It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kalingrad watch towers to be installed along Polish border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk... Well there saying Russia recently deployed missiles to kalingrad so the Polish are building watch towers to monitor the situation.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The start of A future new iron curtain?

I feel like we have gone back to the 1980's

edit on 6-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
looks like Poland remembers Russian generosity from ww2.

Good on them.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

US simply wasn't damaging Russia enough through actions in Middle East

So they financed regime change in Kiev too

US now stands back as things heat up. Typical snake behaviour

America land of the Dragon, the beast
edit on 6-4-2015 by WineAndCheese9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineAndCheese9
a reply to: robbeh

US simply wasn't damaging Russia enough through actions in Middle East

So they financed regime change in Kiev too

US now stand back as things heat up. Typical snake behaviour

America land of the Dragon, the beast

If Russia keeps its troops inside its own borders, Poland will never attack.
You do understand that, correct?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

edit on 6-4-2015 by robbeh because: eyes need checked lol

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Do you understand that you will soon go broke and your European allies will soon go broke

How can you pay an adequate army when you gotta pay interest on Rothschild debt

Do you understand that Russia would not be your newest enemy if you hadn't been undermining Russian security 24/7

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

And what's going to happen when the USA stops buying everyone's junk...

Oh yeah everyone's economy goes down the drain... You better hope we keep limping along.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

US has placed Russia under sanctions at least when it comes to western countries

Russia and even China will do just fine without the US hydra parasite sucking on the world

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

Yea uh no... removing one of if not the largest consumer economies in the world will hit everyone.

I suck at economics and even I can see that. Try removing the partisan blinders.

In a few years it will probably be China or India but currently it's us.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, considering Russia is reordering its borders, I think Kaliningrad should be returned to Germany.

It's only Russian because it became a prize award for the Soviets and the entire German population either fled, or was removed to be replaced by good wholesome Russians and other "relocated" undesirables, including ironically from Ukraine! The Russians have intensively militarised the area.

Interestingly, Kaliningrad's proximity to the EU has meant the area has benefited significantly and the population have better standards of living and life chances than their fellow Russians back east. There's a lesson in that!

Kaliningrad article
edit on 6/4/2015 by paraphi because: Added link

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Germany needs to reclaim their historical territory and send the Russians back home.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You think that your comment is sarcastic, yet I think you are unaware that Poland greatly expanded as a result of Soviet invasion to German Nazi Reich. Most likely the place where they are going to build those towers is also part of East Prussia annexed to Poland after ww2.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Let's start from EU first. Germany instead of forming another exclave far from modern Germany will try to receive adjacent lands annexed and occupied by Poland. Poland can try to receive back from Ukraine Lviv from Eastern Ukraine or may be even claim Vilno the capital of Lithuania back.

I also wouldn't mind if Poland gives back to Chech Republic small part of Sudetenland which they annexed in 1938.
edit on 6-4-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The start of A future new iron curtain?

I feel like we have gone back to the 1980's

Putin never left, and he wants to drag us all back.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Infact Russia has to watch out for "Greater Poland" in its vicinity. That would threaten Russian interests in a similar or even more severe manner than a hostile Ukraine would.

However, about time and I think it has already happened in the minds of Kremlin advisors...............that it be understood that today's and future's geopolitics will be much guided by economics rather than military factors. Stronger economics gives rise to more powerful military industries and innovation.

Regarding the US debt being more than 100% of its GDP.............while that is a worrisome factor but till the time economic growth numbers are positive, the huge debt levels should not matter in a critical sense. However, once the economic growth stalls like Japan since early 1990s, then the debt will act as a rapid catalyst bringing the whole structure down. The currency will strongly devalue and those holding the USD bonds will suffer immensely. That might trigger a military war.

Unfortunately US governments and various administrations have shown little concern and efforts to reduce the debt in a traditional old fashioned manner. Some say under Obama the US debt has even doubled. Till the time leadership sincerity is lacking the US economic books will look shabby and indebted.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Aliensun

Do you understand that you will soon go broke and your European allies will soon go broke

How can you pay an adequate army when you gotta pay interest on Rothschild debt

Do you understand that Russia would not be your newest enemy if you hadn't been undermining Russian security 24/7

You do not need to run faster than the bear.....I love puns. Yep the west will go bankrupt but Russia will be bankrupt long before that point.

Look at the cost of living in Russia....I wonder how much longer the people can bare this stress.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

wishful thinking

need I remind you that Russia and China don't owe money or operate Rothschild Banks

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

need I remind you that Russia and China don't owe money or operate Rothschild Banks

In your own words, what is a Rothschild Bank? Is the Bank of England a Rosthchild Bank? If so, how can that be? Think it through. Remember, in your own words.

Back to OP. With Russia going to the dogs, is there an independence movement in Kaliningrad? As they benefit significantly from their proximity to the EU, they probably fear an increasingly authoritarian Russia. Would Russia support a referendum for the enclave to join Poland or Germany? How would Russia act if Poland "moved in" and conducted a referendum? I doubt they would be happy, but have the Russians not set the precedent?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

ANY BANK which includes the bank of England, that prints currency and lends it to the government at interest payable to said bank.

Is a Rothschild style Private Central Bank.

Bank of Japan, ECB, FED, BANK of England, and many others.

The latest addition is bank of Libya LLLOLLLL not a joke

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join