It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball explodes over Switzerland, 03/15/2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Supposedly this has happened on March 15th where multiple witnesses reported seeing bright light in the sky and some hearing the explosion. Reports were coming in from Germany, Austra, France and Switzerland.

www.imo.net...

The IMO has received over 45 reports of a bright fireball meteor over Germany and Switzerland that occurred on March 15th, around 19:48 Universal Time. Witnesses from Germany, Switzerland, France and Austria reported the event to the International Meteor Organization. Robin from Tuttlingen reported: "The fireball was so bright that it illuminated the sky and landscape around me to twilight brightness levels."

Seven witness near Zurich reported a rumbling boom sound shortly after the fireball appeared. A witness outside of Zurich described the boom by saying, "About two minutes after the fireball there was a considerably strong sonic boom. After the sonic boom rumble was heard for at least 20s (noise background: a quiet suburban area)." These types of booms associated with meteors indicate the fireball penetrated deep into the Earth's atmosphere. An estimated trajectory computed from the witness reports shows the fireball was traveling from the north to the south, starting about 25 km south of Stuttgart and ending approximately 20km east of Zurich.

Here are some videos...

And news coverage...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Interesting. The second video shows at least two fireballs in different directions maybe three if my eyes don't deceive me.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
Interesting. The second video shows at least two fireballs in different directions maybe three if my eyes don't deceive me.

I think it's the street lamps?

Nice footage though OP, fireball, I love em.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

I think it's the street lamps?

I think it`s a reflection just not sure if from the street lamps.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Ahh yes i see it now. The way it moves as the vehicle turns. Its just like a light behind the vehicle reflecting off the windscreen.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why do you say supposedly in your OP? You don't believe in video footage and eyewitness accounts that came in from four different countries?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Why do you say supposedly in your OP? You don't believe in video footage and eyewitness accounts that came in from four different countries?

That`s a very good question. You could say I`m always a bit of a skeptic since joining ATS.

Seriously though, I was a bit hasty and forgot to re-write the post. It was the date that bothered me at first before getting more info...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
a reply to: Rezlooper

That`s a very good question. You could say I`m always a bit of a skeptic since joining ATS.

Seriously though, I was a bit hasty and forgot to re-write the post. It was the date that bothered me at first before getting more info...

Once a skeptic always a skeptic...it is in your nature

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Haha...you are probably right. The thing is that ATS made me well aware of it

You just can`t afford to believe everything anyone says these days...even so called evidence has to be double checked if you know what I mean

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I saw it by accident because I was outside for smoking. It had different colors (white, green and blue if I remember correctly).

Because of the colors and the angle my first thought was it is fireworks. It saw it for maybe one second because it was really fast, but I could see that it flew somehow parallel to the ground. Maybe it hit the planet in a really flat angle and that's why it looked like it moves parallel to the horizon. But I didnt hear any noise coming from it.

new topics

top topics

join