It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Been Two Years Away From a Nuclear Weapon for Three Decades

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I came across this article in the Atlantic, that details some history of Iran's nuclear weapons program. With the news today of some tentative agreement(s) between the White House and Iran, I was poking around and came across the assertion that for the past thirty years Iran has "almost" had a nuclear weapon. The article states:

The April 24, 1984, edition of the British defense publication Jane’s Defence Weekly informed its readers: “Iran is engaged in the production of an atomic bomb, likely to be ready within two years, according to press reports in the Persian Gulf last week.” Subsequent warnings from U.S. and foreign sources about Iran’s imminent acquisition of a nuclear weapon have been offered over the past four decades. These false guesses are worth bearing in mind as news from the nuclear negotiations in Lausanne, Switzerland, emerges.

You know, if a date wasn't attached I could swear that I was hearing something from today's news! Considering that was said some 30 years ago, it seems that Iran makes a very good "boogey man". I can remember growing up hearing Rush Limbaugh play a parody of the song "Bob Bob Bob A ran" by the Beach Boys, changed to "Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran".

But what about that nuclear program? I mean, we know that Iran has nuclear aspirations, right? Well according to the article:

It is essential to recognize that Iran does not currently have a nuclear-weapons program, nor does it possess a nuclear weapon. On February 26, James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, told the Senate Armed Services Committee that Ayatollah Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran, ended his country’s nuclear weapons program in 2003 and “as far as we know, he’s not made the decision to go for a nuclear weapon.” This repeats the “high-confidence” judgment of the U.S. intelligence community (IC) that was first made in November 2007. Clapper added that Iran “wants to preserve options across the capabilities it would take to build [a nuclear weapon], but right now they don’t have one, and have not made that decision.”

To repeat: Iran does not currently have a nuclear-weapons program, nor does it possess a nuclear weapon. So when a politician, analyst, or pundit mentions an Iranian “nuclear-weapons program,” they are referring to a program that the intelligence community is not aware of.

Wait, I'm kind of confused? Does anyone remember this famous picture?

That was in 2012, and Iran still doesn't have a nuclear weapon. Why are we allowing ourselves to continually be lied to? I mean, North Korea build a nuclear bomb, and it's not like North Korea is somehow technologically superior to Iran. If Iran really wanted to have a nuclear weapon, they would have had one far before North Korea.

So what's going on? Why are we being lead to believe Iran is "just moments" away from becoming a nuclear power? I truly believe in using history to predict the future. If past events can foreshadow the future, I'd say we really have made a mountain out of a mole hill with Iran.

The article finishes with:

While Iran has no bomb or nuclear-weapons program, nine other countries do, including five that also signed the NPT. Under the treaty, the five signatories pledge to “pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating … to nuclear disarmament.” So while the world is focused on the nonproliferation requirements of a country with zero bombs, keep in mind the promises that remain unfulfilled from those countries with 9,835 of bombs, as well as the four countries that are nuclear outliers.

Article

Things to chew on folks...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
But ... but ... but ... don't you know, citizen?

We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
haha, aint that the truth. 10yrs in a row now Irans been 12 months from a bomb.

its an absolute load of crap! right wing psychotic zionists in Israel and the republicans dont want a deal because Iran is next. if iran get a bomb their middle east take over-agenda goes bye bye

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's good that some undercover operations have been able to keep this thing contained for so long !!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

They damn well should pursue nukes. It's the only known way to keep the US from invading, bombing, threatening and otherwise trying to assimilate you into the western banking cartel.
edit on 2-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

In terms of game theory, they would be horribly stupid not to join the country club.
edit on 2-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

" Iran's Been Two Years Away From a Nuclear Weapon for Three Decades "

The Reality of that is they Probably have Had the " Bomb " for at Least a Year Now.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Reality of that is they Probably have Had the " Bomb " for at Least a Year Now.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If they had a bomb, they would have had to test a prototype. As soon as Iran conducted a nuclear test, they'd be toast and they know it.

We knew the moment N. Korea achieved nuclear status, and it wouldn't be any different with Iran.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Never heard of AQ Khan?
Daily Telegraph

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

And you'd think in 30 years Iran could have hired that guy to get them to where North Korea is now, but somehow haven't?

