It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Survives Trip To Black Hole

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
A mysterious object that looks like an infrared "cloud" was on its way to the biggest black hole in the Galaxy - Sagittarius A*, the Core black hole. Dubbed "G2", the mystery object was expected to be torn apart during its flying by of A*.

But to our general surprise, the mystery object G2 survived the trip - in fact, its trajectory became rather intriguing.

From www.skyandtelescope.com... :

Although many stars and gas streamers crowd in near the black hole, objects generally have nondescript, elliptical orbits around that central beast. But G2 follows a “supersquinched ellipse,” making a beeline for the black hole, whipping around it, and shooting straight back out again, says galactic center researcher Daryl Haggard (Amherst College).

Below is a picture of the stars orbiting A*, and their projected positions.

The G2 cloud was discovered in 2011 in this vicinity.

Scientists believe that the cloud itself could hide a star, explaining why it held coherence as it swung by the supermassive black hole:

One team, led out of the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Germany, favors the cloud idea; the other, out of the University of California, Los Angeles, favors the star idea.

The mystery still stands.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Aliens using the black hole as a slingshot?
Give one Hell of a kick, save fuel and time. At least that's what I'd like to think. Think of the size of that ship if we can detect it from here!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The crystalline Entity ?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
The crystalline Entity ?

What has that pesky Lor been up to?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Greathouse
The crystalline Entity ?

What has that pesky Lor been up to?

Same old same old " The rain of biological lifeforms is at a end...."

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow...

Wish I could say I was smart enough to fully comprehend this occurrence.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
how can it make a 'bee line' and then avoid the blackholes event horizon, are they sure it heads directly towards it on a collision source . or is this just patronising baby talk to the masses ? and a bad usage of the phrase 'bee line'

funbox

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here is a simulation of the gas cloud...

www.eso.org...

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

(Shades of Interstellar) A bee line may be that of the bee flying hungrily along, zooming in on a tulip with all its might, when, suddenly, the tulip's gravity bowl flicks the bee aside like a mite, throwing it into another trajectory and allowing it to see an orchid-of-magnificent-aesthetic (the fabled 'Polka-Dot Orchid of Tasmania), which then fully takes the bees attention on a bee line towards it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You still don't understand a black hole has many different forms other than being a giant trash compactor, do you?

in any case. My guess is. It's the Borg. I told them where I was at.

They're on their way here. Last I heard, they're arriving in November.

The Borg's new team motto:
"Resistance is... Well.. you know... Ill advised but you're probably going to do it anyways, so feel free to try, as we enjoy a good challenge."

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

'as the crow fly's' might have been a more accurate description , bees just look like they've had to much of the amber nectar, a simple journey to the tulip could be thrice the distance, although ide like to see a crow land on a tulip.

funbox

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri
a reply to: swanne

You still don't understand a black hole has many different forms other than being a giant trash compactor, do you?

You try a flyby of one of these some times.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

You are referring to the possibility of the existence of wormholes with black holes as ends?
It is my understanding that only some black holes can mathematically allow for the formation of a wormhole, aka, tunnel in spacetime which acts as a shortcut through a local curvature. See, the singularity has infinite mass energy, which destroys anything that would try and pass through. So, if one wants to survive the passage inside a black hole, the black hole's singularity must be like a ring and/or kept open with exotic matter.

in any case. My guess is. It's the Borg. I told them where I was at.

They're on their way here.

"We are the Borgs. Your specie's characteristics will be assimilated to our own. Resistance is futile. "

Yeah, right. They better be ready for me. Madness and Borgs do not mix well.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well it's not entirely impossible that we
A: Don't understand Black Holes like we thought we did.
or
B: Maybe there is no such thing as a Blackhole nor is there one
at the center of some galaxies.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

B: Maybe there is no such thing as a Blackhole nor is there one
at the center of some galaxies.

