It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for a re-design of the Tin-foil Hat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
As a fully paid-up member of the tin-foil hat brigade, I was wondering if we should not update our designs for tin-foil hats in line with current technology. Many new materials have been discovered and developed over the last few years and I feel that with these lightweight and colourful materials we could have something which would be far more useful and at the same time fashionable too.

Over the past couple of days I have been watching Ted.com videos and found the one below which is describing an old material but with new uses.

As I understand it, tin-foil hats have been around for ages and are supposed to blanket block any alien or TPTB rogue transmissions from entering our brain and adversely influencing us. I suppose the tin-foil hat acts like a small Faraday cage around the head and a good one would capture the radio waves rather like a receiving aerial and direct them harmlessly to earth through our shoes. Maybe other Tin-foil hatters could tell me if I got that part right please?

Anyway, this is a video from Ted.com which is interesting as it describes a substance made from silk which is both conductuve and strong when transformed into other materials. The video is just under 15 munutes long.

New use for old material

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Remarkable material uses. Stunning.

Now, do we actually get these to use and improve our life .... or do they get shelved somewhere.

Here is hoping.

S&F

ETA. History is full of tin hats. We lost a great deal of knowledge over time. If you want the best, then here it is. And you do not look like a conspiracy nut job. It keeps everything out.

P

edit on 12/3/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You have been fooled! The tin foil hat actually amplifies their signals into your brain! Major conspiracy here. It makes its users insane over time

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A new design for our beloved hats?
MADNESS!
i will not stand here and watch this young generation change and distort all things we keep sacred!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

As I understand it, tin-foil hats have been around for ages and are supposed to blanket block any alien or TPTB rogue transmissions from entering our brain and adversely influencing us. I suppose the tin-foil hat acts like a small Faraday cage around the head and a good one would capture the radio waves rather like a receiving aerial and direct them harmlessly to earth through our shoes. Maybe other Tin-foil hatters could tell me if I got that part right please?

So, is it a mini Faraday cage and could we use this material to replace the wallpaper on walls to create a house or room which could not be scanned?

Does this combat TV detector vans, customs scanners looking for illegal contraband, x-ray machines at airports, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
As a fully paid-up member of the tin-foil hat brigade
Lol you mean a shill?

As I understand it, tin-foil hats have been around for ages and are supposed to blanket block any alien or TPTB rogue transmissions from entering our brain and adversely influencing us.
imo the tptb have got scalar tech, tom bearden type, that can penetrate any tin foil hats

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
You have been fooled! The tin foil hat actually amplifies their signals into your brain! Major conspiracy here. It makes its users insane over time
Someone posted that aluminum foil amplified cosmic rays. I researched that claim and the scientific data does sort of support that claim but it's very misleading. As soon as the cosmic rays strike anything, even the Earth's atmosphere, a "shower" of particles is created. So of course the "shower" has more particles than the incident particle, but not more energy. If you don't wear a tinfoil hat and the particle strikes the astronaut's head instead, it will just create the shower of particles inside the head, so from this perspective I don't see how wearing a tinfoil hat really makes cosmic rays any worse. The claim that they do has a shred of truth to it based solely on external particle count, until you look into the details where that shred mostly vanishes after you consider internal particle counts.

originally posted by: pheonix358

P
That's pretty complete coverage, but you'll always have some leakage through the neck area, unless of course the head is removed so the neck doesn't get in the way, but that's not a good idea. I heard mike the chicken lived for 18 months with no head, but I never heard of a human doing that. Mike could have had his head wrapped completely in tinfoil so his brain would be completely safe from aliens.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You want the ultimate wearable faraday cage then there are lots of meta material derived options.

On a budget you might consider a layered affair that can be turned into a hat (or more likely Total Recall type turban) when needed.

Layer 1: Fine wire mesh
Layer 2: Watertight rubber bladder layer packed with sponge suspended in salt water
Layer 3: Fine wire mesh

Next Gen Tinfoil ...just hope they dont broadcast from below (they do!).

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Someone posted that aluminum foil amplified cosmic rays. I researched that claim and the scientific data does sort of support that claim but it's very misleading.

Misleading, indeed! I have never been violated by cosmic rays while wearing my aluminum foil hat. I think it's the way to go. The antenna serve to disperse the rays back into the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Cute picture, but one of the antennas is drooping. Maybe the aliens are communicating harder on that side and pushing it down?

new topics

top topics

join