It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Sun four days off center in the solar system?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I recently read that scientist know that the Earth is closer to the sun in the earths Northern Hemisphere's winter (roughly 91,300,000 miles) than it is during the Northern Hemispheres summer (roughly 94,500,000 miles). So we learn that the earth orbit around the sun is not a circle but elliptical. Allowing that the distance is approximately four days of movement off center creating the elliptical course the earth currently follows (or the universe follows depending on if your are geocentric rather than heliocentric). the measurement of four day travel is according to the time it takes the earth to travel in space for four days.

So why is it so?

Could it be the earth revolved for four days before the Sun was created creating this four day difference?

In Genesis 1:14 the sun is said to be created on the forth day.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

So in conclusion the earth is basically off center by four days as it spun without any gravitational pull from another heavenly body until God had created the Sun. Once the sun was put in place then the orbit of the earth was established with a four day elliptical difference from a perfect circular orbit.

edit on 16-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: thread title miswording

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Nope! the Earth was created with the same material as the sun whilst the sun was in formation!

Also God never created the sun, it was formed by gas from a Supernova some time ago!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If you really want to understand how Earth was actually formed along with the rest of the Solar System I would recommend reading these two books from the start of a BSc degree:

An Introduction to the Solar System

An Introduction to the Sun and Stars

It's a little more complicated that a paragraph from a couple thousand year old scroll though I'm afraid.
edit on 16-3-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

of course it was but that does not prove it was created before or after.

If you believe that God created everything then the material used is "eternal" and man cannot age it that is why the material reads into the billions of years because we have not calculus for "eternal".

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

your only presenting another theory that has not been proven by fact.

so it has about as much support as the Bibles version of creation.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
So why is it so?

Because nature isn't as perfect as our models would like them to be.
Why don't planets have Circular orbits?

Could it be the earth revolved for four days before the Sun was created creating this four day difference?

No it couldn't.

So in conclusion the earth is basically off center by four days as it spun without any gravitational pull from another heavenly body until God had created the Sun. Once the sun was put in place then the orbit of the earth was established with a four day elliptical difference from a perfect circular orbit.

Even if the Sun were put in place after the earth rotated for 4 days, it wouldn't do what you are suggesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: AgentSmith

your only presenting another theory that has not been proven by fact.

so it has about as much support as the Bibles version of creation.

Actually, you are presenting a hypothesis not a theory, and the reasoning behind planetary motions isn't based on just Scientific Theory. It's based in Scientific Laws. Have you not heard of Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion?
edit on 16-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

of course it was but that does not prove it was created before or after.

This is basic science. The Earth was created by the same material as the Sun. When the suns core went nuclear and started spinning. it created a ring of dust, water and rock. It is from this material that the earth was created. With that in mind, its impossible for the Earth to have existed before the sun formed.

Your four day analogy is out as well as it would have been tens of millions of years just for a few rocks to gravitate towards each other to create the world we have today.

As the other poster said, take a look at their links provided and stop believing in scripture about the creation of the solar system and the sun when those same people that wrote that text believed the Sun was magic and the earth was flat!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Still just another theory which has yet to be proven true just like creation.

so whether you believe the theory of science or the recording in the Bible it is still unprovable.

all material in the universe was made from the same stuff. if the Bible is true it is of God and therefore eternal and we cannot age eternal.

edit on 16-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Still just another theory which has yet to be proven true just like creation.

AGAIN creation isn't a theory. It is a hypothesis. The account that flammadraco is posting IS a theory with much evidence supporting it. Please stop misusing the term "theory" to suit your agenda. I see you are conveniently ignoring the Scientific Laws I posted earlier that prove you wrong (it isn't "just a theory").
edit on 16-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Semantics, the big bang is a hypothesis also.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You know what, its not even worth our time discussing this with you. You seem to think that your two thousand year old scripture is true word for word, then so be it.

In this day and age, having this kind of discussion with someone about the scientific fact on how the earth and other planets in the solar system were created over your religious views that an invisible man snapped his fingers and hey presto we are all here is beneath me!

Sorry I'm outta here and I'm sure others will probably follow suit!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
three theories that are proven unscientific by the laws of thermodynamics are as follows

1) The universe has always been here.
2) The universe came into existence by accident sometime in the past. (the big bang)
3) The universe is just an illusion.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
bait thread.

move along peeps, nothing new here.
edit on 16-3-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

You know what, its not even worth our time discussing this with you. You seem to think that your two thousand year old scripture is true word for word, then so be it.

In this day and age, having this kind of discussion with someone about the scientific fact on how the earth and other planets in the solar system were created over your religious views that an invisible man snapped his fingers and hey presto we are all here is beneath me!

Sorry I'm outta here and I'm sure others will probably follow suit!

No I did not say the I believe 2000 year old scriptures are true. I used it to show that the Bible supports the scientific fact that the earths revolution around the sun is lengthened by four days therefore creating the current elliptical orbit. therefore lending credibility to the the Bible's narrative.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
bait thread.

move along peeps, nothing new here.

But what if someone is going fishing and need bait?

Op could you fix the title, I keep reading it and it only leads me to not read the thread but have to ask Is there one too may 'is's in your title or is the first 'is' meant be 'if'?

The title ends with a question mark so I will assume there is one too many 'is's there, I will discount the second one and post accordingly if I have something else to say.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No the thread begs a question that asks, Is the Sun four days off center in the solar system?

No one has yet refuted that it is.

Everyone is just arguing that the current scientific hypothesis (best guess) of the big bang is right and creationism is wrong. But I never stated one is wrong or one is right I state that the Bible seems to support science fact that the earth orbit is four days off center leaving us with an elliptical orbit.

I am taking orbital path here not creationism verse big bang. You all read that into the article yourselves.

edit on 16-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: correction

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

sorry I didn't realize I had an extra is in there.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'll bite one last time as you don't even know what you wrote in your OP.

You said the following;

So in response to your other point you made;

I am taking orbital path here not creationism verse big bang. You all read that into the article yourselves.

You did in fact bring this up yourself by stating the Earth was formed before the Sun which is just ludicrous!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So we learn that the earth orbit around the sun is not a circle but elliptical.

I learned this in school, and I learned that ALL the planets have elliptical orbits.
I take it to be one of the side-effects of the laws of motion and gravity, and Newton would probably give you a fuller explanation.

edit on 16-3-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join