It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida boy kills one brother, wounds another after food fight.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Umm not really its like any other state are you kidding me where do you get your stats from hmm thats right still have not provided that...a reply to: eNumbra

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
You must be pretty new if you don't understand; Florida often in the news for, strange, uncivilized and unbelievable news stories.

I stand corrected we are Ranked #9 in top ten
I take responsibility for my misunderstanding

9. Florida
> Violent crimes per 100,000: 460.0
> Population: 19,552,860
> Total 2013 murders: 972 (3rd highest)
> Poverty rate: 17.0% (tied-14th highest)
> Pct. of adults with high school diploma:86.8% (19th lowest)

There were nearly 90,000 violent crimes reported in Florida in 2013, or 460 per 100,000 residents. Rapes and aggravated assaults largely contributed to the state’s high crime rates, despite the incidence of rape falling more than 11% between 2012 and 2013. Property crimes were also high, with more than 3,100 committed per 100,000 Floridians in 2013, compared to only 2,700 nationwide. The warm climate and more densely populated areas may have contributed to the high volume of crimes committed. According to a study published by Matthew Ranson, an environmental economist at Abt Associates — a public policy research and consulting firm — warmer weather may contribute to higher crime rates: “Warm weather lets people mix socially… And it is only a matter of probability that sometimes that mixture may prove volatile.”

link to source

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: ATF1886
First off why was there a loaded gun in a house with three minors??

Second of what we're three minors doing home alone??

A 13-year-old Florida boy killed his 6-year-old brother and wounded an older sibling following a food disagreement -- then committed suicide with the same gun, authorities said. "This is a nightmare when you hear about the ages of these boys," said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco. "A 6-year-old that was probably playing in his room, an argument over food, and he lost his life." The incident took place Wednesday at a mobile home park in Hudson that the shooter shared with three brothers and his mom.

That answers both your questions.

Stereotypes? I suppose you believe all blacks love watermelons and chicken and mexicans wear sombreros.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The adult who'm IS resposable failed to disable or secure the weapon.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Exactly what i said.. a reply to: Ancient Champion

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh here we go again.... Vidya games and TV killed someone else huh? Sheesh. This has been going on for centuries before video games and tv. I play those things all the time and i have never killed anyone or shot someone yet. Parents need to teach REALITY vs FANTASY and beat i t into their childrens brains if needed the difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have said time and again that when buying a gun you should be required to attend a gun safety class and then take some sort of safety test every 5 years online. Then if you fail to secure you weapon and as happens all to often a child kills somebody or themselves charges should be filed against the owner. We require you take a test with a car because it is a dangerous thing to use, a gun should be the same. The biggest threat to gun ownership in this country is not the Government, NWO, or some other plot, it is irresponsible gun owners. Hell, maybe we should be like the Swiss who have random inspections of your home to make sure you keep your weapons secure not in use. Or IQ tests or something. Stories like this everyday make the rest of us responsible gun owners look like idiots.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

In Canada, I believe we do have to take a gun safety course. I whole heartedly agree with it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I read about this earlier, and I'm not surprised it was in Pasco County. Pasco has a big poverty problem, there's just not much there to sustain people income-wise. Granted, there are many poverty-stricken counties in Florida, Pasco is one that tends to have more violent outbursts than others. Polk & Citrus are other well-known area counties with poverty & violence issues, but like I said, Pasco tends to be the frontrunner.

So to the poster who was having a hissy fit over another saying FL & trailer parks being all they needed to hear, it isn't far off & it's not exactly a stereotype down there. It's real life.
edit on 3/26/2015 by Nyiah because: Wrong county! My bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

"I'm not surprised it was in Pasco County" I'm not surprised it was on Earth.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
First off, given that this is likely a poor family, I can see the heated disagreement over food. It's sad, but it happens.

Second, why was the gun loaded and so easily accessible? Even the time it took for the 13-year-old to have to locate the gun and load it might have been time that could have saved lives. Either the two would have caught on to what was going on or the 13-year-old might have regained a sense of perspective as his initial temper cooled. That he killed himself was proof that he didn't really want to do it.

Third, 13 is easily old enough to be left at home alone or with a younger sibling.

Fourth, when did we stop teaching our children to value each other and life? I am guessing there were many poor kids who grew up with a rifle or shotgun in the house during the Depression Era, and it might even have been loaded, and I'll bet they never managed to come close to thinking they ought to shoot themselves or their family members.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

"I'm not surprised it was in Pasco County" I'm not surprised it was on Earth.

Would you kindly get the frack off your high horse? I'm FROM that region of the state, I think I can offer up a little bit of clarification on some of these areas better than you can.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I think your not reading my posts or you have a mental incapicity because i am stating that i support the 2nd Amendment and you are making it seem like i dont there is obviously an issue here that seems to be out of your understanding i have lots of fire arms the day my kids or me have an issue where it would put my family at risk id move em temporarily till the problem is solved. to: intrptr

Well good, you have it under control in your family. I'm not challenging anyones rights to own firearms. And wonder how you determine ahead of time something like this will happen. its not a cut and dried science.

Hiding things from kids doesn't work, by the way. You could try to hide all the kitchen knives, bricks in the yard, rope,

statuary, tools, shovels, glass ware, (stop me when you think the house is safe)… scissors, barbells, hose…

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I knew a kid who could pick the lock on her dad's gun case when I wasa teen. She was damn quick at it, too. She never touched any of his weapons, it was just a parlor trick to impress friends with, but yeah, if a kid wants to get a household weapon, they can do it if they're determined enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That wasn't intended to be an insult towards you, sorry it came across that way.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

That wasn't intended to be an insult towards you, sorry it came across that way.

Apologies from me as well. When it comes to Florida, it's a little different down there socially than other places. It's nicknamed the "black hole of poverty" for a reason.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
Absent fathers and no positive role models, poverty, mom just trying to make ends meet, maybe violent video games and movies as "babysitters", etc.

Umm no the only problem here is GUNS BEING LEGAL.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Absent fathers and no positive role models, poverty, mom just trying to make ends meet, maybe violent video games and movies as "babysitters", etc.

NOPE. all items can be used as weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Tell that to the folks in Europe who may have just had their airplane used as weapon against them.

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people, they will find a way. Whether or not a gun is at hand has nothing to do with it, heck, they stab each other in China and blow each other up in the Middle East ... and guns are everywhere in the ME.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I imagine if I went there bodies would be laying all over the place, turf wars over the best trailer spot and everyone finishing there sentences with yeehaw versus were murder in other places is more civilized.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join