It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we started a free-to air ATS television channel(The ATS channel)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What if we started a free-to air ATS television channel? We crowd funded it as a community and licensed the rights to use their logo/name etc? Rent space on several radio telecommunications towers near major cities and broadcasted digital HD free to air conspiracy themed programming to the masses. Free.

It would probably rely on donations like pbs. What do you think?

How long until the establishment tries to shut this down?(airing obama deception, builderberg and non-dare not call it conspiracy)
edit on 4-4-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You would need millions or it would be an awful channel..
Which would counter Productive to the ats brand.

To be honest they are struggling to fund and run the site already.
edit on 4/4/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Renting space on a tower is not that expensive and the ad spots would handle most of the costs if your airing in the top 10 media markets in north america.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
You would need millions or it would be an awful channel..
counter Productive to the ats brand

Do you remember the conspiracy channel in the uk on sky a few years back, I forget the name.

It was low budget but actually pretty good.

Modern tech means that HD and editing is far easier and cheaper than it used to be.

NLBS looks pretty good although I personally disagree with the content

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

TV channels are dying species... Nowadays everyone is going to YouTube and streaming.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Renting space on a tower is not that expensive and the ad spots would handle most of the costs if your airing in the top 10 media markets in north america.

Surely it would have to be a streaming service?

Conventional TV is on its way out anyway?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think Democracy Now started out as Independently funded network , look what happen to them .

Rumor has it they ended up being control'd by the MSM.

edit on 4-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

A chum of mine with Sky does/did get some channel that showed a lurid anti NWO/conspiracy type show by a chap called Deek something or other. It was pretty entertaining to be fair, even if the content was sometimes just daft nonsense. It sure didnt look like too much cash was spent on it, but the presenter had some verve so it worked.

ETA: OP - this is my roundabout way of saying "it could work, not a bad idea"

edit on 4-4-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It can be apart of a much larger television service. You can pick your channels. Unlike normal broadcast tv.

Only one drawback is you can only pick a independent channel but not a nbc,cbs,abc,fox,viacom owned channel.(they sell them in blocks not individual channels)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

what about the costs of making the shows? Especially have to fill the air time Assuming your goING to be broadcasting 24 hours 7 days.
The costs and manpower involved would be huge.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I like this idea. While we have a local 24 hour news channel, it is for cable only. I do think there is still some demand for a good 24 hour news channel for the air waves. Also I do not think it would be prohibitively expensive to have an online broadcast also.

I would like to volunteer as a weatherman/surf forecaster.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

A chum of mine with Sky does/did get some channel that showed a lurid anti NWO/conspiracy type show by a chap called Deek something or other. It was pretty entertaining to be fair, even if the content was sometimes just daft nonsense. It sure didnt look like too much cash was spent on it, but the presenter had some verve so it worked.

ETA: OP - this is my roundabout way of saying "it could work, not a bad idea"

If its the same Deek your talking about I forget his name but it was called the Fkin news.

Started off as a youtube channel and made it to late night sattelite tv.

I was amazed that it got there but not suprised it did not last, far to close to the bone and pretty explicit.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

To be honest that channel was terrible and nlbs what is that? A short video once a week? (Really not sure as I don't watch it)
Imagine having to fill an entire shedule of original programs..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

To be honest that channel was terrible and nlbs what is that? A short video once a week? (Really not sure as I don't watch it)
Imagine having to fill an entire shedule of original programs..

It was pretty low budget but better than the one we don't have now IMO.

Some of it was embarresing for all concerned but I saw some pretty good stuff on there and it was better than eastenders for sure.

What I meant about NLBS is that it's low budget but manages to look ok, modern computing power means that semi pro results can be achived in a home enviroment.

I would love to see some ATS members putting content out there personally.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Maybe a better solution would be to start a youtube channel for members to post content.
that way you would eliminate the huge costs of running a tv station... and the logistics would be far easier too.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Then again we already have a platform for doing that which is the ats site itself..
and not many people are doing that at the moment, although there was that guy doing it a few years ago.. can't remember his name. .. actually what happened to him?
edit on 4/4/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am a little suprised that there is not one that has taken off already but the question of anninomity(pretty sure thats spelled wrong it's saturday night) Would make a lot of members worried.

Not me though I'd be up for it

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Do you really need original content when you can air conspiracy documentaries 24/7?

With the massive ad revenue you can purchases original programming from studios.

Hiring network producers and staff,satellite uplinks,etc is where its going to be expensive.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

How about.... no!
It would end up being a politics channel.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Do you really need original content when you can air conspiracy documentaries 24/7?

With the massive ad revenue you can purchases original programming from studios.

Hiring network producers and staff,satellite uplinks,etc is where its going to be expensive.

You wouldn't get massive ad revenue without original programs..
unless you are showing well known highly regarded shows For example friends. no one is going to pay good money to advertise and associate themselves with a new conspiracy channel showing re runs of old conspiracy Documentaries which let's be honest mist people consider ridiculous. .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join