It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Females: Why do you wear make-up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer women that do not wear any make-up, or if any just eye-liner.

Being a male many of us just do not understand the hours, time, and money that women spend with this crazy ritual.

So what are your reasons for doing this?

enlighten us

edit on 19-3-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Girls do it to trick you, that way the morning after, your like gawd I didn't. Did I?

I'm jk

I like a girl that likes to get dolled up to go out with me as long as it isn't Mimi Bobeck crazy

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

because I fugly

competition

it makes women look pretty from distance
you would get a totally different point of view if u stand right in front of it yuck

I guess the problem for female confidence are the men who are really not close enough to pay attention yet they "judge"

also I have a strong jaw line and big lips and long brown wavy hair but my eyes don't pop out so I get self conscious but in reality if you stand right next to me and I am looking into the sun my eyes look like they are from tiger

oh last plastic surgery has became back at home cheap as chips I am talking $300 lip job $2000 boobs $1500 nos $600 eye lid lift $800 lipo
edit on 19-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The trick to good makeup is to make it appear that we aren't wearing any. Digest that for a second.

We women have always been subjected to endless judgemental comments on our looks, our posture, our size and our whatever. So if instead of hiding in a corner we want to mingle with a little bit of confidence we opt to cover a little zit or wrinkle, or subtly accentuate our eyes, or our teeth, or cheekbones. My husband always said the same as you, but I was wearing makeup when he met me and he liked the way I looked.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

hands down this is spot on

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Grandpappy used to say if the barn needs paintin' then paint it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

So what are your reasons for doing this?

enlighten us

Because "the sons of God saw that the daughter's of men were beautiful" and Azazel came down and taught women the secrets of makeup to seduce man....
....or so some ancient Hebraic texts say.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more, OP.

I find makeup to be a straight up turn off; I have said to female friends, on more than a few occasions, that they look prettier than usual today, only for them to look baffled & respond with "I barely put on any makeup!"

Even the "wear just enough to make it look like you're not" is ludicrous, imo. Now, I don't know much about all the different aspects of makeup, but I do know that the less you wear, the better. Better for your complexion, also. Using makeup to hide zits only compounds the problem.

But what's worse than wearing too much makeup?

Drawn on eyebrows. When & where in the #ing crap did this disgusting trend come from.

My old neighbor used to joke that he woke up next to an alien everyday, & was terrified until his baby momma "put her eyebrows on"

edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don´t, i have tried and my skin felt dirty, skin that doesn´t "breath".. itchy. Well you didn´t ask why some don´t lol...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I call insecurity on this one I'm more of an all natural type of guy 😊

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

hands down this is spot on

Yes, this description of long term conditioned inferiority complexes of females in modern society is totally spot on.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That's exactly right. My kids are always nagging that it takes me forever to put make up on and they can't tell I'm wearing it.

Some women slathered it on like its going out of style. That's just how they learned to put it on.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Cosmetics can be toxic

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Meh. I don't care. I've seen just as many women look beautiful with makeup as I've seen women look beautiful without it. The only thing that bothers me is when women cake it on. Many times, less is more with makeup. I'm not trying to date a mime.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
My husband always said the same as you, but I was wearing makeup when he met me and he liked the way I looked.

Of course there is always the possibility that men in general notice women who are "dolled up" but then when they marry said woman they start telling the woman they prefer them natural because they don't want other males seeing their mate still "dolled up"

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

But I find it super cute you man are trying to figure it all out

what's this

what's this

what's this

why u use this

what's this

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

that was the funniest thing

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

We're not trying to figure anything out, we're trying to tell you it's pointless to use it at all.

You will always look better without it.

edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: MimiSia

We're not trying to figure anything out, we're trying to tell you it's pointless to use it at all.

You will always look better without it.

and save some money too. Have you seen the prices on some of those makup products?

Ive always preffered natural beauty.
edit on 19-3-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

that's hilarious
oh the nagging nagging
and then they look at ur face and ask

what took you so long ???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join