It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious airfield appears in the UAE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Funny how the picture on the link looks like a circuit on a board.

Ever see "Koyaanisqatsi"?

Cities are built like circuits… we are bits.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's laid out already, you can see it. And yes there is a problem with clearance.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
As far as scale of the large "hangars" at the top of the photo we can compare them to the small single fighter shelters appearing at the bottom left of the base complex.

I am missing something here. Where exactly are the "large hangars" at the top of the photo? I see what appears to be ongoing construction of a large cement pad, about 3500 ft. x 1400 ft. according to GE. I guess from the construction of taxiways there might be hangars constructed there, but hell - they could build all kinds of stuff on that pad.
edit on 4-4-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Not the first time people have been fooled on GE looking down at a base. A lot of people thought that Wake Island's pads were shelters (including me). Sometimes it's hard to tell what's building, and what's not. In this case, without the concrete poured, it did look like a large building.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Not the first time people have been fooled on GE looking down at a base. A lot of people thought that Wake Island's pads were shelters (including me). Sometimes it's hard to tell what's building, and what's not. In this case, without the concrete poured, it did look like a large building.

Maybe this, west of the "pad"?
It appears it might be construction of 3 hangars, about 250 ft. square?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Could eventually be one very large hangar as well, split into sections.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I see what appears to be ongoing construction of a large cement pad, about 3500 ft. x 1400 ft. according to GE.

Unless 'cement pads' are tall enough to cast shadows, those are raised structures of some kind. My best guess is something like these, only a lot bigger.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I see what appears to be ongoing construction of a large cement pad, about 3500 ft. x 1400 ft. according to GE.

Unless 'cement pads' are tall enough to cast shadows, those are raised structures of some kind. My best guess is something like these, only a lot bigger.

Please. You can see small dirt ramps leading up on the concrete sections. i.e. ramps for the cement trucks.
And follow the road on the east side, up to the CONCRETE PLANT.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Please. You can see small dirt ramps leading up on the concrete sections. i.e. ramps for the cement trucks.

Fine. I'll look, can you link your pic of it? Your view is a bit better than OP or article. "Mysterious Location" of US bomber base?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Of course it's a US base. No other country is worried about conflicts with anyone and would build a base for their own use, in their own country.

Oh wait, it's those occupying American troops building it, right?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh wait, it's those occupying American troops building it, right?

Or an "ally" (lackey).

Link to location?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Or, just maybe, their building it for their own reasons. Oh wait, I keep forgetting they're not able to do anything on their own and do everything on orders from Washington.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No link, huh? Now I know its a US base.

What a jip.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The link is in the OP. Go read it. There aren't many details about it, because it's not complete.

That's a hell of a leap in "logic" you have. But then you always do. You'll always find some way to twist everything into the fault of the US.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No link, huh? Now I know its a US base.

What a jip.

Really were you aware the UAE has expanded other airbases as well. They are concerned about an attack from Iran and are currently in a program to upgrade their air capabilities. In my opinion this is a support base they need somewhere they van ship supplies to notice the large ramp to quickly unload aupplies. Fighters in this case seem to be for protection keeping them on deck and ready to go under sun shields.

UAE has a problem any military supplies shipped from Saudi Arabia is minutes away from an attack by Iran. The Location alone tells us why the base is there. Easy access for Saudis not easy for Iran. With the recent stance SaudI Arabia and the EAU took against Iran not surprising they would build up their infrastructure.
edit on 4/5/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Zoom in on it, and point out where it's raised up. Sure looks flat to me.
edit on 4/5/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Fine. I'll look, can you link your pic of it? Your view is a bit better than OP or article. "Mysterious Location" of US bomber base?

Download Google Earth, it's free. And the coordinates are in this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Really were you aware the UAE has expanded other airbases as well. They are concerned about an attack from Iran and are currently in a program to upgrade their air capabilities.

Aww crap, I know the dogma.

Iran isn't attacking anybody. The base won't be used to defend from Iran, but to attack it. Thanks for clarifying that.
edit on 5-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Shading is the same as all other structures appearing in the pic (the black parts). The only things not casting shadows are the runway and connecting taxiways and pads.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

And the coordinates are in this thread.

Where? You already brought a zoomed pic but can't link that…

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join