It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Rhode Island need a Geo-engineering Act?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My point is, don't State and Federal statutes deal with just about every type of air pollution that already exists?

So this act is designed to include now pollution that could have harmful effects on humans, animals, structures etc from geo-engineering, but also includes previous forms of pollution.

It specifically lists "aluminum oxide particles" from geo-engineering schemes. I don't think they are referring to aluminum in the atmosphere from "brake pads" as debunkers would have you believe the cause of such.

So how did this glut of aluminum oxide find its way into the atmosphere?

Well some will come up with "the emperor's clothes look good" kind of explanations, but those of us who are not socially conditioned know of course it is chemtrails.

Geo-engineering Act

edit on 5-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

It specifically lists "aluminum oxide particles" from geo-engineering schemes. I don't think they are referring to aluminum in the atmosphere from "brake pads" as debunkers would have you believe the cause of such. So how did this glut of aluminum oxide find its way into the atmosphere?

Cloud seeding ?
I don't think the existence of this is controversial -

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UmbraSumus

It specifically lists "aluminum oxide particles" from geo-engineering schemes. I don't think they are referring to aluminum in the atmosphere from "brake pads" as debunkers would have you believe the cause of such. So how did this glut of aluminum oxide find its way into the atmosphere?

Cloud seeding ?

Once science understood that our atmospheric clouds were actually created by high amounts of cosmic rays interacting with our atmosphere and that the Sun spot activity that caused an increase in solar activity caused those cosmic rays from interacting they decided to try and cloud the sky themselves to help cool the planet as clouds do.

But they forgot those cosmic rays do more than cause clouds to form they are essential to the cooling of our planet in other ways yet unknown. so when they seeded the atmosphere, with God knows what, their clouds did not cool but caused a warming affect. Hence the sense of global warming took over and they had to blame something and that was the petro/pharma-conglomerates.

However, it was the fact that the unknown was not figured into the mess. the cosmic rays play more of a role on our planet than just causing clouds to form.

So find out who it is that authorized the cloud seeding and you will have your culprit for global warming.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

by seeding the sky with aluminum particles they had hoped to reflect some of the solar activity that had been ongoing until recent. But what they did was create an oven effect and in affect caused global warming since the 1970's when they first started cloud seeding.

edit on 5-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

no. Please try to understand cloud seeding. It's not something you do at 25-35 thousand feet. It works (if it even works at all) on rain clouds. Those are much lower in the sky. and in order for cloud seeding to work, you have to have clouds to seed.

In the point of the OP,

7 climate change, including global warning. Such actions may include, but are not limited to, the
8 following:
9 (i) Attempts to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere; and
10 (ii) Solar radiation management or cloud whitening, or similar process whereby aerosols,
11 particles, chemicals, gases, vapors, or other compounds are injected into the atmosphere to reflect
12 a portion of the sun's radiation back into space.

So yea, they are talking about the proposed ideas of SRM and geo-engineering just as David Keith and his group have been discussing. I still don't see anything pointing to this being done at the moment, but it's interesting to have this protection in place.

question: are there EVER any persistent contrails in Rode Island?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The reason for having a geoengineering act - or any other regulation - is pretty simple - if there is no regulation then anyone is free to do as they wish, any time, and there's no legal comeback.

Aluminium oxide doesn't come from brake pads AFAIK - that is where barium comes from...at least in part.

Aluminium comes from ordinary rocks - the aluminium beloved of people testing rainwater and shouting "there's too much" isn't necessarily aluminium oxide - it is much more likely to be aluminium in basic dirt dust - since about 60% of rocks on the crust are varieties of feldspar, what contain aluminum as part of their chemical makeup.

ETA:

The reason for having this is exactly as it says in its text:

23-23.8-4. Declaration of geoengineering policy. -- (a) With respect to geoengineering
18 as described in this chapter, the general assembly declares that while the use of geoengineering to
19 address climate change and global warming is a topic worthy for both scientific and other public
20 investigation and debate, its implementation and use should be strictly regulated by the state at
21 this time. Such regulation must include the opportunity for input and comment from the general
22 public, as well as from the medical, environmental, and scientific communities.
23 (b) Air quality, air pollution, and the level of air contaminants, must be monitored to
24 ensure geoengineering programs are not implemented without public consent.
25 (c) Tests must be performed on a continuous basis to ascertain levels of proposed and
26 known chemicals, particles, gases, metals, other compounds, and materials to ensure that these
27 programs are not implemented without public consent.

All of which is entirely true and quite reasonable AFAIK.

Sadly it gets into a some nonsense:

aluminum oxide particles (gases),

Aluminium oxide particles cannot be gasses at atmospheric temperatures!!

I also note that this has not passed - it has been "Referred for further study" - which is one of the responses available to (see about midway through this PP)

I look forward to reading whatever the study comes back with.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UmbraSumus

Cloud seeding ?

Cloud seeding has been around for decades, so no I don't think this legislation was written in response to that.

