It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Clarkson Petition is Ridiculous #BringBackClarkson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Many of you won't know who Jeremy Clarkson is but many of you will. He is the main presenter of a British Television show called 'Top Gear'. He recently got fired from the show for punching a producer in the face because he couldn't have any steak.
Jeremy Clarkson 'punched producer and called him lazy Irish'

Obviously he got sacked from the show/suspended from the BBC.. as you would imagine. But that wasn't the end of it.. There was a petition started almost immediately with the aim of bringing him back onto the show which has gained over a MILLION signatures.

To me, this is ridiculous. Especially considering that Top Gear is a trivial show and there are much more worthy causes for people to sign petitions for, which haven't reached nearly as many signatures. I made this short video taking a look at the absurdity.

What do you guys think?

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If people go collectively nuts over the smallest bit of news concerning the new royal baby, why should anyone be surprised that Jeremy Clarkson has rabid supporters? People devour trivial crap. It makes their relatively mundane lives seem more exciting than they really are.
edit on 20-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

If there are so many other more important things then what do you give an f

He didn't punch a producer over a steak, they got back from production and there was no warm food at all for the production team because the producer failed to arrange it and the kitchen had closed a 30 minute argument ensued during which they tangled at then end. Two adults an a and b situation, so c your way out of it.

BTW what you call trivial is seen by 150 million people all over the world, unlike this rant about whats not important.
edit on 20-3-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
If people go collectively nuts over the smallest bit of news concerning the new royal baby, why should anyone be surprised that Jeremy Clarkson has rabid supporters? People devour trivial crap. It makes their relatively mundane lives seem more exciting than they really are.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. That still doesn't change how ridiculous it is and your comment is so defeatist in attitude.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
He punched a producer in the face because of steak. Right about now he should be serving it up at McDonalds (except there the steak is called 'Magic meat').

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The BBC employ peadophiles for decades on end.....

...but they get rid of legitimate loved characters like Russell Brand, Jonathan Ross and now Jeremy Clarkson.

Very sad indeed!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

If there are so many other more important things then what do you give an f

He didn't punch a producer over a steak, they got back from production and there was no warm food at all for the production team because the producer failed to arrange it and the kitchen had closed a 30 minute argument ensued during which they tangled at then end. Two adults an a and b situation, so c your way out of it.

BTW what you call trivial is seen by 150 million people all over the world, unlike this rant about whats not important.

The program is trivial actually.

Definition of Trivial: 'of little value or importance.'

Tell me how Top Gear is important (Apart from for the BBC's television ratings) or tell me how the show is valuable. (Apart from making money, for the BBC, and the show staff)

I probably define value and importance differently than you do, unless of course you agree with me that is.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
He didn't get fired, he got suspended pending an investigation and hearing.

If you can't get the main point of your spiel correct, that throws the rest of it into doubt, and your spiel is an attempt at propaganda. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

I'm guessing you signed the petition.

I think what Tech is trying to highlight here is the fact that this mundane and ultimately BS petition gets over a million signatures yet causes that actually have some grounding in real world issues go practically unnoticed. Its quite sad really and I think that it is a valid issue Tech has brought to us.

edit on Cpm2Friday1820155731Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:18:57 -05002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from autocorrect

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
He didn't get fired, he got suspended pending an investigation and hearing.

If you can't get the main point of your spiel correct, that throws the rest of it into doubt, and your spiel is an attempt at propaganda. Nothing more.

You're being slightly pedantic.

Jeremy Clarkson says he's been sacked from BBC Top Gear

EMBATTLED Jeremy Clarkson last night revealed he has been "sacked" from Top Gear and slammed BBC bosses in a foul-mouthed rant at a charity fundraiser.

Both those articles are from within the last 24 hours by the way. 'Dropped', 'Sacked', 'Fired', whatever. They ditched him from the show.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: circuitsports

I'm guessing you signed the petition.

