It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christians" who use satanic imagery as their profile pictures...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What is with all of the Christians with pictures of darkness and skulls as their profile picture? Some of them also have the image of a beast as their profile picture (wolves).

If you choose the path of Life and Jesus Christ then wouldn't having an image like that to represent you on a profile picture be blasphemy? What is the fascination with dark imagery?
edit on 24-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Do you not see the beauty of creation in a wolf? To me they are magnificent creatures. A wild animal sure, but nevertheless worthy of my admiration and appreciation.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Next thing you know, someone will call pictures of Dragons to be blasphemy and anti-christian values.

If you want to see anti-christian values .... just look at most christians.

Why should a skull be dark. It represents death ... a transition from this world to heaven ... but you want to call it dark. Why?

Wolves are awesome!

P

edit on 24/3/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I have guitars in my pic, the electrics look like they have horns I guess. Make a joyful noise eh? Sometimes it seems to be just noise but I am happy doing it LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wolf imagery is Satanic? I didn't know that.

Having a picture of a false (in their view) god as your avatar might be considered blasphemy (or idolatry, take your pick) though.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Images.... Just like words, only have the power you give them. Most Christians would agree that any power Satan may have is too much no matter how infinitesimal. Why let him have more power by making everything satanic in one form or another?

If one is using a wolf as an avatar and their heart, mind, soul, and body see it as one of God's many beautiful creatures... Then why avoid it and let Satan have that along with everything else?

As a Christian, I feel he has too much already. Anything any one person can snatch away from him is a victory no matter how small IMO.

Instead of sticking it to "the man", maybe we should start sticking it "to the devil" and remove his power from anything and everything we possibly can. Giving up everything is akin to giving him the victory.

I don't think God is going to stop anyone at the pearly gates and say.... "Yeah.... You lived pretty good, you were saved, and baptized, but that picture you used of a wolf in your avatar in that online forum is just going to take you out of the running for heaven. Sorry about that. You really should have used that picture of kittens instead. Tough break."

edit on 3/24/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The world is full of dark symbolism if you choose to look for it arpgme.

Those of us that create art for avatars here are generally given a brief to work to, we do, there may be 3 or 4 different avatars come out of the way we interpret said brief.
Mine will generally fall on the darker side of art, purely because I think it's more fun to play with and looks cooler as an av, no agenda whatsoever and the only motivation is to create art and have fun, and a laugh with my fellow artists at the same time.

I'd hate to think what you'd read into some of my art LOL

Cody

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I love horror films. Have a huge collection of them and posters of those films on my walls. 'Dark imagery' would be underselling it! Do you think my enjoyment of this 'dark imagery' is indicative of me being a bad person?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Next thing you know, someone will call pictures of Dragons to be blasphemy and anti-christian values.

Dragon... the Great Serpent! Also known as Satan! Your profile pic is obviously representative of your Satanic inclinations!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sorry, you have completely lost me. How is a wolf anti-Christian?

What is anti-Christian (in my view) is intolerance of other people's innocent choice. My profile picture is some trees (beech trees, if you are interested). Is that anti-Christian and (say) pro Druid?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I think the idea is a wolf is a beast. A beast represents The Beast. So ultimately any profile pic of a beast is representative of Satan.

Why an animal like a wolf automatically represents The Beast is beyond me...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I used to raise wolves and I will tell you I found nothing satanic about them, loyal and intelligent - family oriented pack animals. Nothing satanic there, plus you have the added benefit of being a beautiful creation of God - I enjoy my wolves.

I also like game of thrones so my current avatar is khaleesi from game of thrones with one of her dragons, khaleesi is cool and doesn't like slavery - freeing all the slaves as she goes. (Story from a time and a place that doesn't exist) I don't watch much television of many shows, but there are a couple I enjoy, game of thrones is one.

nothing satanic.

a reply to: cody599

lol...

edit on 24-3-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I am keeping my turtle .I know some of them can be a bit snippy and have been used in horror films but hey , we are adults so just put your big boy pants on and chill .....peace

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I have used Goth pictures as my avatar. That doesn't make me any less Christian and it doesn't celebrate evil at all. And I see nothing evil about having a wolf avatar. Sorry OP ... I'm just not seeing the problem here.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I am keeping my turtle .I know some of them can be a bit snippy and have been used in horror films but hey , we are adults so just put your big boy pants on and chill .....peace

Tell the truth!

That is Gomera!

Hang on .... isn't Gomera one of the good guys that saved Tokyo from Godzilla.

Nice Avatar. Lol

P

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
- Isaiah 9:2

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well the bible does rip on wolves a lot.

Skulls and what not. I'm not a Satanist. But whatcha gunna say about my Avatar? You got a problem with Lions?

Because as far as i know, they are the Iconic animal for * Holy* if there is such an animal for such a thing.

Feline statues have guarded entrences to doorways and secrets for thousands of years.
One of the biggest feline statues in the world happens to be a monument often referred to Ancient pre-civilization such as the Sphinx.

Such a * Beast * as the Sphinx has had it's connection with god since before written history. Even the Jews and christians basically pay homage to such an Icon. As Cherubim are technically Sphinxes.

But you are a new testament kind of guy. Jesus Claimed being the Lion for that specific reason.
And i know how much you like to label me a Satanist because of my unorthadox alien views lol. But this is my Reality. Sorry it dosn't fit into yours.

Isaiah 19:19 Blessing to Egypt, Assyria, Israel …18In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will be speaking the language of Canaan and swearing allegiance to the LORD of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction. 19In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD near its border. 20It will become a sign and a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the LORD because of oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Champion, and He will deliver them.…

edit on am3u3115Tue, 24 Mar 2015 06:35:57 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join