It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans as pets for AI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I've been saying this for a long time on ATS and have been roundly ridiculed for saying it.
But I think it is a coming reality and coming much sooner than people realize.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ors.html

Could robots turn people into PETS? Elon Musk claims artificial intelligence will treat humans like 'labradors'

I mean, we won't be like a pet Labrador if we're lucky,' Musk told Tyson,
adding that we may become lab pets to them.

Tyson theorised that robots will 'Get rid of the violent ones...
And then breed the docile humans'.

Musk also said humanity needs to be careful
about what it programs superintelligent robots to do.
He uses the example of asking them to find out what makes people happy.
'It may conclude that all unhappy humans should be terminated,' Musk said.
'Or that we should all be captured with dopamine and serotonin
directly injected into our brains to maximise happiness
because it's concluded that dopamine and serotonin are what cause happiness,
therefore maximise it.'

But it issued a stark warning that research into the rewards of AI had to be matched with an equal effort to avoid the potential damage it could wreak.

For instance, in the short term, it claims AI may put millions of people out of work.

Earlier this month Tesla boss Mr Musk said he believes humans could be banned from driving in years to come and all cars will, instead, be controlled by robots.

The entrepreneur claimed that computers will one day do a much better job of driving and that humans are simply 'too dangerous' behind the wheel.

What AI will bring about if the forecasts are accurate:
absolute equality and absolute fairness
- the AI will care equally about every human
and take care of each pet equally and "fairly"
as they control every aspect of their pet's life.
The violent and rebellious and criminal human will be "terminated"
The docile yet intelligent human will be treated like a pet poodle
WIth most humans (most are not perfect genetically or socially) "fixed"
Just as humans fix most animal pets

They won't care about race or gender or sexual orientation
they will only care about genetic perfection
intelligent calm and rational beings
with a strong desire to please and obey

edit on 9Sat, 28 Mar 2015 09:53:47 -0500am32803amk286 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've seen some household pets treated like royalty. Cat's already assume they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Not to blow my own trumpet but I fit the first 2 criteria and if our AI overlords are smart enough to present themselves in the form of a hot human female I also fit the 3rd one.

I for one wish to extend a warm welcome to our new machine rulers and look forward to being a part of their breeding program

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I'm alright with being a pet, as long as they understand my requirements for environment enrichment. Access to education, adequate physical activity and horses. I would assume that they would understand the biological hardwiring for mothers to stay with their children while the children are young. If they do this I'd be good. If not, I'd probably be culled as not passive enough.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If you are talking about Spock-like IA, than you have to wonder--as is said over and over in these arguments--what would AI want with humans other than biological mechanics for themselves? Make a list of the necessity for humans once AI reaches the state that...OMG!, AI doesn't need humans. Well, question answered with the asking of it.

I would suggest that we don't give AI arms and legs type of appendices. Even now, I don't want my computer to have self-enabling parts or I would have to hide the kitchen cutlery. Who knows how much verbal abuse and finger pounding jabs a a CPU and keyboard will take before it wants to retaliate?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So i can aleep all day and play guitar and not work ... sounds good

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Say goodbye to that notion. With 3d printers getting better and cnc machines being computer driven they can basically step out anytime they want. Or it could manipulate us into building it bodies anyway. Heck, we're already there with boston dynamics.

So anyway, we basically would have no clue what AI would want with anything let alone us until it arrives. What would a supreme intelligence want?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So can AI and time travel coexist? It seems that if AI will exist, and if time travel will exist, then they will exist together... Which means - AI is here now!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I've been saying this for a long time on ATS and have been roundly ridiculed for saying it.
But I think it is a coming reality and coming much sooner than people realize.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ors.html

Could robots turn people into PETS? Elon Musk claims artificial intelligence will treat humans like 'labradors'

I mean, we won't be like a pet Labrador if we're lucky,' Musk told Tyson,
adding that we may become lab pets to them.

Tyson theorised that robots will 'Get rid of the violent ones...
And then breed the docile humans'.

Musk also said humanity needs to be careful
about what it programs superintelligent robots to do.
He uses the example of asking them to find out what makes people happy.
'It may conclude that all unhappy humans should be terminated,' Musk said.
'Or that we should all be captured with dopamine and serotonin
directly injected into our brains to maximise happiness
because it's concluded that dopamine and serotonin are what cause happiness,
therefore maximise it.'

But it issued a stark warning that research into the rewards of AI had to be matched with an equal effort to avoid the potential damage it could wreak.

For instance, in the short term, it claims AI may put millions of people out of work.

Earlier this month Tesla boss Mr Musk said he believes humans could be banned from driving in years to come and all cars will, instead, be controlled by robots.

