It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey detains Canadian Spy that helped UK girls join ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
In a shocking development Turkish officials have detained a foreign agent that helped 3 UK girls join ISIS recently.

www.wsj.com...

Turkey didn't release details on the Spy it has detained, but sources claim it to be a Canadian Spy, although of a different nationality. This is a surprising twist to a well known international story of ISIS recruitment. The involvement of government agents in this will likely threaten the girls lives if their loyalty to ISIS comes under question.

Oddly CSIS, the Canadian spy agency, claims to only support domestic operations. For a long time Canadian Law actually barred CSIS from doing so. Of course a recent Government Bill has opened the door to CSIS working abroad, which it seems they started doing a little early!

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Kind of a bummer that we have to subscribe to get the full story can you quote some of it perhaps

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Typical! Harpernista says no boots on the ground, WTF is this? And it just reinforces the probability that the US is involved in both the creation and management of ISIS, they've just dragged Canada's asses in for the ride. CSIS as far as I am concerned is a joke anyway. The day I was debriefed, a pair of these tools showed up in trench coats. I couldn't believe it. I guess they thought they were a pair of Sam Spades or something LOL. Looked more like cheezy spy-shaped book-ends. Before the meeting, they said they would find me at the agreed upon location. I walked around these asshats three times, looked right at them, so much for finding me. If I hadn't tapped the main guy on the shoulder the 4th time around, there wouldn't have been a meeting. This was a few years ago when it was pretty easy to hack their phone systems, hopefully it has changed since. But seriously, these guys were lame and their we're-all-that-and-a-bar-of-soap attitudes were a joke. If they want to play at being spies they really should get some real field experience in a hot zone, be operational in a campaign, etc. and lay off the black SUV's, it's old, tired and so americ'esk.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

double post

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/12.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Kind of a bummer that we have to subscribe to get the full story can you quote some of it perhaps

Apologies! When I went it was free...now I'm paywalled out as well! Here is a different article but free...

www.thestar.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yup and there was a "supposed" terrorist arrested yesterday or the day before, that was gonna try to blow up some buildings in the business district of toronto. Convenient timing, imo.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Just block the paywall script

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's the Conservative's "Campaign of Fear".

What changed? Surely not the Quebec electorate, which, for nearly two decades, voted for the Bloc Québécois, only to lurch en masse toward the lefty NDP in 2011. Rather, by coming out against the wearing of the face-covering niqab during a citizenship oath, which was the subject of a recent court decision, and the threat of another terrorist attack on Canadian soil, Harper hit upon a strain of collective fear in the province—where, as another recent poll suggests, nearly 80 per cent of people are worried about a terrorist attack and the indoctrination of young Quebecers by Islamist extremists.

And what goes for Quebec goes for the country as a whole. The recent threat of an attack on the West Edmonton Mall by Somali-based terrorist group al-Shabaab has only underscored the Canada-wide support for the government’s new anti-terrorism bill, which, according to recent polling numbers, is at nearly 85 per cent.

www.macleans.ca...

Canadian's are getting tired of this Americanized style of politics. Seen an attack ad lately?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And, of course, the Turks are already spinning this as "see, it's not just our fault that we're not securing our border against IS."

I'm not saying this isn't true. Just exercise some caution regarding sources.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

According to the Daily Sabah newspaper, news of the arrest broke when Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told a television station Thursday that the unidentified suspect “was working for the intelligence service of a country participating in the coalition against ISIS. This country is not the United States or member of the European Union.”

Why not just say Canada?

Who said Canada, aside from the article?

Why say Canada, & then go around the houses and say "not the United States or a member of the European Union"???

I bet it's a Middle Eastern Intel agency like SA or something.

Where the hell did Canada come from?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

After they put out official story with the lack of country involved it only took 1 hour for 'sources' to name the country as Canada. Turkey just wanted to deny embarrassing Canada officially in the paper.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I still don't understand why a Canadian agent would be helping UK girls around the age of 16 go join ISIS. That seems a little young for spies you want to plant inside the group.

Probably just a freelancer who does some work of CSIS while making some extra bucks driving people to the boarder and meeting ISIS representatives.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here's the story from Sky News,

news.sky.com...

Bit puzzled at the Canadian CSIS talking about IS starting in Syria and Iraq though, (OP's second link) they captured a good deal of Mali before being beaten back in 2012, doesn't matter much about the actual name used they are more than affiliated, and probably broke out of Mali to rampage elsewhere. As for the military big push, barbarism, and run tactics they use...it doesn't seem like a long-term agenda at all, despite the hype/talk.

edit on 12-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A European security source familiar with the case of the three girls said the person in question had a connection with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) spy agency.

A Canadian government source in Ottawa said the person was not a Canadian citizen and was not employed by CSIS. The source did not respond when asked whether the person had been working for CSIS.

Reuters.

Sounds like it's possibly some kind of double agent.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And one can only imagine the rats' nest of conflicting allegiances and payoffs going on with the myriad of players involved in this fiasco.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Thanks Noel.

Seemed strange to word it like that.

Didn't occur to me that they worked it out after.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It all makes sense IF this whole ISIS thing is a sort of false flag.
We create the enemy, we demonize the enemy, we fight the enemy (spending money, the ultimate goal.)
"Hey let's help these idiot children ruin their lives, making ISIS seem like the biggest threat ever."
Sounds good, only problem: Seen it all before.
These girls aren't spies, they're patsies.
I would be very surprised if we don't see disturbing images of these girls some day.
And the big wheel keeps on turning...

The ONLY thing that will stop this from becoming what it's heading for: Muslims taking up arms against ISIS in a very real, very effective way.
If not, things are going to get way worse than they are now.

I for one think this news story is the most interesting and telling article I've heard in a long time.
I hope the Turk intelligence is accurate.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Also, here's the story from CBC
www.cbc.ca... -detains-suspect-who-may-have-helped-u-k-teens-join-isis-1.2992215?cmp=rss

It's interesting how the CBC denies that the person arrested is Canadian or a member of CSIS.
Why would you believe anything Csis tells you and why would that matter?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: briantaylor

Keep in mind the CBC, while pretty unbiased for MSM, is still a crown corporation.

Don't bite the hand that feeds?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: briantaylor

Why not wait to see how King Steve is going to spin this and then see which direction the wind's blowing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join