It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1981 Barney Miller Episode Lays Out Trilateral Commission Agenda

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Of course, the character presenting the information is discredited by the fact that he's under arrest, but I'm surprised that this was spelled out so plainly on a network television show at all:

T he Vigilant Citizen

In this clip, a man who was arrested for entering the offices of the Trilateral Commission, goes into a diatribe about the great power of the Rockefeller family and the elite’s goal to create a one world government. However, the police officers clearly think he’s crazy as the studio audience laughs at his claims. Here’s the clip.

In short, this video is full of facts. But these facts were given by man who’s under arrest … with kooky literature … while a studio audience laughs at him. That’s how mass media spins the truth.

There was a significant anti-CFR/TLC contingent in the United States at this time, but nothing to warrant the issuance of such specific propaganda to the masses. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'd never seen this before and couldn't find anything in the ATS archives, so here's another one for the NWO social conditioning file. I'll never watch Barney Miller the same again.

Sad, really...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Controlled opposition.

Make something sound so bizarre nobody believes any of it and people automatically dismiss.

The MSM is very effective.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Greetings- There are threads here at ATS™ that has some clips from a "Die Hard" movie or similar that even goes as far as "blaming the Arabs or Muslims" I didn't see any of the movies but remember the thread.

The last creepy thing I saw was the Katy Perry commercial w/the pyramids, I saw the ad right after seeing a bit where Ms. Perry claims to have "made a deal w/the devil", that is what made it "creepy". Now I just watch old Oaters and Spring Training games...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Great catch! Nice to hear it from "Hey Now" Hank Kingsley!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

There were several organizations publishing material at that time about much of what is talked about on ATS today. 1978 was the first time I was introduced to all the conspiracy stuff mentioned. It was really in full swing by 1980.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

There were several organizations publishing material at that time about much of what is talked about on ATS today. 1978 was the first time I was introduced to all the conspiracy stuff mentioned. It was really in full swing by 1980.

Indeed. I just don't think I've ever seen anything so specific on a network broadcast, before or since (although I'm sure there must have been). It struck me as odd to be naming names and giving specific examples of infiltration. It seems very out-of-place and in fact forced into a show that rarely delved into international politics.

While this instance doesn't prove anything, it does at least indicate that our mass media is manipulated by these organizations at some level. I think xuenchen nailed the term I was looking for: controlled opposition. And from the looks of things, they're pretty damn good at drumming it up.
edit on 3/15/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Listening to the guy rant about getting rid of national boarders.....creepy now, very creepy considering how funny it was then and what is happening now.

No one listened then much. Its was all very quaint. Now its about to late.

edit on 15-3-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I was in the 70's and 80s and still believe the trilateral commission is up to no good. One of the most talked about conspiracies was the placement of Jimmy Carter as president an unknown peanut farmer/governor from Georgia.

But I would also like to address your comments about Barney Miller. It was one of the few sitcoms on TV that you had to be educated to laugh at. They quite often moved into the political theater with their themes. There were episodes about domestic terrorism and bombings among other things. If you are educated and have not seen Barney Miller I suggest everyone should look it up on Netflix or such very entertaining show.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In the same show the detective with the glasses later says that he's a member of the commission.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I was in the 70's and 80s and still believe the trilateral commission is up to no good. One of the most talked about conspiracies was the replacement of Jimmy Carter as president an unknown peanut farmer/govern from Georgia.

But I would also like to address your comments about Barney Miller. It was one of the few sitcoms on TV that you had to be educated to laugh at. They quite often moved into the political theater with their themes. There were episodes about domestic terrorism and bombings among other things. If you are educated and have not seen Barney Miller I suggest everyone should look it up on Netflix or such very entertaining show.

It's been a long time since I've seen the show, although it remains (well, not so much in light of all this) one of the few television shows I can tolerate. It was at times cerebral and political, but from what I remember it usually centered around domestic social issues when it went that way.

