It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska State Senator compares Police to isis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

***Nebraska state Sen. Ernie Chambers is facing backlash for comments he made Friday during a legislative hearing on a concealed gun bill, in which he compared the police to the Islamic State terrorist group.
“My ISIS is the police,” the 77-year-old independent said, Watchdog.org reported. “The police are licensed to kill us — children, old people.***

“If I was going to carry a weapon, it wouldn’t be against you, it wouldn’t be against these people who come here that I might have a dispute with. Mine would be for the police. And if I carried a gun I’d want to shoot him first and then ask questions later, like they say the cop ought to do,” he said, Watchdog.org reported.

hate much?
unbelievable. wonder if there's any chance he resigns. he apparently isn't backing down.

www.washingtontimes.com...

“I meant what I said and I said what I meant,” the 77-year-old independent said, Watchdog.org reported. “I’m not going to resign. … I’m not going to apologize. Why do you think I would apologize?”

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Perhaps the man is getting to the end of his tether, both mentally and physically, and basically could give 2 flying "£$%$ for what people think.
Not a great advocate for public office though is it?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All I had to see was Nebraska state senator and I knew it was Ernie Chambers...he'll be there raising hell until the day he dies. Too bad decades of bravado have made anything he says now worthy of little more than an eye roll, a chuckle, and a "what now?".

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

I love this guy.

Totally unapologetic!

I think it's great. Do I agree with what he says?

Heck no.

But god bless him for speaking his mind.

I wish more of our so-called leaders would.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think he did a not-so-good job bringing up his point....that the police are getting scarier....

I am not gonna dive into this much more, but will be following this...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As much as I think he is an uneducated jack ass he nailed the 2nd amendment and its purpose to a T. Its to protect the individual from government over reach.

With that said his comparison is moronic.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ernie being Ernie. He once sued God as a way to bring attention to the frivolous nature of many lawsuits. He has a history of being unconventional and saying some extremely stupid things.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
Ernie being Ernie. He once sued God as a way to bring attention to the frivolous nature of many lawsuits. He has a history of being unconventional and saying some extremely stupid things.

if this guy thinks this about law enforcement then why does he not try to come together with others to fix the problem instead of political grand standing that accomplishes nothing but building hatred towards all police? Which in the long runs only deepens the problem and does nothing to fix it?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think he just likes to make noise. And what better way to make noise than saying incredibly stupid things?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think he just likes to make noise. And what better way to make noise than saying incredibly stupid things?

Sure but when you are in a position where people listen to, or at least hear, what you are saying maybe a person should hold themselves to a higher standard and use that ability for good instead of perpetuating a problem they have an issue with?

People are elected to help identify and solve problems - not add to the problem by acting like a brain damaged test monkey.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Sure but when you are in a position where people listen to, or at least hear, what you are saying maybe a person should hold themselves to a higher standard and use that ability for good instead of perpetuating a problem they have an issue with?

People are elected to help identify and solve problems - not add to the problem by acting like a brain damaged test monkey.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I'm not endorsing Ernie or the manner in which he conducts himself. I was simply pointing out that this is nothing out of the ordinary for him. At this point it's almost expected of him to say or do stupid things.

I absolutely believe it would serve the people better if they had someone actually fighting to fix the problems rather than making them worse.
edit on 27-3-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you disagreed with me.. It just drives me nuts when politicians see an issue and label it as something extremely serious to down right terroristic while doing nothing to solve the problem.

I guess if politicians solved problems they would have nothing to exploit to keep getting elected.

The current state of our Federal government and federal debt should energize every person in the US with a duty to vote and retake control and fix these issues. I would rather spend 1.2 trillion a year on the sciences instead of defense and nation building in parts of the world where democracy is just as alien as extraterrestrial aliens are.

People who think nation building only takes a few decades should understand that we have been at it for over 235 years here in the US and we still have our issues. Why would it take a decade to achieve what has taken us over 235 years?

Anyways I digress.. I don't wanna derail the thread lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I work right across the street from the Capitol and get to see Ernie regularly. If you meet him in the hall, he will come off as one of the nicest people. But, he likes attention. If the camera is on, he makes sure he is the one talking. I don't know why this comment went so viral as he has said worse thing for years now. Everyone is afraid of him and he is the sole reason Nebraska passed term limits for its Senators. He plays a victim well and is the biggest hypocrite known to man. When he gets a speeding ticket, it racist. If someone does something, he demands an apology or that they resign.

For all the bad, he does bring a balance to the legislative process. Senators had better not bring poorly written bills or poorly researched findings onto the floor of the legislature. He will tear them apart. But, aside of that, he can take a hike and the state would be better for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I can't help but chuckle at this. The silver lining is at least he's spurred people to talk about the excessive police violence a bit more. Which is a good thing, when you think about it. All troublesome issues need discussed.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I can't help but chuckle at this. The silver lining is at least he's spurred people to talk about the excessive police violence a bit more. Which is a good thing, when you think about it. All troublesome issues need discussed.

Ernie talks to hear himself speak.
Guy needs to retire from the unicameral.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Most politicians love to hear themselves speak, nothing new there. It's just an unintended positive when one speaks out their backside or speaks without a filter & people begin talking about the subject.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
I work right across the street from the Capitol and get to see Ernie regularly. If you meet him in the hall, he will come off as one of the nicest people. But, he likes attention. If the camera is on, he makes sure he is the one talking. I don't know why this comment went so viral as he has said worse thing for years now. Everyone is afraid of him and he is the sole reason Nebraska passed term limits for its Senators. He plays a victim well and is the biggest hypocrite known to man. When he gets a speeding ticket, it racist. If someone does something, he demands an apology or that they resign.

For all the bad, he does bring a balance to the legislative process. Senators had better not bring poorly written bills or poorly researched findings onto the floor of the legislature. He will tear them apart. But, aside of that, he can take a hike and the state would be better for it.

I used to haunt Lincoln waaay back when. Miss the town a little. I used to work at the N Street Drive-In during my college days. We would get all types from frat row kegs to the governor's spouses themselves buying hooch. Never saw Ernie once...saw MANY other senators Everyday during the 100 and after.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Most politicians love to hear themselves speak, nothing new there. It's just an unintended positive when one speaks out their backside or speaks without a filter & people begin talking about the subject.

Ernie has made an art form of it.
I personally have no issue with the man or his crazy legislation. I think he does the state a service in showing that not everyone was a rich farmer's son.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Unfortunately more and more people are being made to feel this way. It's hard not to. I understand why police get spooked and I also understand why civilians are frightened when they get pulled over. It's messed up.

But to compare our police to ISIS is just stupid. When I see a deputy cutting off heads to save ink on a speeding ticket, maybe I'll be swayed. Until then, we just have scared cops and scared people. Unfortunately, the cops are all armed and many of the people are, too.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I dislike Lincoln and live south of town. However, I do have the pleasure of working for a state agency and regularly hang out with the elected officials. They all have their good sides and bad sides. Unfortunately, Ernie feels he gets a pass at being respectful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join