It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Russia has gone insane.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

MOSCOW, March 24 (UPI) -- Russia increased tension over NATO nuclear missiles Tuesday with a demand that the United States remove all non-strategic nuclear weapons from Europe.
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich referred to comments by Jen Psaki, his counterpart at the U.S. State Department, that U.S. missiles are under constant U.S. control, as distorted. He added that deployment of U.S. missiles in European NATO countries is a violation of the 1968 Treaty on Nuclear Weapons Non-Proliferation.

Lukashevich's remarks came after tensions, already ratcheted upward by Russia's contention that it could place nuclear weapons in Crimea, increased over the weekend with the suggestion by a Russian diplomat that the Danish Navy's inclusion of radar on one ship, to involve it in NATO's missile shield, could make Denmark a nuclear target.

Read more: www.upi.com...

Click link for remainder of article...

Another one of those senior moments of Russia's, who forgot that they were the ones threatening the use of nuclear missiles while invading Ukraine.

Secondly they need to read the treaty, or maybe find someone to read it to them, considering their accusations aren't covered by the treaty.

putin needs to go away.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't think any Leader outside of North Korea has subtly or overtly threatened another nation with nuclear weapons as much as Russia has in recent memory.

Maybe Putz is taking a page from best friend Kimmy's handbook?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I believe this is a tactic to prove a point by the Russians.

However, I think I know a certain official who would love to bow down to Putin and use a pen and phone to remove the nukes just to satisfy an insane leader....

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

What point would that be?

To demonstrate just how dangerous Putin has become do to his continuing detachment from reality?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I don't think any Leader outside of North Korea has subtly or overtly threatened another nation with nuclear weapons as much as Russia has in recent memory.

All of which leads me to believe Russia knows it cant win a conventional war. The west wont start the war, which means Russia will be fighting NATO if it does start a war.

invoking the use of nukes is putins way of trying to bully / bluff his way to what he wants.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The hands on the Doomsday Clock keep getting a little closer to midnight.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The hands on the Doomsday Clock keep getting a little closer to midnight.

yeah talk about flash backs -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would like to say that Obama would never order the removal of the nuclear weapons, but he backs down and apologizes to everyone on an international scale... Red Dawn 2016 anyone?
edit on 3/24/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

All of which leads me to believe Russia knows it cant win a conventional war. The west wont start the war, which means Russia will be fighting NATO if it does start a war.

invoking the use of nukes is putins way of trying to bully / bluff his way to what he wants.

I think your assessment could have some basis in reality. A conventional war without support from at the VERY least China (which is unlikely) is unwinnable from the Russian side. Putin knows this, and he's not stupid enough to begin a conventional war with NATO.

Falling back on his nuclear arsenal allows him a significant amount of breathing room when it comes to "reorganizing" his borders. I only wonder what happens when NATO decides that enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I think putin is mistranslating EU disunity on sanctions to disunity within NATO.

They are 2 completely separate entities and its dangerous to think the 2 are linked. If Russia were to invade a NATO country I seriously doubt we would continue to see disunity among EU nations.

Right now the impression I get is what we saw during WWII. So long as it happens to that country over there and not to this country over here it doesn't affect us and we shouldn't be involved.

People have talked about Poland and how its acting paranoid... People need to remember that Poland was in a military alliance in 1939 and was still invaded. While they are a member of NATO today, some of the actions we see the EU taking against Russia are along the same lines as 1939.

I have seen estimates with regards only to Ukraine that would require almost 100k - 200k Russian troops to occupy the country, taking into account the farther west they go the more people hate the Russians and will be willing to fight.

Putin is biting off more than he can chew and is using the threat of nukes to bluff his way.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Cuba. Hypocrites.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Why don't you call NATO by it's real name? The United States of 'Murica. Because the US is the one who's pulling all the strings. And if it were to 'Muricans, Europe would already be in a military war with Russia. But thankfully, that's not the case, and the leaders of European countries still have got some saying in it, but the question is for how long?

Damn...You are going to be really disappointed when the peace wins over your not so secret desire to have a war with Russia( when i say you, i mean 'murica in generally )

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Cuba. Hypocrites.

Considering the US removed its nuclear missiles from Turkey I don't grant your premise.

The 2 removals were linked.

Secondly Russia doesn't get to dictate military alliance terms for other nations. Russia has nukes and has threatened to use them. Europe has every right to prepare for that possibility.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

and yet the EU is taking a course of action the Us does not completely support.

Any chance to try and blame the US while offering nothing to support your baseless accusations.

try again.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's why I've said that the European leaders still have got some saying in this whole situation.

What accusations? I just stated the obvious really. You don't need for fox, cnn, bbc or rt to tell you what's going on and who's pulling the strings in NATO.

If you want to see what do the leaders of European countries think, you can search it for yourself. What i can tell is that so many European Union countries are against the new sanctions for Russia. I think this tells enough.

And i will urge you to just try and hide your desire to have a war with Russia. You don't even hide that you dislike not just Putin, but Russia in generally.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You know guys, it sure does sound like we are all going to be in a big war, worldwide. Both sides can deliver weapons to destroy every city on earth. But remember, Moscow or DC will not be hit. Just the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I find it interesting how since the relationship building with North Korea, Russia has started to openly threaten nuclear this and that.

It's almost as if lil Kim has given Putin a lesson in super villain tactics.

'tell them Nucwear Tewwor will wain down on them!'

Haha , I think Russia are just saying, if you're going to treat us like the bad guys, then we're going to act like it...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You misunderstand me. I want nothing if not peace. You think I LIKE the idea that Tokyo could be wiped off the map tomorrow? You think I LIKE following every piece of news regarding nuclear arsenals with clenched buttcheeks? I know you said you don't mean me specifically, but I also believe most of the United States really, really don't want war with Russia. Even if it somehow DOES come to conventional war, countless hundreds of thousands will die. Perhaps even millions. Nobody wants that. I think the problem comes when propaganda starts playing, telling you that it's the OTHER guy who wants to war, thus you should be prepared for war because the bad guys want it. No average citizen in Russia wants to go to war with the U.S., and I doubt the average American wants to go to war with Russia.

This a game being played by leaders.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I understood you correctly. I was just saying we should name the country that's pulling all the strings in NATO.

And as for this :

No average citizen in Russia wants to go to war with the U.S., and I doubt the average American wants to go to war with Russia.

Judging by what some 'Murican members here have been saying all along, I think you are mistaken. Those guys are actively advocating for a war with Russia, and do not even try to hide their desire.

And as far as the rest of your post goes, i totally agree.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree that the United States pulls NATO's strings. The wait list for NATO membership grows every year. If the U.S. were really the evil puppetmaster controlling NATO, you'd think countries would be FLEEING NATO, not clamoring to join it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join