They mention Geo-engineering schemes, the only one I know like that is chemtrailing by jets. I wonder how long it will take for other jurisdictions to realize this is an issue and come up with their own new statutes to protect themselves from this.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

I'm not aware of any 'glut' of aluminium oxide in the atmosphere. Do you have a source for this claim?

Sounds like something everyone should know about!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy

I'm not aware of any 'glut' of aluminium oxide in the atmosphere. Do you have a source for this claim?

It seems to be one of the main reasons for this act, as the term "aluminum oxide(s)" is mentioned a few times, and as I mentioned and is certainly the case all other forms of air pollution are already addressed in either state or federal statutes.

Maybe you should ask Monsanto, for it is no secret they have developed aluminum resistant seeds, even discussed on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the bunk that aluminum resistant seeds have been developed because of the aluminum in the earth? Ha, what a joke! Why.......well......even though there is much aluminum in the earth's crust, chemically it is bound very tightly with other elements, and is one of the most difficult metals to extract from other minerals. So difficult in fact, that 200 years ago it was more rare than gold and silver.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Maybe you should ask Monsanto, for it is no secret they have developed aluminum resistant seeds, even discussed on here:

And for the bunk that aluminum resistant seeds have been developed because of the aluminum in the earth? Ha, what a joke! Why.......well......even though there is much aluminum in the earth's crust, chemically it is bound very tightly with other elements, and is one of the most difficult metals to extract from other minerals. So difficult in fact, that 200 years ago it was more rare than gold and silver.

Aluminium ions are not particularly rare when the soil is acidic - it is aluminium ions that are toxic - not aluminium oxide.

Eg see this pdf:

Acid soils limit crop production on 30-40% of the world’s arable land and up to 70% of the world’s potentially arable land (Haug, 1983). Although the poor fertility of acid soils is due to a combination of mineral toxicities (aluminum and manganese) and deficiencies (phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and molybdenum), Al toxicity is the single most important
factor, being a major constraint for crop production on 67% of the total acid soil area (Eswaran et al., 1997). Therefore,
this chapter will focus on Al toxicity.

Or tthis from Washington State U:

Soil acidity has a dramatic impact on most chemical and biological processes. In plants, soil acidity can cause aluminum toxicity that leads to severe yield reductions.

Or there's a whole raft of articles available on the subject of aluminium toxicity via google scholar that you can read to get some factual information on the subject so you don't have to repeat nonsense any more.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

They mention Geo-engineering schemes, the only one I know like that is chemtrailing by jets. I wonder how long it will take for other jurisdictions to realize this is an issue and come up with their own new statutes to protect themselves from this.

I think you should educate yourself a bit better to understand what geo-engineering ideas exist before you become frightened of clouds.

What makes those contrails in your picture "chemtrails?"

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

And for the bunk that aluminum resistant seeds have been developed because of the aluminum in the earth? Ha, what a joke!

There's not much one can do for those who wilfully embrace ignorance.

Can I ask why you refuse to accept science?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

They mention Geo-engineering schemes, the only one I know like that is chemtrailing by jets.

They mention that geoengineering and climate remediation is a process that is in experimental stages.

Only want to see what you want to see, don't you?

Let's say for a moment that you're correct, and chemtrails are geoengineering, now that this bill has passed, that would mean that there will be no chemtrails over Rhode Island ever again, right?

Are you happy with that assertion?

edit on 6/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy

It seems to be one of the main reasons for this act, as the term "aluminum oxide(s)" is mentioned a few times, and as I mentioned and is certainly the case all other forms of air pollution are already addressed in either state or federal statutes.

So you're not aware of any glut of aluminium oxide in the atmosphere either?
edit on 6-4-2015 by mrthumpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I didn't realize a more acidic soil environment can liberate more bound aluminum, that is interesting - but anyways, pardon me, we did get off topic and I realize that may be my fault.

I still find it interesting that Rhode Island is considering this act, given that any other type of air pollution is covered by state and federal statutes.

What are they so worried about?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They mention that geoengineering and climate remediation is a process that is in experimental stages.

Here is a patent for literally making a chemtrail out of a contrail, it states it right in the patent. I believe these patents were submitted in the mid-70's. Geez, its 40 years later, the earth is supposed to be heating up, and you think they are still playing around with this technology? One of the supposedly important issues to mankind and this tech is still in the development stage?

edit on 6-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Here is a patent for literally making a chemtrail out of a contrail, it states it right in the patent.

Not quite. It's for target practice.

The term contrail? was adopted for convenience in identifying the visible powder trail of this invention. Aircraft target vehicles are used to simulate aerial threats for missile tests and often fly at altitudes between 5,000 and 20,000 feet at speeds of 300 and 400 knots or more.
www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Here is a patent for literally making a chemtrail out of a contrail, it states it right in the patent.

Here's a debunking of that supposed chemtrail generator.

www.metabunk.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well that one didn't last long.

I await the goal post shift...

I'm calling this Maxwell Smart Syndrome

"Would you believe...."

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I bet it has something to do with fracking. It would make the most sense that geo-engineering laws would be passed to deal with the horrendous amounts of by products that get into the water table from fracking operations.

Even the EPA was paid off to not look at the ground water when they released their report on Fracking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join