I want to know how a country like North Korea was allowed to develop a nuclear bomb, but in over 30 years Iran still hasn't.
edit on 2-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The sad thing is US neocons and Israeli Zionists will eventually hit Iran

As if their hands are not blood soaked already

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Considering the power and influence that centered around G Bush Sr. from way back as CIA director and how the CIA grew in scope, all those compartmented and still totally unknown to the public operations and then look at the good old boys network growing all around that. Then think of other politicians who began and abruptly ended after they ran into that Bush power parlay, which shows their power was the kind that can "end" anyone and never even get noticed enough to begin to confront it. This has to do with their oil ties, big banks, and nation building to the degree that Bush's CIA (which is still Bush's CIA) that same big network of "ball players" And all the false enemies they promoted as enemies but were all friends.
So maybe these "bad guys" are only bad guys because it keeps that humongous money machine turning. Bush's silent baton tossing to Obama> then the same game continues. and so on, and so on.

Who are the only true victims? The American population. They have one thing they do a lot of, and that is telling us who our enemies are, and one of those is Iran's nuke they almost have.

They have these "Cash cows" spread around the globe like pick-up sticks and they beat one and then the other and keep moving around the game board and beat those cash cows and wait for the money to gush out in the form of we the people giving away our money so that good old boy network can keep on working it, and we are the ones being played.

I wonder how much money some of our good old boys have in offshore accounts (Hillary too) from selling the gullibility of the American people to other countries to go along with their little games while we pay for it all. Big bankers and the politicians that they use to facilitate it all upon us. They get rich, and we get poor. They have gotten so fat and drunk from it all that now they are coming up with highly absurd things just to see if we take the bait and jump on board.

People in high places are laughing pretty loud at the American people and we pay them and entertain them all at the same time for making it all possible, but we aren't supposed to know that.

That Clinton foundation scam was working real good until it sort of got exposed but quietly disappeared almost, and no one is in prison yet, but there are a LOT of dead people.

I wonder how many people are dead from the game the Obama group are still playing?

The Bush game is reaping steady income streams in lucrative residual fashion for lots of people who know how to keep their mouths shut and no one is saying much about that these days.

The stealth game of false flags and fake enemies is still running, but the game runners have gotten sloppy. Some today must have bets on who can be the most blatant about screwing us over and still get away with tons of money and stay away from Leavenworth.

Is it all true? I think most people know that some of it has been already been exposed (then covered back up) as true.

They will start rolling more snake eyes (making big mistakes), and then we will see how much of the above proves to be true.

We know for sure now that Hillary and Bill are dirtier than 1,000 Rod Blagovich's

How dirty is Obama? Well, he still has the house that the Chicago Mafia gave him in trade for "presidential level services"

Who is spending those trillions that was lost so conveniently years ago? Trillions disappear with no trace when all the records are deleted by everyone playing in that good old boy network game. No other way for that much money to be lost. It just is not possible that it could stay lost without a whole lot of shut mouths and happy spenders.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

But But But 9/11?

edit on 3-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So it's official

Time slows down when you hate.

2 years becomes 30 years..

Interesting.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

...and they still havent used it...hm...go figure. I thought once they have it.. rhey will go nuts on the world...nuking countries left and right

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

How Many People in the U.S. have a Conceal /Carry Gun License , But have Never Fired their Weapon in Public ? My Point being , it's THERE If you Really Need it , and Need is Always Pending.............

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If they had a bomb, they would have had to test a prototype. As soon as Iran conducted a nuclear test, they'd be toast and they know it.

We knew the moment N. Korea achieved nuclear status, and it wouldn't be any different with Iran.

I think the Iranians are playing this out perfectly. Why should they test a prototype?

They are in a far better position watching NetyanJerkoff discredit himself two years at a time.

Cheers.
edit on 3-4-2015 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What's the problem with Iran having a nuclear bomb ?Several dictatorship countrys have it .Who is the U.S. to decide who can have it or not.An occupying country like Israël can have it , but a muslim country cannot ?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
With the new Iran deal being attacked by right-wing conservatives, and a misinformed American public, I thought I'd bump this thread of mine back to the front page.

If backwards, starving North Korea can build a bomb -- I'm pretty sure Iran could have had one if they wanted many years ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yeah its July.............still no bomb.............

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join