I tuning what Tech is trying to highlight here is the fact that this mundane and ultimately BS petition gets over a million signatures yet causes that actually have some grounding in real world issues go practically unnoticed. Its quite sad really and I think that it is a valid issue Tech has brought to us.

My point exactly.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's not ridiculous, it's about more that Clarkson now, it's about standing up against BBC's ridiculous political correctness and how they only employ people who fit into their agenda.

Clarkson is very popular because he isn't very PC, he says a lot of things that normal people can relate with and the BBC don't like that, and if you can't see that they're trying to find any reason to get rid of Clarkson then you're blind.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Everyone who signed the petition deserves a punch in the face from a work colleague, see how they like it. Clarksons a knob end of.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It is a little defeatist, yes. I cannot change the hearts of men. So long as Reality TV exists, and other pointless distractions, people will not care about the real issues facing us.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
It's not ridiculous, it's about more that Clarkson now, it's about standing up against BBC's ridiculous political correctness and how they only employ people who fit into their agenda.

Clarkson is very popular because he isn't very PC, he says a lot of things that normal people can relate with and the BBC don't like that, and if you can't see that they're trying to find any reason to get rid of Clarkson then you're blind.

Crying over a guy who cried because he couldn't have a steak isn't the best jumping off point for a rallying for free speech. Why not start a petition about the BBC and its political correctness campaign?

OHH. Because people don't care about that as much as they care about Jeremy Clarkson throwing a paddy, and punching someone cos he couldn't have his din dins.

That's why.

Your comment does nothing but show even more how ridiculous this whole thing is.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Anybody here ever been present at a work camp when the kitchen is out...no hot food.

The producer is lucky all he got was a punch.

I have seen far worse over far less...and at the end, everybody helped put it all back together, shook hands, and moved on.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OK, I'll grant you that the whole matter is trivial, and 1 million signatures is not easy to come by for a just cause.

And I happen to like Clarksons slant on the world, neanderthal though it may be.

But all in all, don't you think that starting a thread on it on this forum is considerably more trivial?

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull
OK, I'll grant you that the whole matter is trivial, and 1 million signatures is not easy to come by for a just cause.

And I happen to like Clarksons slant on the world, neanderthal though it may be.

But all in all, don't you think that starting a thread on it on this forum is considerably more trivial?

Peace

No I don't think it is considerably more trivial. If I can get even just 1 person to not sign this petition and instead sign a petition to save the NHS or stop fracking then I see it as worth it.

Just 1 person signing a petition to stop Fracking in this country or save the NHS is more important than Top Gear.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well it seems he is a very popular host...

The petition of almost one million signatures was delivered by a man dressed as "The Stig" who arrived at the BBC's London HQ in an armoured vehicle bearing the words "Bring Back Clarkson".

www.bbc.com...

And I signed the petition for the main reason that I enjoy the show and he makes it interesting.

If you don't like him, or the show why treat those who do as though they aren't as good as others?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: DAZ21

Crying over a guy who cried because he couldn't have a steak isn't the best jumping off point for a rallying for free speech. Why not start a petition about the BBC and its political correctness campaign?

OHH. Because people don't care about that as much as they care about Jeremy Clarkson throwing a paddy, and punching someone cos he couldn't have his din dins.

That's why.

Your comment does nothing but show even more how ridiculous this whole thing is.

No, people signed the petition because it grew to become something greater than saving Clarkson, it had the momentum and had the publicity for people to get involved and sign it.

The BBC is just a media arm of the Labour party and they don't like people like Clarkson, many people realise this and saw that they could stage their protest via this petition.

To call people's views on such a matter ridiculous is very disrespectful. Maybe if you want people to sign cancer drug petitions and anti fracking petitions you should try and get mass media to get these issues in to the public view so they are aware of these issues also.

That's the problem, BBC don't care about publicising these issues, so many people don't know any better.

So get off your high horse and understand that people can only sign a petition that they know is in existence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join