It just looks like a curveball to me. I mean, why else put it in the show if not to erect a straw man and label him criminally insane for the public to mock? Why be so specific, if not to purposely target and manipulate public perception regarding a specific group?
edit on 3/15/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Dietrich was also arrested at a anti-nuclear protest. ( that show was full on with political issues during the time)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Well we can agree it was a show for smart people it was not slapstick.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sorry OP , but utter rubbish.
its so easy now to find things from the past and fit them into topics of the modern age .

Pure coincidence and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Controlled opposition.

Make something sound so bizarre nobody believes any of it and people automatically dismiss.

Just came across this by coincidence:

Controlled Opposition--The Hidden Hand of Misdirection

“The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.” -Vladimir Lenin

This concept eludes public awareness to a scary degree. It’s similar to the reality of false flag operations, the epitome of carefully planned societal manipulation by unseen forces who have no regard for the human condition other than to control it at any cost.

This is so very similar to the slogan of the nefarious Mossad: “By way of deception, thou shalt do war.”

And the war is on us; for the subjugation, exploitation and control of….us. The human race.

Nothing is as it seems. Nothing. Not the least of which is anything and everything in our engineered society. It’s all misdirection, controlled opposition for the mind. This game of ruthless deception is endemic to the fabric of the entire matrix.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

In 1969 Dan Rowan of 'Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in' accurately predicted the future to the very year. I accidentally came across this during their televised skit and it made my head spin. Lucky guess I suppose but what else is amazing is how he later mentions President Ronald Reagan in the White House.

Dan Rowan predicts the future

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In just those last two seasons of Barney Miller there were storylines about the Democratic convention, a Viet Nam vet with mental problems because of agent orange, Barney being charged with contempt for refusing to name an informant, a riot by Hasidic Jews, snuff films, the FBi investigating microchips being sold to Poland, a hunger strike to end nuclear arms and an Indian retrieving ancestral bones.

After 7 years of trying to stay cutting edge it's hardly a stretch to imagine someone from that show's creative team picked up a copy of the Spotlight or some John Birch Society literature and just put that in there to be clever and topical.

Maybe the writer even agreed with the rant and included it to get the word out. Who knows?
edit on 16-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Controlled opposition.

The MSM is very effective.

you're dead right about that. they do it very well with everything. I reckon they have experts in manipulation around them and coaching them in these things all the time.

Recently saw a regular series on US preppers on tv and every case they showed the extreme end of prepper movement. Just training the sheeple to have the views they want them to have on the issues they have on their list.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's always fascinating to me how many things you watch and miss without knowing what to look for. Soon as you know, you recognise everything!

a reply to: Gideon70
A writer chose this topic out of thousands of possibilities, it's no coincidence. Its rather oddly specific.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

It's always fascinating to me how many things you watch and miss without knowing what to look for. Soon as you know, you recognise everything!

Indeed. I'm sure TV Land is riddled with such instances of targeted propaganda, only it's been so long since I've seen any of this stuff, I'm only now seeing it for what it is.

How many warnings have passed right over our heads because we didn't know that we should be looking for anything? How many things are slipping by us right now because we don't know what to look for?

Kinda disturbing, frankly...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have a background in theatre, and would like to approach this from a little different, but very real perspective.

In the seventies/eighties, how many people had heard of the trilateral commission? I would think; not many. What if you, as a television producer, writer, director, etc, wanted to educate the masses? You really wanted to tell the people about this evil entity bent on world domination. You can't come out and say, "The Trilateral Commission is trying to rule the world!" So you use the show and since Barney Miller is a comedy, you must stay in the framework of the production. However, that is exactly what they managed to say.

A long monologue is considered death in a TV/Film unless it has power. Yet, they give you not only the history of the commission, buts it's specific plans for the future in two seriously delivered speeches. Both logical. They simply capped everything with a joke. Message sent.

Rather than see it as an attack on a specific conspiracy; I felt it was an educational moment for the masses. More of a call to educate, and wake up, and also a way to slip some sensitive information past the censors. I mean, they named names and real political situations. I wouldn't be surprised if people were fired over this episode.

Just my take.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Dapaga because: date

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join