It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East countries are scrambling to build Nuclear weapons programs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The last thing this world needs is more countries with nuclear weapons.

However governments all over the Middle East would beg to differ with that statement. The Middle East has many countries scrambling to build Nuclear weapons programs.

Saudi Arabia: Recently signed an agreement with South Korea to build two nuclear reactors. Given the vast Oil and Gas wealth of the country electrical generation isn't likely to be the main reason for the plant. Of course that's what they'll tell you they are for.
www.wsj.com...
The Saudi's also have long standing military ties with Pakistan and rumor has it they already have agreed to share nuclear bomb technology with the House of Saud. There is no way the Saudi's will let Iran have a nuclear weapon while they don't.

Jordan: Just signed an agreement with Russia to build 2 nuclear power plants.
www.businessinsider.com...
While Jordan desperately needs the electricity the scary byproduct is a path to building nuclear weapons.

Turkey: They are building so many nuclear plants it's hard to keep track actually. They've signed deals with all the big players, several building nuclear complexes with 4 plants at each site. Of course their president has publicly stated, “Turkey will not accept a neighboring country possessing weapons not possessed by Turkey herself,”
www.todayszaman.com...
Given Israel already has Nukes we all know what that means, eventhough most attribute it to Iran going nuclear.

Egypt: They just signed a deal with Russia to build their first nuclear power plant.
www.forbes.com...
Russia and Egypt have been growing closer and closer since Sisi took power in Egypt. The Russian nuclear plant deal does not include the safeguards that the US was trying to require forcing Uranium enrichment to be kept out of Egyptian hands. Probably why Egypt wasn't too interested in what the US had to offer.

Iran: Everyone knows Iran is building a path to make nuclear bombs. I won't review it here.

So there you have it. All the main players in the Middle East are starting to sign deals and get shovels in the ground on many new nuclear power plants. Several have openly stated they will not let other Middle East countries have nuclear weapons alone. What is driving this scramble for nuclear programs?

Well Iran working to get nuclear weapons is likely a main driving force. The different Muslim factions clearly don't want Iran having such a powerful role in the Middle East...not alone at least.
The invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan have likely encouraged countries to get nuclear weapons and be able to stop aggressive US foreign policies.

Personally I think joining the Ballistic Missile Defense program is one hell of a good idea for any country that gets the chance. The future is looking highly radioactive!
edit on 24-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The last thing this world needs is more countries with nuclear weapons.

However governments all over the Middle East would beg to differ with that statement.

We should rid ourselves of all of them. Obviously that's not happening any time soon. I don't blame countries for wanting 'nukes' themselves when others have them.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Sunnies are afraid of the Shi'ites

It's a mad scramble all-of-a-sudden.

Maybe this indicates an agreement "favorable" to Iran is imminent.

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
we are never going to make it past the nuclear age...never.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Eh, building a couple of reactors isn't a path to a nuke. As far as Iran goes, western and Israeli intel agencies completely disagree with you. Fear mongering lying politicians do agree with you.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'll leave this here, neat animation that shows just an ongoing trend towards more nuclear weapons. Scary to say the least. When will one of these dots pop over a populated city (again)?

edit on 24-3-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

link   
they've got a long way to go yet, I mean, sitting in front of a computer screen watching the devastation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with some tissue in one hand and hand cream in the other isn't going to build a Nuclear power station.

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Too bad the Lord is the one who hasn't given the green light to the current state of Israel. When the Jews were cast out only the Lord can give them back Israel, and he hasn't yet. The Zionist just took it without his permission. So if the Lord is gonna smite anyone it will be Israel first.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Good thread well written. You and I probably both predicted this early on. I just cannot fathom that there are people on this planet. That would not know what would happen with even the threat of Iran obtaining nuclear capabilities emerged.

There's only been perpetual war and a arms race going on there for 2000+ years.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yet people wonder why Israel chooses to retain the sampson contingency? God help us all if the Saudi's start cooking up nukes. It would only be a matter of time before a couple suitcase nukes found their way into the hands of ISIS, or terrorist cells within Europe/North America.

The future is looking pretty grim. I'd like to say that the concept of mutually assured destruction would be enough to stave off such a scenario, but when you're dealing with fanatics that aren't afraid of death and think the more people they kill the better off they will be in heaven, you've pretty much already lost the battle if they get their hands on nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
nuke power plants are the bane of humankind.
they are the most dangerous and ignorant power sources ever thought up!
yet..they pock the worlds surface like a deadly plague.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Thanks!

