It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

DENVER -- The family of a Tulsa man who shot himself Saturday night in Keystone, Colorado is blaming his suicide on his ingestion of edible marijuana candies, CBS Denver reports.

"It was completely a reaction to the drugs," Kim Goodman said about her son Luke's Saturday night suicide."

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

Here we go again. Marijuana taking the blame for this young mans death.Tragic as it may be but we really need all the facts before blaming it on the edibles again. His mental state needs to be brought into question. Like so many other deaths associated with edibles and marijuana it seems the person involved wasn't exactly stable.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

it's inconceivable that he took the marijuana then shot himself, right? It has to be the marijuana that shot him. This stuff drives me batty.. I feel as if society is quite literally run by idiots.
edit on 26/3/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Once again it wasent the "WEED" it was the sugar!!! a reply to: JAY1980

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And how many get blind drunk and kill themselves?

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
...because people don't drink a bottle of whiskey and eat a bullet everyday, numerous times the world over every few minutes or less...it's NEVER the whiskey's fault...
edit on 26-3-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'll call it now...

He was a manic depressive, used pot to calm his soul...

Took too much...

Realised why the world is messed up...

Took the only way out that doesn't consist of waiting for the reaper to visit of his own volition.

All been there I bet...
Some just didn't succeed.

Bullets are always stronger than tablets though.

The above is what I think happened...

The narrative will be paranoid psychosis induced by marijuana, so let's ban the evil plant and imprison people for it!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Edibles are dangerous. A person can overdose on them easily, especially in anticipation of a high among inexperienced users. It's difficult to smoke yourself to death.

I think this plagues marijuana specifically because it has historically been smoked rather than ingested.

There are also plenty of people that don't think the rules apply to them, manifesting in various ways.

That article seemed accurate to me.

edit on 26-3-2015 by FireflyStars because: grammar ugh

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

+23 more 
link   
Like someone stated in the blog, "and how many people died from big pharma this week the news isn't reporting"

link   
Death by chocolate?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

Then parents should bring the children up with the right education.

Throwing mass amounts of people in jail over a stupid plant is ridiculous.

Let Adults choose what they put in there bodies. The government should keep out.
edit on 26-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Greetings- So a guy from Tulsa goes to Colorado and eats some cannabis (I'm not going to use the gov't. issued word) and then shoots Himself and it was the cannabis' fault? Why not blame the gun? or another inanimate object?

I just read the article... He is impatient for the "load to load" and gobbles a handful, any wonder why they recommend calling the Dr. if You've got an erection lasting longer than 4".. Uh, 4 hours? Because folks "go off label"..

"He was acting all weird" said a family member so " We all left the condo because our beautiful son acting weird and "possessed" is no need for alarm, evidently..

False Flag

Edit: I'd also be curious how much medical training Kim Goodman has? I don't know how many murders' families I interviewed and only 1 person said they had a feeling something wasn't 'right' ALL the rest would've swore up/down/sideways that their "Lil Jimmy" wouldn't hurt a flea, and these are people who killed other people and NOT their ownSelf..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

As soon as I finished reading that Quote from Kim Goodman, I was going to say the exact same thing as You did when You started out with: "Here we go again. Marijuana taking the blame...." LOL! Synchronicity Hits again! LOL!!!

But seriously, You bring up some good points in Your O.P.! I agree with you there. I have known and been involved in the past with a LOT of people who indulged, and were PRETTY DAMNED HIGH, and they NEVER did anything EVEN CLOSE to what Luke Goodman (Supposedly the candy made Him do it) did!!!!!! I mean Really??!??!?!?!! WTF Man? That is one of the most Ridiculous things I have EVER heard in My life!! LMAO!!! It makes a good Joke punchline, but for a reality situation, I just Don't think so!! LMFAO!!! WOWSA!!!

ETA: I find it Fitting for Me to give You Your 6th Flag!!! LOL!!!

edit on 26-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Like someone stated in the blog, "and how many people died from big pharma this week the news isn't reporting"

Red herring.
This story is about marijuana, not every other cause of death on earth.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I would guess that its the suicidal tendencies and not the drugs or alcohol that gave him the courage to do what he had in his mind to do. Maybe he was just bad with guns. I dont know.

All I do know is that in all the years I have smoked, I have never even done so much as scrape my knee.

edit on 3 26 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

All I do know is that in all the years I have smoked, I have never even done so much as scrape my knee.

I dunno have seen a few friends on MJ violently murder a few pizzas

edit on 26-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
Edibles are dangerous. A person can overdose on them easily, especially in anticipation of a high among inexperienced users. It's difficult to smoke yourself to death.

I think this plagues marijuana specifically because it has historically been smoked rather than ingested.

There are also plenty of people that don't think the rules apply to them, manifesting in various ways.

That article seemed accurate to me.

its impossible to eat or smoke enough marijuana to overdose,
If it's super THC concentrate, idk maybe. but there are 0-zero fatal marijuana overdoses EVER in the history of man

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And Dan White had the "Twinkie Defense".. I'm going to type that it was preservatives in the candy that made Him do it...

Edit: GMO preservatives and not just any run of the mill, crap You can't pronounce...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: tadaman

I dunno have seen a few fiends on MJ violently murder a few pizzas

"fiends" ? I guess they'd have to be to murder those poor pizzas

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So wait....Was it the pot or the gun?

You can only blame one evil thing at a time.

Them's the rules.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join