I do, but that doesn't put me on some sort of pedestal.

No you put yourself on a pedestal when you decided to list the things you claim you do to stay healthy, as though it was some kind of qualification in regards to the thread topic.

And no of course you'll never remove 100% of the risk, that is just silly. But to then use that as a reason as to why you personally are not taking such precautions and indeed encouraging others to dodge and avoid immunizing themselves and their families.

I did say "I promise" in my original post to divulge my secret and will do so if I choose. It's called freedom of choice,
unlike what many of our resident aren't allowed to exercise.

Then your word isn't worth a damn.....im getting them impression you are massively misinformed about a great many things...

They get pumped with canned processed foods and medication, which to me is more like a prolonged death sentence than "living".

Yeah because youre a special snowflake that takes lots of herbs, and that of course makes you much healthier...

If came down with the flu or cold, I have the choice to remain home until it resides. Many who I work with do not. So who's the bad guy here? From your standpoint, I'll just be creating an army of invalids, spreading disease and killing people with compromised immune systems.

And where exactly do you think you would contract such an infection? also at home? so its neatly quarantined? it doesnt work like that...

If I decide to make the thread, It will be posted and I will not respond. If anyone wants to PM me, I will tell them. It might keep the pitchforks and torches to a minimum. The secret is more of an exploit and may not work in all situations though I don't see why it wouldn't.

You do that and you'll be making wherever it is you reside , a much worse place to live.......GJ!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You say that clearly not working in the healthcare industry and clearly not having a clue about flu and what is happening with the likes of tamiflu.

The only people flu "really" matters in is in the elderly (it has some 14% mortality rate) - and with them the only measure that is effective is containment (not letting people with the flu near them).

On top of that,
Being vaccinated is never in your personal interest
op12no2.me...

especially in a vaccination with significant doubt over its efficacy in preventing infection or serious complications
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

The lack of good evidence demonstrating an effect on complications agrees with the conservative conclusions on both drugs drawn by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA only allowed claims of effectiveness of both drugs for the prevention and treatment of symptoms of influenza and not for other effects (including the interruption of person-to-person spread of the influenza virus or prevention of pneumonia). The FDA described the overall performance of both drugs as 'modest'.

This is the result of corruption of one of their directors, and the only one who should be removed from their position is the guy or girl who took the envelope full of money to force this waste of money on the healthcare system.
edit on 8-4-2015 by mSparks43 because: add quote

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Proper funny how FUBAR the US healthcare system is.
You know you're in trouble when on average you pay 10 times the price for your service and get one tenth of the care of most of the rest of the world.

compulsory health insurance is a small step in fixing that, you guys still have a long way to go to catch up with the likes of Sweden, Cuba and France tho. (In France, part of the basic healthcare package is a nurse to come round to your house and do your wifes washing when she's pregnant, and they still pay less than you lot, sure as hell beats Americans refusing to get in an ambulance when they are having a heart attack because they don't want to lumber their family with the debt from their treatment).

Still, hardly a surprise when, for example, you are wasting so much money on drugs only ignorant people are allowed to call vaccinations, because their market authorisation forbids them from being called such, because they are not.
edit on 9-4-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mSparks43
You say that clearly not working in the healthcare industry and clearly not having a clue about flu and what is happening with the likes of tamiflu.

Are you claiming you do? well lets see...

The only people flu "really" matters in is in the elderly (it has some 14% mortality rate) - and with them the only measure that is effective is containment (not letting people with the flu near them).

oh......never mind....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

not sure what your point was.
www.cdc.gov...

In nursing homes, attack rates may be as high as 60%, with fatality rates as high as 30%.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

However harsh this sounds, I don't give a rats ass. But everyone,
even the elderly know, the elderly are going to die of something.
And all the pro vaccinators refuse to look at the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join