It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Chef and CNN Hero Bruno Serato Feeds 500 Kids Per Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Chef Bruno Serato has been preparing fresh pasta to serve 500 under privileged kids per day because his mama told him to. Blessings to you and your mother, Chef Bruno.

And this is how the world should be.

Eight years ago, Serato's mother Caterina was on vacation in Anaheim from Italy and had the chance to visit the nearby Boys & Girls Club. A 7-year-old boy living in a low-income motel nearby told Serato and his mother that he would not eat dinner that night because his parent's could not afford it. Caterina told her son to make the little boy a plate of pasta and that was the beginning of Serato's quest to end child hunger.

"I am the only chef in the world who feeds 500 kids every day seven days a week," says Serato. "I challenge my fellow chefs to do the same. If every chef participates together we can feed every hungry child in America."

Huffington Post Article

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Stop making me feel my feelings!

Love this story. "You must feed them pasta!" coming from his Mother, very sweet.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

And now compare that to guys working for US industrial military complex

They kill kids for living (indirectly)

It's like we have god and satan living side by side in this world, like freakin roommates

Why can't god take a knife and stab the hell out of Satan while he is in the shower

Give me the power god, I'll do it for you

edit on 27-3-2015 by WineAndCheese9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm glad this touched you, Domo.

I'm making it my mission here on ATS to bring stories about the good things in this world. I've grown weary of the hate, bickering and fear mongering. Hopefully, I will touch more people and maybe inspire some to something good for others.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

What is wrong with you? Why do you feel it necessary to compare this nice story to something awful? I'm so tired of people coming into threads and perverting the message so they can spew whatever cause they are currently celebrating.

I hope mine is the last response you garner in this thread.

OP, beautiful story and I love seeing such kindness. I hope others will see what this man has done, and become inspired.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
a reply to: Domo1

I'm glad this touched you, Domo.

I'm making it my mission here on ATS to bring stories about the good things in this world. I've grown weary of the hate, bickering and fear mongering. Hopefully, I will touch more people and maybe inspire some to something good for others.

Funny, I was writing my last response and didn't see this when you posted it.

I hope people are inspired too.

For what it's worth I was inspired, and have been looking for places to volunteer my time locally.

There is a lot of beauty in this world, and it's hard to drown out the ugly.

Cheers to you for wanting to infuse the site with some much needed uplifting stories!

top topics

join