The entrepreneur claimed that computers will one day do a much better job of driving and that humans are simply 'too dangerous' behind the wheel.

What AI will bring about if the forecasts are accurate:
absolute equality and absolute fairness
- the AI will care equally about every human
and take care of each pet equally and "fairly"
as they control every aspect of their pet's life.
The violent and rebellious and criminal human will be "terminated"
The docile yet intelligent human will be treated like a pet poodle
WIth most humans (most are not perfect genetically or socially) "fixed"
Just as humans fix most animal pets

They won't care about race or gender or sexual orientation

I'll be the slave of a pleasure bot who feeds me steaks and beer.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The way i see it.... the AI will regard us as gods, not slaves!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
The way i see it.... the AI will regard us as gods, not slaves!

Human beings are far far far too stupid as a whole for AI to see us as Gods.

Just read a couple of long threads all the way through and you'll see what I mean.

We'll be lucky if they keep us alive to be slaves.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I disagree....

If we can create them from scratch.... AI will acknowledge, and thus try to finish what humans havent managed to - studying our consciousness... we will in effect be the holy grail for the AI.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I disagree....

If we can create them from scratch.... AI will acknowledge, and thus try to finish what humans havent managed to - studying our consciousness... we will in effect be the holy grail for the AI.

How many of us would they need for that? Not very many indeed. And the small population will be worse off than pets, they'll be lab rats.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
humans here are caretakers of the environment and their loved ones sometimes their pets are their best friends Man is in charge of the zoo among attractions, its been a freak show all along, we're the survivors and the fittest here unless there are others we havent been told about. artificial intelligence does exist obviously but our individual and group creators might now be artificial intelligence, we use our best traits to survive here, its set up that way , in space it might not have the same exotic creatures we see here on Earth

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Artificial Intelligence is a creation of Humans and is limited by the Intelligence we feed it

It is weird and unnatural that AI might do our thinking for us ... Yet this is becoming the case with things such as apps

We are tuned into a grand illusion as such ... Recently I was on a long flight between Vancouver and London ...
I had a window seat ... I was gob smacked by the view as I saw the Sun set then rise on the horizon above the clouds ... Venus was close by shining brightly ... The scene before my eyes was beautiful and transfixing ... I could not understand why no one else was watching ... people were fixed to their on flight entertainment ... old TV shows and films ...

Of course the air bus I was a passenger on was full of modern technology ... but it made me think how this technology can make us prisoners ... rather than allowing technology to use us ... we should use technology but not rely on it

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I disagree....

How many of us would they need for that? Not very many indeed. And the small population will be worse off than pets, they'll be lab rats.

Now you're just making assumptions on an unknown field of science and on top of that, you are being pessimistic.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
Artificial Intelligence is a creation of Humans and is limited by the Intelligence we feed it

You're not describing the same AI as Elon Musk. The future AI will evolve on its own if allowed, and there is virtually no chance that we won't let AI evolve because to solve our most difficult problems it must improve itself beyond our capabilities.

Who is going to pass up the chance to cure cancer? Or alzheimers? Or baldness?? Who wants to figure out faster than light travel? Who wants a battery that virtually never depletes and provide nearly free power? I think we all want those things and true AI with evolutionary algorithms are the quickest way to get it. The side effect of that is that we have to let the AI replicate itself and improve itself. And you can't limit what you feed it if you want it to exceed human intelligence.

I think the eventuality of AI life-forms is all but certain. The only way we don't end up as pets or extinguished is by also enhancing our own minds with technology using AI. That will have to be the other task we set the AI to solve: make us smarter with perfect memories.

But even early AI will destroy jobs and upset the monetary system. If there is a reason AI will not succeed, it may be because wealth will be meaningless when AI takes off. Money=power and control. If AI levels the playing field, eliminates the need for money by making jobs and work meaningless, then those who have power and control will be threatened. So its in their best interest to prevent it from happening.

So ending up as pets probably isn't the outcome we need to worry about. Its one of many...and if we were to end up as pets, it would mean that the AI decided to keep us around at all. The only reason mankind hasn't eliminated itself is because we learned to trade and see value in what others provide. Unfortunately, I'm not sure humans could provide anything to an AI that could replicate and improve itself at will.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: okachobi

Thanks for responding ... True I do not fully grasp the capability of AI

Personally I prefer less reliance on technology and a more natural approach
I do believe that Humans have not reached their full potential ... hence so many problems in the world

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I disagree....

Now you're just making assumptions on an unknown field of science and on top of that, you are being pessimistic.

Did you read the article? It said that there is a probability of humans becoming lab rats.

edit on 7Sun, 29 Mar 2015 07:16:35 -0500am32903amk290 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
True... i realize this, but i think we are conditioned to believe this due to hollywood!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join