It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telegraph: Putin's war of attrition: Is Lithuania next?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Ah, those facts that get in the way of a good fantasy. The numbers of US military personnel in Afghanistan peaked at c. 100,000 in 2010. Somewhat less than the numbers of Soviet military personnel in the country. Not sure where you plucked "500,000" from.

I read it somewhere in an analysis about a conventional war between US and Russia...I`m not able to find it anymore, but the Stratfor analysis and numbers I gave proves what troop numbers are needed in those cases.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Indeed. Kinda like when a members every thread authored since last august is about Russia/Ukraine. Hmm

I rarely start threads as shown in my history, but when I do they are for a reason unlike the multitude of bash america/west threads that have been started by a few. It's called staying topical.

I also have threads in the chemtrail forum care to comment on those?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Indeed. Kinda like when a members every thread authored since last august is about Russia/Ukraine. Hmm

I rarely start threads as shown in my history, but when I do they are for a reason unlike the multitude of bash america/west threads that have been started by a few. It's called staying topical.

I also have threads in the chemtrail forum care to comment on those?

Others do things it is showing their hand, you do it "it's staying topical". Suuuure

edit on 23-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Threw this thread out there just for you soso...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

In what context?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

In what context?

Did you miss the news where Putin supposedly released vast amounts of piranhas in Brazilian rivers?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

In what context?

Did you miss the news where Putin supposedly released vast amounts of piranhas in Brazilian rivers?

Lol those damn Russian piranhas, when will the madness end.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

just so I wasn't only posting about Russia/Ukraine

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

just so I wasn't only posting about Russia/Ukraine

It's a little odd that you felt the need to defend yourself out of nowhere but ok whatever floats your boat.
edit on 23-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

you do know a LEASE isnt ownership correct?They didnt want to pay for it anymore and just took it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

Russian has to be prepared in case the tiny nation of Lithuania decides to conquer russia.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

“You beat a dozen armed men single-handed?" "Oh aye, sir," said Wee Mad Arthur slyly, "but it was nae fair, I had them outnumbered.”

― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is unlikely Russia will try anything with a NATO/EU state like Lithuania. Not only would that bring vastly superior NATO/EU forces against it but, Russia would also have to worry about its former victims like Georgia, Azerbijian, Moldova and Ukraine all making moves while Russia has its hands full. On top of that other states like Belarus would take this a sign they can join the west and Russia will be to busy to make them the next Moldova, Georgia, Ukriane.

At this point Russia all threats and bluster because they are like North Korea, isolated with a collapsing economy. The only way for them to get anyone to pay any attention to them is by threats. And those get old after awhile.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Russia its economy took a hit, but it`s not collapsing...

Russia Rebounds, Despite Sanctions

And Russia is also not isolated, Serbia, Asia, South America, Africa, Eurasia, Middle East are still all partially doing business with Russia.
edit on 23 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And Russia is also not isolated, Serbia, Asia, South America, Africa, Eurasia, Middle East are still all partially doing business with Russia.

That economy is doomed. Your talking about a rebound in buying Russia stocks because they lost so much and the Rubel is so low that you can get that stuff for pennies now. You always have people buying when things get so cheap you do not have much to lose. Meanwhile the economy contracted .7% in the first quarter. It is a one trick oil poney. And when santions on Iran end and that that oil and natural gas really start to flow Russia is done. To make matters worse Russias broken defense industry has for years failed to deliver a quality product on time or at all when it comes to any modern weapons systems. Thus its largets arms markts are turning to the West. Russia will always be turning out tons of cheap smalls arms but, when you can make more from one fighter than tons of small arms the loss is huge.

And doing buisiness with somebody does not mean you support them politicaly. Else China and the US would the closest allies ever known. Russia is politicaly isolated by its own poor choices and its collapse as a world power.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
540]MindBodySpiritCompLithuania'sex[/post]

Well their you go..... lithuania plane down 24thmarch

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The Baltic States are jittery because of Russian meddling in Ukraine and other areas - Transnistria, Ossetia, Georgia and so on. It's becoming a Russian habit, so there is a "are we next" mind-set.
In addition, the history of Soviet occupation of these states has left a sour taste in the mouth.

However, two things to bear in mind.

1. These are NATO states.
2. The Russian-ethnic populations may not be so easily manipulated, after all, these Baltic nations have fast increasing GDP now that they are in the EU and corruption is low. Russia has a decreasing GDP and high corruption.

There is big discontent Russian minority in Balts. They watch Russian TV and are fueled by Russian nationalism. Good enough fifth column. (plus, as in eastern Ukraine, when local population turn out not be enthusiastic enough, then there is sent proper amount of mercenaries and special forces)

There is other problem. NATO is designed for a conventional warfare. Putin tends to play hybrid war. Would you start an open war against Russia with air raids for a series of small attacks done by ununiformed thugs?

One note: if Putin is to pick up a NATO member, then rather not Lithuania, but Latvia. Bigger Russian minority.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So far its "allies" like Belarus and Serbia are smuggling EU food to circumvent Russian embargo. While China, another "ally" was haggling for 10 years gas price and agreement was reached recently when Russian negotiative position was really weak. (Price is secret, so we are only guessing how the deal look like
)

Russia has some business partners, there always would be countries (or non-state entities
) wanting to buy some inexpensive weapons and pay in cash. Russian main export is oil and gas which goes to Europe, which is uneasy for both sides but stable. For practical reasons all matters is oil price. If contemporary price would keep Russia is bankrupt in 2 years.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If oil prices stay this deflated for 2 years, I don't think we will be worrying about Russia.

So far, globally, the oil industry has laid off approx 100,000 people.

Of that 100,000...a shade over 75,000 have come from North America, with another 100,000 anticipated to go before the end of summer.

Russia...um, they increased their oilfield presence over the past 3 months.

That being said, this is ATS, so believe what ever garbage you want.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrettyPlease1
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Russia is defending itself regardless of what Western MSM writes and blatantly lies about

JUST LIKE ON ATS

I've never seen Russian shills on ATS till US shills started shredding Russia and blaming it for every single evil thing US did

It is called Tit for Tat

Want Russia to be the good guy, stop attacking and disrespecting Russia on their own border by organizing coup in Ukraine.

Simple no ?

Enough said

Hmm, looks like another defender of Russia gets kicked... Becoming a pattern

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join