It seems pretty clear the years of Iran working towards having material to build a nuclear bomb have caused other countries in the region to begin the same paths. I could be wrong of course. They could all just need electricity that much.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

Did you know that Canada builds the CANDU reactor that does NOT produce nuclear material that can be used for a nuclear bomb?

It isn't a very popular seller to countries in the Middle East...although Turkey was interested.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

What was bush jr's nickname in Skull and Bones again? Magog? Or was that senior?

Either way I can't help but feel like the invasion of Iraq laid the groundwork for this #&!$storm.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: autopat51

Did you know that Canada builds the CANDU reactor that does NOT produce nuclear material that can be used for a nuclear bomb?

It isn't a very popular seller to countries in the Middle East...although Turkey was interested.

but it still produces spent fuel rods..right?
believe it or not..spent fuel rods are extremely dangerous.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
You know , I have read your post several times. The meaning still eludes me and I have a good working knowledge of all major religions . Umm the Hebrew people were led out of Egypt back to the Promised Land. When and where were they cast out from ? And actually that land was promised to the people of Abraham , Isaac , and Jacob. So it must have been with blessing they returned.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Either way I can't help but feel like the invasion of Iraq laid the groundwork for this #&!$storm.

I have to agree. You put together the Iraq invasion that had no legitimate reason, add in the Afghanistan war and top it off with the Libya carpet bombing and you have one hell of an incentive to build nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

I have to agree. You put together the Iraq invasion that had no legitimate reason, add in the Afghanistan war and top it off with the Libya carpet bombing and you have one hell of an incentive to build nuclear weapons.

you said a mouthful..star for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Really, you're not familiar with this? An Orthodox Jew is who first told me about it.

Here's some light reading but feel free to do some googling for yourself.

www.simpletoremember.com...

God gave Abraham and his family the Land of Israel as a laboratory where his descendants are supposed to create the nation that’s the model for the world...

The Jews were only given the land because of their mission. If they abandon the mission, they lose the land. This is another very important lesson in Jewish history which is repeated, and it is also one of the most often repeated prophecies. The Jewish people will only live and prosper in their homeland if they maintain their relationship with God and carry on the mission of Abraham...

Throughout the early part of the Bible, God is constantly talking about giving the Jewish people the Land of Israel and reaffirming that commitment.

However, the Jewish people base their claim on God’s promise. It is a moral claim because God is God and God is by definition truth, and God is by definition morality. God gave the Jewish people the Land of Israel. Without that, the only claim the modern State of Israel can make is it is stronger and was able to win all its wars with the Arabs...

This is an extremely important point that is often lost on modern Israeli politicians and those who seek to defend the State of Israel—which is not a religious state and often far removed from Jewish values—to realize that the Bible gives the Jews their only moral claim to the land...

WHY ORTHODOX JEWS ARE OPPOSED TO A ZIONIST STATE
www.nkusa.org...

The People of Israel oppose the so-called "State of Israel" for four reasons:

FIRST -- The so-called "State of Israel" is diametrically opposed and completely contradictory to the true essence and foundation of the People of Israel, as is explained above. The only time that the People of Israel were permitted to have a state was two thousand years ago when the glory of the creator was upon us, and likewise in the future when the glory of the creator will once more be revealed, and the whole world will serve Him, then He Himself (without any human effort or force of arms) will grant us a kingdom founded on Divine Service. However, a worldly state, like those possessed by other peoples, is contradictory to the true essence of the People of Israel. Whoever calls this the salvation of Israel shows that he denies the essence of the People of Israel, and substitutes another nature, a worldly materialistic nature, and therefore sets before them, a worldly materialistic "salvation," and the means of achieving this "salvation" is also worldly and materialistic i.e. to organize a land and army. However, the true salvation of the People of Israel is to draw close to the Creator. This is not done by organization and force of arms. Rather it is done by occupation to Torah and good deeds.

SECOND -- Because of all of this and other reasons the Torah forbids us to end the exile and establish a state and army until the Holy One, blessed He, in His Glory and Essence will redeem us. This is forbidden even if the state is conducted according to the law of the Torah because arising from the exile itself is forbidden, and we are required to remain under the rule of the nations of the world, as is explained in the book VAYOEL MOSHE. If we transgress this injunction, He will bring upon us (may we be spared) terrible punishment.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join