The thing has a mass of 4.6 millions times that of the Sun's, all that compacted into a radius of only 100 AU.

You say it's maybe not a black hole... What else can it be?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Give one Hell of a kick, save fuel and time. At least that's what I'd like to think. Think of the size of that ship if we can detect it from here!

That object is doing exactly as does long-period comets that zip into our sun and move around it in a tight orbit before they move back out into deep space along virtually the same track they came in on.

We call such comets "sungrazers."
edit on 4-4-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

That object is doing exactly as does long-period comets that zip into our sun and move around it in a tight orbit before they move back out into deep space along virtually the same track they came in on.

We call such comets "sungrazers."

So this is a HOLE grazer then lol.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That would mean it travels subluminally, which is incredibly slow. They are not saving anything going this route.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a black hole again proven not to be a hole, but a black body absorting light, not reflecting it, making it hard to reach back earth with the information brought to us by light..... we would not know of a blackhole if nothing reached us back...
we would just see everything around it.... ill just wait another 300 years for science to finally get it...

hawking radiation proves theres no hole to me but what ever....
i think light has a maximum distance it can travel, hence background radiation, and people mistakingly
thought of a geocentric universe instead of helio centric,...

there actually IS a blackhole at the centre of our universe sgt. A, this is where al our matter comes from, ( all matter in our known universe came from the bigbang... which is the REAL universal timezone, we should not impose earths timing of our earth around our sun universally, when we were to reach another solar system would we not locally determin the time zone by looking at the interaction of local planets with ITS own local respective star or sun?)

an exploding sun that no longer emits light, so now non emitting black body. (but still has alot of mass so gravitanional forces can be seen like the bending of light around it) this exploding star contained all our known matter, and explaines the ratio of solid and non-solid matter aswell. to me black matter is matter that consists of well small particles that do not emit light... black matter...
energy inside black matter must be the heat these small particles can hold, hence the force is weak..
|magnetism to me seems to work on relative heats. (also a weak force)

Einstein said energy is movement, i say yes....
energy is movement, of matter (in visible solid form on human scale but also invisible non-solid,undevideble so non emitting form), (photons to me are packets of matter traveling together ejecting mass thats burning, which needs temperature and complex atom configurations like oxygen formed under atmopheric pressure, both present on earth but NOT in space DUH??))) flowing in a direction between relative temperatures, heat or energy can only cool down when no new energy is beeing put in the system) we only see reflected light, the sun is our only direct source of light. this is why we think the speed of light is constant, it is only measured on earth under atmospheric pressure lol (when we laser we hit the atmosphere twice, one outgoing and one stream incomming) we can not measure the speed of direct incomming starlight like a police officer with a lasergun has to make multiple measurements from the side of the road to get an AVERAGE speed, we measure with a laser sent by us... from under atmopsheric pressure therfore always immediatly limited to a certain speed of light INSIDE an atmosphere, we can not speed up light after we have sent it, we only measure particles at CERN as fast as WE ourselves can speed them up lol.... think about it stars are invisible directly in space, i think light becomes light as soon as it gets in contact or friction with earth thicker atmosphere. see wikipedia for a picture of the blue glow around our planet, light cools off in space -270 degrees, turning invisible, no more light intensity we can "see" , yet it still travels tru space, with different suns, and different ejection speeds, we do not measure in space we measure on earth.... but whatever... i cant get this to even be considered
see wikipedia a picture on the stratosphere the border where light becomes light by friction, the planet earth becomes more and more solid, all the way UP to the earths core, which is the hottest, heat from there has the longest way to travel before it can cool and become energyless, black.
for the same reasons can we never proof faster than C travel, we never have 2 or more points of measure, we do not know when the pilot releases its throttle, and thus where it " should" re appear.... i would do this behind the moon but whatever.
edit on 5-4-2015 by dennisarends because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dennisarends

That's actually exactly how they know it's there. We can't see it, we see what's around it ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join