It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama delegates authority to Kerry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Can someone shed some light on this, why would Obama delegate his authority? Why now? Is this common? Are we to expect more military involvement in the Middle East?

m.whitehouse.gov...

"Presidential Memorandum -- Delegation of Authority Pursuant to Section 1236(b)(2) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE

SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority Pursuant to Section 1236(b)(2) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of title 3, United States Code, I hereby order as follows:

I hereby delegate the functions and authorities vested in the President by section 1236(b)(2) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015 (Public Law 113-291) (the "Act") to the Secretary of State.

Any reference in this memorandum to the Act shall be deemed to be a reference to any future act that is the same or substantially the same as such provision.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

BARACK OBAMA"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SEC 1236.Authority to provide assistance to counter the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant

armedservices.house.gov...

edit on 26-3-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No idea, but my guess is ..... when something goes bad, he can deny knowledge. Just like he's done every other time anything has gone wrong, he'll find out abut it on the news. But I could be totally wrong, this may be very common.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhoDat09
No idea, but my guess is ..... when something goes bad, he can deny knowledge. Just like he's done every other time anything has gone wrong, he'll find out abut it on the news. But I could be totally wrong, this may be very common.

The question here is, why would he even care? He can't run again so why do this now?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Nothing new..

SEC. 1236. AUTHORITY TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO COUNTER THE ISLAMIC STATE IN IRAQ AND THE LEVANT.

(b) Notice Before Provision Of Assistance.—Of the funds authorized to be appropriated under this section, not more than 25 percent of such funds may be obligated or expended until not later than 15 days after—

“(2) the President submits to the appropriate congressional committees and leadership of the House of Representatives and Senate a report, in unclassified form with a classified annex as appropriate, that contains a description of how such assistance supports a larger regional strategy.”

it looks like Obama is allowing Kerry to act on the Presidents behalf when it comes to funding in the fight against ISIS. An explanation must be given to Congress and it looks like it is now Kerry's responsibility to deal with Congress instead of Obama.

Personally speaking its looking like Obama is starting to get a bad case of Senior-it is and would rather enjoy the perks of his office than doing his job.

edit on 26-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A president can't have his fingers in all the pies at the same time, I would think he has to formally delegate authority for it to be legal. As an example, he can't just say, "Hey Bob, take care of the nuclear missiles for me willya." There would have to be an audit trail so everyone knows who to blame if things go horribly wrong. I did search a few of the orders to delegate and there are a few. I imagine all of the past presidents did the same thing.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/26.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Good timing on Obamas part this was released today Iran, Russia demand immediate halt to Saudi-led intervention in Yemen.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I call fake...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

what is fake?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I call fake...

But it's *official* and on the White House website.

Obama is setting up a scapegoat in the event of probable failure with Iran/Israel.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
weird, what?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Obviously there has been a stealth coup going on.

I haven`t seen Obama for some time and there are rumours US is going to make a big announcement in the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I've long thought Kerry would be the perfect candidate vs Jeb Bush in 2016, maybe this is Obama's way of giving him another feather in his cap. A Kerry-Bush family rematch would favor Kerry, imnho. Kerry in '16 is an under-the-radar possibility, and there is no way he's not thinking of it (again, imnho).

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
this thread needs Jazz hands

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Remember, you can delegate authority but you can never delegate responsibility.

even I can't say that about President Obama with a straight face.

Looks like Kerry's going to get a good view of the under carriage of the bus soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
I've long thought Kerry would be the perfect candidate vs Jeb Bush in 2016, maybe this is Obama's way of giving him another feather in his cap. A Kerry-Bush family rematch would favor Kerry, imnho. Kerry in '16 is an under-the-radar possibility, and there is no way he's not thinking of it (again, imnho).

Holy crap - I hope not!
Kerry lost against Bush because he's so full of his arrogant self and completely out of touch with us "regular folks". Much the same way that Romney came across when he ran against Obama. And there's no way another Bush gets the nod either... not that we the people really have a say in anything, but still - Bush vs Kerry for 2016 would just show how broken the system is.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wouldn't the VP be the logical choice for this? Oh wait, it's Biden.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose

Good timing on Obamas part this was released today Iran, Russia demand immediate halt to Saudi-led intervention in Yemen.

rt.com...

Because the Houthis are backed by Iran. After Iran lipped off about ending air strikes Pakistan announced they would look unfavorably against anyone who goes after Saudi Arabia, including defending them if need be.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: NotMoose

rt.com...

Because the Houthis are backed by Iran. After Iran lipped off about ending air strikes Pakistan announced they would look unfavorably against anyone who goes after Saudi Arabia, including defending them if need be.

Sounds to me like the chess pieces are falling into place on the global playing board. Countries may be starting to pick sides by proxy, eg. Pakistan --> Saudi Arabia --> US.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

it looks that way but I have to ask - what did we expect?

At some point we were bound to come to a point where 2 different ideological thought process were going to clash.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

it looks that way but I have to ask - what did we expect?

At some point we were bound to come to a point where 2 different ideological thought process were going to clash.

Well.... I didn't expect a potential preamble to WW3 quite this soon, but it doesn't look or sound good. Lots of posturing and saber rattling going on, demands from Russia, sanctions by the US. It could turn to crap literally overnight if these clowns don't stop pushing each other's buttons.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<<   2 >>

join