It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestants being persecuted in Eastern Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
One of the problems, apparently, is certain protestant groups go to Ukraine, Russia, Georgia thinking that there is a total void of Christianity, when in fact Christianity has been in the Slavic countries longer than white folk have been in US. So, it's Christians ( whom the Orthodox view as watered down at best) proselytizing to....other Christians.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

well i think most if it is there, it's just been taught to mean somethings that perhaps the text did not mean in the first place. such as the 2 different flood/catastrophe accounts in the same flood story. i try to treat the text as if it is trying to tell us real things, and we just haven't been reading it correctly or have been pre-conditioned to believe it says one thing, when in fact it says more than one thing. to be fair, i treat all ancient texts this way.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

Star for that, and

WELCOME to ATS!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
One of the problems, apparently, is certain protestant groups go to Ukraine, Russia, Georgia thinking that there is a total void of Christianity, when in fact Christianity has been in the Slavic countries longer than white folk have been in US. So, it's Christians ( whom the Orthodox view as watered down at best) proselytizing to....other Christians.

jesus was pretty laid back. most churches today would think he was watered down. we are infinitely harder on each other than he ever was nor ever meant to be.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

we are infinitely harder on each other than he ever was nor ever meant to be.

.... not to mention how we are our own worst critics and judges...harder on ourselves than anyone else would ever be.
Including God.

Stems from a very early implantation into the very young brain - that one is born and will always be hopelessly flawed and evil, not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs from under 'His' table.

Not a very good idea of a suggestion for inducing a feeling of warm regards on the part of the 'loser.'

Just saying.

edit on 3/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Would you like to read the novel I wrote about that era?

modern english version please. and be prepared to have a large discussion about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

that was his actual message. when people learn how to read it, it pops right out. he's not holding his creation accountable, but the god of this world is and therein lies the problem.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Thanks. This is actually an issue I'm somewhat familiar with, as I used to be active Lesser Clergy in the ROCOR jurisdiction in the Orthodox Church.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

Thanks. This is actually an issue I'm somewhat familiar with, as I used to be active Lesser Clergy in the ROCOR jurisdiction in the Orthodox Church.

You are the temple of God. a building isn't, a religion isn't, a teacher isn't, a government isn't, a political party isn't, a bank account isn't, but you are. we carry our temples around with us. what's in the temple?

wiggle eyebrows.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think a better title would be "People being persecuted in Eastern Ukraine". Why there is a need to label people is beyond me. These people were humans before they were ever Protestants, we're all human. Why we have to divide ourselves into groups doesn't make sense to me, all it causes is just that: division.

It's horrible what's going on but to single out Protestants or Christians is to ignore anyone who has died that isn't part of those sub-categories.

And yes, this is a case of persecution complex just for the reasons stated above. There are more than just Protestants being killed in Ukraine right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

I guess I missed the part where it's ok for Christians to persecute other Christians (or anyone, for that matter).

Funny how this thread gets no reaction because it has to do with Christianity AND casts a negative light on the DPR. Guess I should have seen that coming

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

It's getting no reaction probably because this is small fries compared to everything else going on in the world. We all know things in Ukraine are bad, this is just another day over there at this point, unfortunately.

Yeah, people are dying and being persecuted, but where is that NOT happening? It happens all over the world every day to all different types of people.

No offense, just giving my opinion.

edit on 3/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No offense taken, and you are absolutely right. The world is in a sad state of affairs

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yes it is, it hurts me to see it this way but justice will be served one way or the other. It's only temporary, life will always go on, I try to look at it that way.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

the point of applying labels in persecution cases is that the persecution is being done BECAUSE of the difference, which in some situations is quite a small difference. clearly, when it comes to religion, the political power struggle is just as much an issue/impetus as the difference in belief.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

During the Soviet era the Orthodox church was heavily persecuted. They burned churches down and killed priests, monks, nuns...anyone really affiliated with the church, any Christian or religious person.

"Eastern" Orthodox encompasses a lot of people. It doesn't only mean Russian.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

i find this thread amusing considering most of america just finished celebrating a holiday largely based around persecution. the persecution of pagans to be precise.

did you enjoy your shamrock beer?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Every country on earth has religion crimes

You make if sound as if this is what everyone does as soon as they wake up in the morning

Pfft

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

These are just added crimes to the DPR and their thuggery. Have you been paying attention? No? I bet you think this is purely a religious issue, and you feel awfully smart about your comment, don't you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join